Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2014, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: prasha11
Does not work anymore, is dead..... what is the point to report 'not working'?

As of 08/25/2014, Bancorp cards (Vanilla Visa, OneVanilla, etc.) are rarely working first try for debit transactions at Walmart. There is no apparent geographical basis. Basically, it's a crapshoot.

Do not agitate a cashier or store and lose the ability to make these transactions in the future. Multiple failed swipes or transactions will likely increase scrutiny. You do not want that. It is best to stop using these cards.

Vanilla VISA defaulting to credit
As of 5/29/2014, at most Walmart locations, all Vanilla VISA cards issued by The Bancorp Bank are automatically recognized as credit. Most Mastercard have required a workaround for some time. The MoneyCenter Express (ATM, kiosk, Kate) is not affected by this change.
Print Wikipost

MO Purchases using OV @ WM

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2014, 7:29 am

damn, I should not have held onto these cards over the weekend...
Old Aug 21, 2014, 8:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, AMEX PLAT, Priority Pass, Admirals Club, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by VizeL
damn, I should not have held onto these cards over the weekend...
Same here, I went out of town and didn't liquidate the $1000 worth of cards I had on hand because it had gotten so easy liquidate them. I am soo mad at myself right now.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 9:09 am

I think it should be relatively easy to liquidate 2 cards without much problem. You don't need to be so mad at yourself.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 10:47 am
Original Member

Dang...

I tried to liquidate the three One Vanillas I have at two different Walmarts today. I tried a kiosk and a cashier. No success. Where are you all liquidating them if not at Walmart?? Can I use them to buy a Vanilla Reload somewhere?? I can not believe I didn't check this thread before buying more!! What a shame. Can anyone help me out?? I have read pages and pages of this thread, but am at a loss.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 10:52 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by cmwdjw
I tried to liquidate the three One Vanillas I have at two different Walmarts today. I tried a kiosk and a cashier. No success. Where are you all liquidating them if not at Walmart?? Can I use them to buy a Vanilla Reload somewhere?? I can not believe I didn't check this thread before buying more!! What a shame. Can anyone help me out?? I have read pages and pages of this thread, but am at a loss.
Use them to purchase Paypal loads @ eat the minor loss. (Assuming you have a paypal debit card. If not, find & read that thread)
Old Aug 21, 2014, 10:53 am

Three?

Worse comes to worst, regular spend, evolve, etc.

Not a huge deal unless your floating in the 5-6 digits...
Old Aug 21, 2014, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by cmwdjw
Can anyone help me out?? I have read pages and pages of this thread, but am at a loss.
Might be time to venture outside this thread. There is more to life than just WM.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 11:09 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by VizeL
Three?

Worse comes to worst, regular spend, evolve, etc.

Not a huge deal unless your floating in the 5-6 digits...
Those 3 cards likely represent the entire municipal budget for the City of Altoona
Old Aug 21, 2014, 11:37 am

Originally Posted by Stoughton
Those 3 cards likely represent the entire municipal budget for the City of Altoona
Gave me a giggle

Ask your city to lower your taxes if you pay their utilities ^
Old Aug 21, 2014, 1:12 pm

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
Originally Posted by Stoughton
Use them to purchase Paypal loads @ eat the minor loss. (Assuming you have a paypal debit card. If not, find & read that thread)
This is the easiest way to do it, for sure. Even if u don't have the PP debit, buy the reloads, load them to your account, transfer the money to your wife's account, and have her transfer the money to her bank account. A one time transfer like that likely won't shut her down from PP, just don't do it again.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 3:03 pm

Anyone recently used meta or US bank visa card for MO at WMT moneycenter?
Old Aug 21, 2014, 3:16 pm

Programs: DL PLT, AS 75k, AA Exec Plat
Originally Posted by prasha11
No issues with USB V yesterday.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA, UA, US
no issues yesterday as of 8 pm pst
Old Aug 21, 2014, 3:30 pm

no issues with both meta and sunrise VGCs fed to Kate this afternoon.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 6:14 pm

what about vanilla mc?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.