FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   MO Purchases using OV @ WM (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1581146-mo-purchases-using-ov-wm.html)

Marathon Man Jun 19, 2014 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by FTRox87 (Post 23065167)
you do realize how stupid this sounds right?

thats the exact attitude that kills deals, instead of prolonging em which is what you're after. you go off on rants about being a good steward of MS, but the biggest rule folks forget is getting too greedy.

heavy hitting is what kills deals. no amount of small time noobies even show up on the radar of a corp as big as WM. its the ppl who treat MS like a job and run 7 or even 8 figures thru one place like WM that grabs someones attention. since its nearly impossible for them to track and ban anonymous GCs for one or few users, they are forced to turn off the tap for everyone using those products.

what you are saying twists what I have said and makes no sense at all.

what I am saying is that people who do not commit to doing this will have less or no chance. people who do commit to this and go heavy at it will.

A heavy user will fly to other cities, test and have time to try out other things, and invest effort to find and use other methods. Light users will not be able to do this for one reason or another.

heavy hitting does not kill deals. not if you know how to spread it out amongst many places and in many ways and not centralize your efforts. It is stupid heavy hitting that kills things, but not heavy hitting in itself. You are not talking from experience here, I can tell.

I have been able to do upwards of $400k spend on one cc in a month in more than 2 months in a row and not burned out any one location of buy or burn. I had to do a ton of driving around and maybe needed new brakes and shocks later, but that COST of doing business was well worth prolonging the fact that I can still use all those places and some even wonder where the heck I have been now that I am not doing that ammt of spend right now.

st.exupery Jun 19, 2014 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by Marathon Man (Post 23065033)
stupid things of MS vol. 1:

--why does everybody insist on mentioning grocery stores in here? STOP IT! STOP IT!)

Grocery stores.

Fuerza Jun 19, 2014 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by Marathon Man (Post 23065279)
what you are saying twists what I have said and makes no sense at all.

what I am saying is that people who do not commit to doing this will have less or no chance. people who do commit to this and go heavy at it will.

A heavy user will fly to other cities, test and have time to try out other things, and invest effort to find and use other methods. Light users will not be able to do this for one reason or another.

heavy hitting does not kill deals. not if you know how to spread it out amongst many places and in many ways and not centralize your efforts. It is stupid heavy hitting that kills things, but not heavy hitting in itself. You are not talking from experience here, I can tell.

I have been able to do upwards of $400k spend on one cc in a month in more than 2 months in a row and not burned out any one location of buy or burn. I had to do a ton of driving around and maybe needed new brakes and shocks later, but that COST of doing business was well worth prolonging the fact that I can still use all those places and some even wonder where the heck I have been now that I am not doing that ammt of spend right now.

+1!

It's the cost of business. In reality though all will eventually end. I thought I was heavy hitting but I'm a small dog, in reality even my small volume is time consuming. The other day I had a plan to make a 'run' as I like to call it. It seem like everything went wrong. On MO location CSR said Cash only, even though I went there the day prior, next location was having computer issues. 3rd time was the charm. 2 hours went by dealing with my issues. Well that was than, I was fed up and ready to go home. I couldn't image having to move $400k. I've moved about $40k so far this month and have decided to slow my roll till all this stuff pans out.

kiltedflyer Jun 19, 2014 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by st.exupery (Post 23065313)
Grocery stores.

lol.

Marathon Man Jun 19, 2014 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by st.exupery (Post 23065313)
stores.

lol

Originally Posted by Fuerza (Post 23065329)
+1!

It's the cost of business. In reality though all will eventually end. I thought I was heavy hitting but I'm a small dog, in reality even my small volume is time consuming. The other day I had a plan to make a 'run' as I like to call it. It seem like everything went wrong. On MO location CSR said Cash only, even though I went there the day prior, next location was having computer issues. 3rd time was the charm. 2 hours went by dealing with my issues. Well that was than, I was fed up and ready to go home. I couldn't image having to move $400k. I've moved about $40k so far this month and have decided to slow my roll till all this stuff pans out.

yup

but yeah a run is work and it is all relative the ammt one does a day or month. Things can go wrong. Happens all the time. But you learn to roll with this and keep pushing on. You are in Bastone and you have to hold the line.

ceverett Jun 19, 2014 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by bu08usc11 (Post 23065277)
That's the point of the wiki.

