Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2014, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: prasha11
Does not work anymore, is dead..... what is the point to report 'not working'?

As of 08/25/2014, Bancorp cards (Vanilla Visa, OneVanilla, etc.) are rarely working first try for debit transactions at Walmart. There is no apparent geographical basis. Basically, it's a crapshoot.

Do not agitate a cashier or store and lose the ability to make these transactions in the future. Multiple failed swipes or transactions will likely increase scrutiny. You do not want that. It is best to stop using these cards.

Vanilla VISA defaulting to credit
As of 5/29/2014, at most Walmart locations, all Vanilla VISA cards issued by The Bancorp Bank are automatically recognized as credit. Most Mastercard have required a workaround for some time. The MoneyCenter Express (ATM, kiosk, Kate) is not affected by this change.
Print Wikipost

MO Purchases using OV @ WM

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2014, 12:50 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by Sleekfire
Thanks, but what Wiki are you referring to? I ran some searches but can't seem to find it?

Link?
The wiki right above your post.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 12:58 pm

Originally Posted by cruisr
The wiki right above your post.
Ah. These are all terms for the money center?
Old Aug 1, 2014, 2:00 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, CC Silver
Originally Posted by Sleekfire
Ah. These are all terms for the money center?
Not sure why the sad face. No, these are all terms for the ATM-like machine that some Walmarts have. The Money Center is the counter with the clerks where you can pay bills, buy money orders, wire money, etc. Unfortunately it is also usually the Customer Service center, so you stand in line a long time behind people with carts full of crap being returned.

There may or may not be a kiosk/ATM/Kate in the Money Center. One Walmart near me has one, one does not.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 2:12 pm

Can people stop going back and forth between MBVGC and OVs? Its getting quite confusing. If there are issues with MBVGCS, please make a separate thread on it.

Its hard to find out if OVs are working temporarily again.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by spgbus
Some didn't work today but some worked even they were failed yesterday. Yes. 'Change Payment' as usual. I tried the Black&White system today.
Able to load $500 right with OV...not just like $50?
Old Aug 1, 2014, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by PHLisa
Not sure why the sad face. No, these are all terms for the ATM-like machine that some Walmarts have. The Money Center is the counter with the clerks where you can pay bills, buy money orders, wire money, etc. Unfortunately it is also usually the Customer Service center, so you stand in line a long time behind people with carts full of crap being returned.

There may or may not be a kiosk/ATM/Kate in the Money Center. One Walmart near me has one, one does not.
I couldn't get it straight. Thank you for the clear answer!!
Old Aug 1, 2014, 2:32 pm

UPDATE: OV to BB at WM Kate Successful Again?

Hello All --

A user commenting on Grant's blog (http://travelwithgrant.com/bluebird/...y-one-vanilla/), indicated a successful OV to BB reload today at a WM kate. Since the WM fraud investigation with Bancorp recently finished, this is certainly plausible. Can anyone else confirm this?
Old Aug 1, 2014, 3:02 pm

I've got $220 in a card I might try...but alas my trip isnt schedule for this week.

Maybe I should give it a go anyway...
Old Aug 1, 2014, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by jonwilsonmft
Hello All --

A user commenting on Grant's blog (http://travelwithgrant.com/bluebird/...y-one-vanilla/), indicated a successful OV to BB reload today at a WM kate. Since the WM fraud investigation with Bancorp recently finished, this is certainly plausible. Can anyone else confirm this?
Its the same as user as what is on FT a few posts above...(spgbus). More data points would be more welcomed though.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 3:04 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, NSA, CIA, MIB
but i don't want to go to WM
Old Aug 1, 2014, 3:30 pm

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
Able to load $500 right with OV...not just like $50?
Yes. Why not just give it a try.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 3:36 pm
jyx

i tried to load $500 OV at Kate 10 minutes ago, and it didn't go through.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 4:00 pm

Programs: National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis CC, Continental Onepass
I was able to load 4 OV at Kate and one was declined.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 4:10 pm

Originally Posted by sanctified50
I was able to load 4 OV at Kate and one was declined.
The 4th one for you got declined since you hit the $2K velocity limit. Read the wiki in the link below to understand why you made that mistake. Why anyone would tease with the Kate velocity limit is beyond me.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...ys-broken.html

Originally Posted by spgbus
Yes. Why not just give it a try.
Because I am at work and haven't had a chance to give it a try yet. Just trying to gather some info.

Last edited by ericdabbs; Aug 1, 2014 at 6:35 pm Reason: Deleted some irrelevant info
Old Aug 1, 2014, 4:10 pm

delete

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.