MO Purchases using OV @ WM

    Hide Wikipost
Old Nov 29, 14, 7:26 pm   -   Wikipost
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been on FT for 90 days and have made 90 posts.
 
Last edit by: prasha11
Wiki Link
Does not work anymore, is dead..... what is the point to report 'not working'?

As of 08/25/2014, Bancorp cards (Vanilla Visa, OneVanilla, etc.) are rarely working first try for debit transactions at Walmart. There is no apparent geographical basis. Basically, it's a crapshoot.

Do not agitate a cashier or store and lose the ability to make these transactions in the future. Multiple failed swipes or transactions will likely increase scrutiny. You do not want that. It is best to stop using these cards.



Vanilla VISA defaulting to credit
As of 5/29/2014, at most Walmart locations, all Vanilla VISA cards issued by The Bancorp Bank are automatically recognized as credit. Most Mastercard have required a workaround for some time. The MoneyCenter Express (ATM, kiosk, Kate) is not affected by this change.
Print Wikipost

Old Aug 1, 14, 7:13 am
  #1801  
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1,270
Originally Posted by SkinsFan0521 View Post
Last night I went to WM to load my BB with my Metabank Travel card (that I've been using just fine) and a $500 VGC from a grocery store. I was told that no gift cards as debit are allowed due to a new policy and "American Express is cracking down". So, she didn't even let me attempt to use my VGC, but did let me try my Metabank Travel card. I swiped the card, entered my pin and then got the "tender not allowed" message.

I then asked if I could buy a MO since it was "American Express" that was cracking down and she declined to even allow me to attempt to buy a MO.

This is the WM that I go to on average 2-3 times a week all the time and this is the first that I've heard anything like this. This particular cashier has done this for me tens of times before, so she knows me.

I was told that this just happened in the past "week or so".
I had trouble with mb last night--I think they froze it. I'll try VGC today. Updates would be helpful to see if it is a new policy.
ZzzzX is offline  
Old Aug 1, 14, 7:35 am
  #1802  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: BGM
Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Posts: 769
Originally Posted by ZzzzX View Post
I had trouble with mb last night--I think they froze it. I'll try VGC today. Updates would be helpful to see if it is a new policy.
I just looked at the transaction history on myprepaidbalance.com and this is what it says for when I tried yesterday:

Rejected: Amt=1000.00 Card has status IA. -- [WALMART/SAMCLUB WALMART/SAMCLUB Wal-Mart Super Cent xxxxxxxxxx NY US]

I'm going to assume that "status IA" means inactive, but I'll have to call later and see what I find out.
SkinsFan0521 is offline  
Old Aug 1, 14, 7:45 am
  #1803  
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 581
Originally Posted by SkinsFan0521 View Post
I just looked at the transaction history on myprepaidbalance.com and this is what it says for when I tried yesterday:

Rejected: Amt=1000.00 Card has status IA. -- [WALMART/SAMCLUB WALMART/SAMCLUB Wal-Mart Super Cent xxxxxxxxxx NY US]

I'm going to assume that "status IA" means inactive, but I'll have to call later and see what I find out.
It looks like the WM cashier tried to charge you $1000 on a $500 GC.
Zgirl is offline  
Old Aug 1, 14, 7:46 am
  #1804  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: BGM
Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Posts: 769
Originally Posted by Zgirl View Post
It looks like the WM cashier tried to charge you $1000 on a $500 GC.
No, it was a reloadable Metabank Travel card that has a balance of over $1k on it and I've used this card several times before to load BB & buy MO.
SkinsFan0521 is offline  
Old Aug 1, 14, 9:33 am
  #1805  
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 148
Anyone else having trouble with MBVGC? I loaded last weekend everything was fine...
kenshinluo is offline  
Old Aug 1, 14, 11:40 am
  #1806  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: DFW
Posts: 477
One more data point... Loaded 5k OVs to 2xBB today at WM both Kiosk and Regular Register.

*** Be Cautious *** This is a big YMMV due to the various system errors. MC CSR would be iritated easily if multiple OVs got Debit Not Available errors.

