FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   GTE Federal Credit (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1580216-gte-federal-credit.html)

payeco May 28, 2014 1:06 am

Originally Posted by carpentry4thought (Post 22936550)
I'd love for you guys to find something (and share it with me) that can be done from home and internationally. However, comparing the ROI on this bank account stuff to Amex gift carding is proportionate to comparing the ROI of selling a couple of cars in front of your house to owning a dealership.

Jesus dude, why are you still arguing with him about AGCs? One MS strategy does not fit everyone. If I could find a bank account that 1. had a high initial fund limit from a CC and 2. allowed large monthly MO deposits by mobile app or even by branch ATM I would value that way for than the AGC method you keep droning on about because my MS strategy is different than yours. Just give up.

carpentry4thought May 28, 2014 2:00 am

Originally Posted by payeco (Post 22936625)
Jesus dude, why are you still arguing with him about AGCs? One MS strategy does not fit everyone. If I could find a bank account that 1. had a high initial fund limit from a CC and 2. allowed large monthly MO deposits by mobile app or even by branch ATM I would value that way for than the AGC method you keep droning on about because my MS strategy is different than yours. Just give up.

If the issue is meeting minimum spend, a trip to CVS can do that. If the issue is increasing mileage accounts, this bank stuff won't go far. If the issue is getting more travel dollars or cashback, this bank stuff will go even less far. If the issue is being able to sit at home and do stuff, the Buxx cards and such can help. These are things to consider for people who want to avoid wasting time. Depositing MOs? Walk into a credit union or upload the MO image to your Big Bank account. A particular strategy isn't for everyone, and I wouldn't suggest anyone to pick just one. I started on this thread to find distant or quick MS methods because I'm out of the US a quarter of the time, and now that I've been told that I'm arguing and droning (I've had like 4 posts here?) it seems pretty obvious that there isn't, empirical evidence aside. Why else would a reactive post already have popped up? Though considering this forum ...

lovenola May 28, 2014 6:00 am

Thanks for killing this one. Any thought given to being discrete?

StartingOut May 28, 2014 4:29 pm

@ADK - Did you see this thread? :p

caGALINDO May 29, 2014 2:38 pm

gte is a hard pull anyway, fire away 1609844kilometersecret

MidnightLight May 30, 2014 12:57 am

Sigh... this one was a decent one while it lasted. But now it looks like it's finally going to die. Oh well. It was fun the past couple of years, at least.

QL_714 May 30, 2014 11:45 am

Originally Posted by caGALINDO (Post 22946125)
gte is a hard pull anyway, fire away 1609844kilometersecret

How many pulls for 20 accounts? :D

f0xx May 30, 2014 11:51 am

Who do they pull?
If it was TU, it's do-able.
EX? No way.
EQ? Do-able, but not as preferred as TU.

Doctor of Credit May 30, 2014 10:21 pm

Originally Posted by f0xx (Post 22950974)
Who do they pull?
If it was TU, it's do-able.
EX? No way.
EQ? Do-able, but not as preferred as TU.

Equifax. They only pull once, I wonder if they do a chex systems inquiry for each new CD. I assume not since people have been making full use of this.

f0xx May 30, 2014 10:34 pm

Originally Posted by Doctor of Credit (Post 22953817)
Equifax. They only pull once, I wonder if they do a chex systems inquiry for each new CD. I assume not since people have been making full use of this.

I don't think many people in this sub-forum have the kind of float necessary for 6 month CD's.

Doctor of Credit May 31, 2014 12:06 am

Originally Posted by f0xx (Post 22953848)
I don't think many people in this sub-forum have the kind of float necessary for 6 month CD's.

Easy way to max out 0% APR offers though. That'll build you a float for a short period of time as well.

FrequentFlyer1234 Dec 29, 2016 1:02 pm

FYI, they pull TransUnion now.

bigtimespender Dec 31, 2016 2:58 pm

Okay, so what is the best strategy if one is amazingly liquid to not get shut down? Have a few bucks in a checking account? And as far as avoiding a cash advance fee, should one just call the credit card and tell them to make the cash advance fee 0?

f0xx Dec 31, 2016 3:23 pm

Originally Posted by FrequentFlyer1234 (Post 27677388)
FYI, they pull TransUnion now.

Damn. Someone's picking through old MS ways.

MS'ing in general must be dead. :p