I have 4 options other than Wal-Mart. That's not the point. The point is that the wiki explicitly said Meta, SGC, etc were unaffected but that has been removed. The question was whether that was because they are now affected or because someone mistakenly deleted it.

How about you go test them out for me and report back. I'd appreciate it.

Removed for:

1) being off topic.
2) being a single source for telling WM IT which spigots to turn off.

silver6054 Jun 19, 2014 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by Fuerza (Post 23065329)
+1!

Yes, also your location vs location of key stores can reduce the amount that is reasonable. Recently I made what I told my wife would be a quick trip, and bought and deposited $8k, about $300 profit. But it took about 2 hours, quite a bit of driving and just felt like too much work! Just need even a small traffic accident due to increased driving to wipe out all the profits for a while.

And today, a formally reliable grocery chain wouldn't do MO, because of a brand new policy. (Clerk called to check with her manager about debit card purchase, didn't even ask about the type of debit)

tech2011 Jun 19, 2014 10:46 pm

I am struck with 38k GC. Stupid me. I just brought them yesterday. Yesterday was last day for my WFC promo :(

CincinnatiKid Jun 19, 2014 10:57 pm

I am new to certain forms of MS but not to beating systems. As a professional arbitrageur - be it markets, regulations, or "games of chance" - I've witnessed many edges come and go. The predictable pattern of discovery, scale, notoriety, crowding, and "efficiency" (edge disappears or becomes uneconomic) is playing itself out in MS.

Spending far too much time RTFF I've seen many ill conceived accusations and laughable assertions. Today's actions by Wally World were not only predictable but telegraphed. I'm not going to show all my cards but will provide a link that is very informative with regard to today's action and what will be happening in the near future:
http://www.fool.com/investing/genera...collapsed.aspx

I would add that those that are apolitical may consider raising their voices. Apathy and silence are two great ingredients to turn a sovereign individual into an indentured and poverty-stricken man. The Dept. of the Treasury (IRS) wants to make cash a rarity and with it anonymity and liberty. Time to get educated and involved.

Lastly I would enjoy having a discussion with sophisticated players of size (via PM) and can provide certain bona fides as there may be one big score left in MS.

calvn911 Jun 19, 2014 11:04 pm

Originally Posted by tech2011 (Post 23065594)
I am struck with 38k GC. Stupid me. I just brought them yesterday. Yesterday was last day for my WFC promo :(

Give 'em to me Ill un-load them... :p

commdiver Jun 19, 2014 11:11 pm

Bahahahahahahahahahaha! ^

flyertalker9867674 Jun 19, 2014 11:17 pm

My normally reliable WALLY, as of 2 days ago at least, was a complete bust tonight. I couldn't get OV's or Meta Visas to work at all. Tried different registers and everything. Thank god for grocery stores.

skibum7732 Jun 19, 2014 11:18 pm

BS, no one has been getting a CL even close to that high w WF..I do love as the crap filling this thread though. Keeping me amused

skibum7732 Jun 19, 2014 11:19 pm

Originally Posted by RamboAroundTheWorld (Post 23065648)

My normally reliable WALLY, as of 2 days ago at least, was a complete bust tonight. I couldn't get OV's or Meta Visas to work at all. Tried different registers and everything. Thank god for ******.

not sure about being one, but I have one that has to be slung over my shoulder so I do not step on it when walking:eek:

ericdabbs Jun 19, 2014 11:28 pm

Originally Posted by RamboAroundTheWorld (Post 23065648)
Jesus, some of you guys are being real dicks.

My normally reliable WALLY, as of 2 days ago at least, was a complete bust tonight. I couldn't get OV's or Meta Visas to work at all. Tried different registers and everything. Thank god for grocery stores.

You couldn't get Metabank VGCs to work?