Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 29, 2014, 7:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: prasha11
Does not work anymore, is dead..... what is the point to report 'not working'?

As of 08/25/2014, Bancorp cards (Vanilla Visa, OneVanilla, etc.) are rarely working first try for debit transactions at Walmart. There is no apparent geographical basis. Basically, it's a crapshoot.

Do not agitate a cashier or store and lose the ability to make these transactions in the future. Multiple failed swipes or transactions will likely increase scrutiny. You do not want that. It is best to stop using these cards.

Vanilla VISA defaulting to credit
As of 5/29/2014, at most Walmart locations, all Vanilla VISA cards issued by The Bancorp Bank are automatically recognized as credit. Most Mastercard have required a workaround for some time. The MoneyCenter Express (ATM, kiosk, Kate) is not affected by this change.
Print Wikipost

MO Purchases using OV @ WM

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2014, 7:13 am

Originally Posted by SkinsFan0521
Last night I went to WM to load my BB with my Metabank Travel card (that I've been using just fine) and a $500 VGC from a grocery store. I was told that no gift cards as debit are allowed due to a new policy and "American Express is cracking down". So, she didn't even let me attempt to use my VGC, but did let me try my Metabank Travel card. I swiped the card, entered my pin and then got the "tender not allowed" message.

I then asked if I could buy a MO since it was "American Express" that was cracking down and she declined to even allow me to attempt to buy a MO.

This is the WM that I go to on average 2-3 times a week all the time and this is the first that I've heard anything like this. This particular cashier has done this for me tens of times before, so she knows me.

I was told that this just happened in the past "week or so".
I had trouble with mb last night--I think they froze it. I'll try VGC today. Updates would be helpful to see if it is a new policy.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 7:35 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by ZzzzX
I had trouble with mb last night--I think they froze it. I'll try VGC today. Updates would be helpful to see if it is a new policy.
I just looked at the transaction history on myprepaidbalance.com and this is what it says for when I tried yesterday:

Rejected: Amt=1000.00 Card has status IA. -- [WALMART/SAMCLUB WALMART/SAMCLUB Wal-Mart Super Cent xxxxxxxxxx NY US]

I'm going to assume that "status IA" means inactive, but I'll have to call later and see what I find out.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 7:45 am

I just looked at the transaction history on myprepaidbalance.com and this is what it says for when I tried yesterday:

Rejected: Amt=1000.00 Card has status IA. -- [WALMART/SAMCLUB WALMART/SAMCLUB Wal-Mart Super Cent xxxxxxxxxx NY US]

I'm going to assume that "status IA" means inactive, but I'll have to call later and see what I find out.
It looks like the WM cashier tried to charge you $1000 on a $500 GC.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 7:46 am

Programs: HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Platinum, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Zgirl
It looks like the WM cashier tried to charge you $1000 on a $500 GC.
No, it was a reloadable Metabank Travel card that has a balance of over $1k on it and I've used this card several times before to load BB & buy MO.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 9:33 am

Anyone else having trouble with MBVGC? I loaded last weekend everything was fine...
Old Aug 1, 2014, 11:40 am

One more data point... Loaded 5k OVs to 2xBB today at WM both Kiosk and Regular Register.

*** Be Cautious *** This is a big YMMV due to the various system errors. MC CSR would be iritated easily if multiple OVs got Debit Not Available errors.

There was a wired system error spit from Kate today: *** REFRESH TERM CONFIGURATION *** *METROLOGICAL CHECKSUM = 2785 *, anyone had seen it before?
Old Aug 1, 2014, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by spgbus
One more data point... Loaded 5k OVs to 2xBB today at WM both Kiosk and Regular Register.

*** Be Cautious *** This is a big YMMV due to the various system errors. MC CSR would be iritated easily if multiple OVs got Debit Not Available errors.

There was a wired system error spit from Kate today: *** REFRESH TERM CONFIGURATION *** *METROLOGICAL CHECKSUM = 2785 *, anyone had seen it before?
Help the Noob out. What's Kate?
Old Aug 1, 2014, 11:52 am

Originally Posted by Sleekfire
Help the Noob out. What's Kate?
See Wiki... The MoneyCenter Express (kiosk, Kate, ATM)
Old Aug 1, 2014, 12:02 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by kenshinluo
Anyone else having trouble with MBVGC? I loaded last weekend everything was fine...

Just loaded 5k worth of them onto 3 BBs.
No problemo at all.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 12:03 pm

Programs: HHonors Silver

Do all the OVs you tried worked or some worked and some doesn't? Also, I assume you still need the change payment trick?
Old Aug 1, 2014, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by allanfan
Do all the OVs you tried worked or some worked and some doesn't? Also, I assume you still need the change payment trick?
Some didn't work today but some worked even they were failed yesterday. Yes. 'Change Payment' as usual. I tried the Black&White system today.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 12:35 pm

No, it was a reloadable Metabank Travel card that has a balance of over $1k on it and I've used this card several times before to load BB & buy MO.
Your Metabank Travel account got locked.

Happened to me - I got locked after 3 loads. Have fun talking with the angry CSR lady - seems like there is only one for this product given the experiences of myself and others.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 12:35 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Some didn't work today but some worked even they were failed yesterday. Yes. 'Change Payment' as usual. I tried the Black&White system today.
Thanks for sharing.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by hamhead
Your Metabank Travel account got locked.

Happened to me - I got locked after 3 loads. Have fun talking with the angry CSR lady - seems like there is only one for this product given the experiences of myself and others.
I did that already and had it unlocked and used it once since then. That was a couple weeks ago though.

Guess I'll have to call that lady again who never answers the phone and when she does, she's angry about it!
Old Aug 1, 2014, 12:44 pm

See Wiki... The MoneyCenter Express (kiosk, Kate, ATM)
Thanks, but what Wiki are you referring to? I ran some searches but can't seem to find it?

Link?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.