There was a wired system error spit from Kate today: *** REFRESH TERM CONFIGURATION *** *METROLOGICAL CHECKSUM = 2785 *, anyone had seen it before?
spgbus is offline  
Old Aug 1, 14, 11:45 am
  #1807  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 44
Originally Posted by spgbus View Post
One more data point... Loaded 5k OVs to 2xBB today at WM both Kiosk and Regular Register.

*** Be Cautious *** This is a big YMMV due to the various system errors. MC CSR would be iritated easily if multiple OVs got Debit Not Available errors.

There was a wired system error spit from Kate today: *** REFRESH TERM CONFIGURATION *** *METROLOGICAL CHECKSUM = 2785 *, anyone had seen it before?
Help the Noob out. What's Kate?
Sleekfire is offline  
Old Aug 1, 14, 11:52 am
  #1808  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: DFW
Posts: 477
Originally Posted by Sleekfire View Post
Help the Noob out. What's Kate?
See Wiki... The MoneyCenter Express (kiosk, Kate, ATM)
spgbus is offline  
Old Aug 1, 14, 12:02 pm
  #1809  
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: At an airport-on a cruise ship
Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Platinum, SPG-Platinum Thnks to FT
Posts: 4,265
Originally Posted by kenshinluo View Post
Anyone else having trouble with MBVGC? I loaded last weekend everything was fine...

Just loaded 5k worth of them onto 3 BBs.
No problemo at all.
cruisr is offline  
Old Aug 1, 14, 12:03 pm
  #1810  
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: CT
Programs: HHonors Silver
Posts: 425
Originally Posted by spgbus View Post
One more data point... Loaded 5k OVs to 2xBB today at WM both Kiosk and Regular Register.

*** Be Cautious *** This is a big YMMV due to the various system errors. MC CSR would be iritated easily if multiple OVs got Debit Not Available errors.

There was a wired system error spit from Kate today: *** REFRESH TERM CONFIGURATION *** *METROLOGICAL CHECKSUM = 2785 *, anyone had seen it before?
Do all the OVs you tried worked or some worked and some doesn't? Also, I assume you still need the change payment trick?
allanfan is offline  
Old Aug 1, 14, 12:09 pm
  #1811  
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: DFW
Posts: 477
Originally Posted by allanfan View Post
Do all the OVs you tried worked or some worked and some doesn't? Also, I assume you still need the change payment trick?
Some didn't work today but some worked even they were failed yesterday. Yes. 'Change Payment' as usual. I tried the Black&White system today.
spgbus is offline  
Old Aug 1, 14, 12:35 pm
  #1812  
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 511
Originally Posted by SkinsFan0521 View Post
No, it was a reloadable Metabank Travel card that has a balance of over $1k on it and I've used this card several times before to load BB & buy MO.
Your Metabank Travel account got locked.

Happened to me - I got locked after 3 loads. Have fun talking with the angry CSR lady - seems like there is only one for this product given the experiences of myself and others.
hamhead is offline  
Old Aug 1, 14, 12:35 pm
  #1813  
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Down South, The Desert
Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Posts: 1,871
Originally Posted by spgbus View Post
Some didn't work today but some worked even they were failed yesterday. Yes. 'Change Payment' as usual. I tried the Black&White system today.
Thanks for sharing.
TheDapperDon is offline  
Old Aug 1, 14, 12:42 pm
  #1814  
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: BGM
Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Posts: 769
Originally Posted by hamhead View Post
Your Metabank Travel account got locked.

Happened to me - I got locked after 3 loads. Have fun talking with the angry CSR lady - seems like there is only one for this product given the experiences of myself and others.
I did that already and had it unlocked and used it once since then. That was a couple weeks ago though.

Guess I'll have to call that lady again who never answers the phone and when she does, she's angry about it!
SkinsFan0521 is offline  
Old Aug 1, 14, 12:44 pm
  #1815  
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 44
Originally Posted by spgbus View Post
See Wiki... The MoneyCenter Express (kiosk, Kate, ATM)
Thanks, but what Wiki are you referring to? I ran some searches but can't seem to find it?

Link?
Sleekfire is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: