Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2015, 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by Jesusdyd4u
I made my first GC purchase last week for 1k. When filling out the form, it asks what the purpose of the cards is for. I naturally wrote "gift."

Does anyone write in something else when making large purchases in the 5-10k range?
Do you need to fill out a form for every purchase?
Shopping... I'm gonna shop for something eventually. The lady at my mall usually has it prefilled for me :-).
Old Aug 27, 2015, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I made my first GC purchase last week for 1k. When filling out the form, it asks what the purpose of the cards is for. I naturally wrote "gift."

Does anyone write in something else when making large purchases in the 5-10k range?
Do you need to fill out a form for every purchase?
"Budget tool" was suggested by the mall staff, so that's what I write. Yes, I have to fill out a form for every $9,500 purchase.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by AndrewTheMan
Can we go to more than one mall a day to circumvent that 9.5k limit?
CRNA's answer "yes" is technically incorrect. Now if its enforced and which malls enforce it are other questions.... How they do it and which DFW malls do I won't say as I've been trolled for posting facts from DFW sources for the benefit of the board before.....
Old Aug 27, 2015, 5:41 pm

Regarding purpose of cards, in my area, there's a person known for buying gift cards and using those instead of credit so that he can avoid identity theft. That's also a possibility.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 8:09 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Success

Spent two weeks in PA area. Bought $17000 over five visits using four different CCs.

Several WMs and Giants were zero but after doing the rounds of several of these stores was able to load BB and get MOs.

Will continue this at a slower pace as the WMs are so hit or miss ! At several they want to see the " bank debit card with your name before starting to create a MO.

Hope someone has figured out how to improve my batting average.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by sechs
This being the only Simon mall in the area, I'm sure that they get hammered (thus the paperwork requirement). I figure becoming a known regular buyer would work better than just being someone who comes in and randomly buys a lot.
At the Simon Mall I go to, they treat known buyers well. I order early in the day and the manager has it ready for me to pick up when I come by. She actually prefers it this way. She puts the GCs in a bag along with a bottled water and mints.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 9:44 pm

Deleted

Last edited by Lucky888; Oct 17, 2015 at 11:15 pm
Old Aug 28, 2015, 12:52 am

Don't mean to be all cheesy and stuff, but....

I'm relatively new to the MS game, but 2 months in and I am forever in debt to this forum. I have learned a ton that I wouldn't have otherwise lurking around here. The SM guy already knows me now. They are never out of GCs when I arrive around 8pm regardless of the day of the week. I still haven't had to fill out a form (although since I'm new I still keep it small with a couple thousand per visit). Just down the road where I reload my Serve at Walmart, I already have a favorite checkout person who never gives me grief and always works evenings. That nice lady at WM always working evenings already recognizes me and always smiles when she sees me, and it's only a bonus that it's a neighborhood walmart (short lines or no lines at all) instead of one of those awful full size walmarts.

Thanks flyertalk!
Old Aug 28, 2015, 5:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ManImCool
Don't mean to be all cheesy and stuff, but....

I'm relatively new to the MS game, but 2 months in and I am forever in debt to this forum. I have learned a ton that I wouldn't have otherwise lurking around here. The SM guy already knows me now. They are never out of GCs when I arrive around 8pm regardless of the day of the week. I still haven't had to fill out a form (although since I'm new I still keep it small with a couple thousand per visit). Just down the road where I reload my Serve at Walmart, I already have a favorite checkout person who never gives me grief and always works evenings. That nice lady at WM always working evenings already recognizes me and always smiles when she sees me, and it's only a bonus that it's a neighborhood walmart (short lines or no lines at all) instead of one of those awful full size walmarts.

Thanks flyertalk!
Glad things are working well for you. Just a heads up and not to rain your parade but I would definitely milk your opportunities while you can. Stores/cashiers flip at an instance especially if they notice you coming in a lot. So just a heads up on that. I live in an MS-friendly area but my favorite WM has completely turned around. They require forms for anything over $3k and I even had a cashier demand to take my SSN when I was doing just $2.5k in MOs with multiple cards. Manager let me do it though w/o forms. So just a warning. Hopefully, you don't have issues and if you are doing small volumes, you may never hit that radar.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 3:13 pm

Went to my SM for the second time today, and the CSR recognized me from last week.
I bumped up my purchase from 1k to 3k today. That's enough to pay off my Ink+ min spend for bonus. In the process, I asked if they do a lot of GC sales. He said some guy was in not long before me and bought 9k.

Time to step it up.^
Old Aug 28, 2015, 3:43 pm
Suspended

Did 19k today.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 4:22 pm

Did 19k today.
I assume you're quite regular there and they know you're coming in?

I don't think there were enough cards left in their stack to do 19k here.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 4:41 pm

Unless I randomly stop by for a small 2-3k order, I normally email in first, then drop by to pick the cards up.
Old Aug 28, 2015, 5:04 pm
Suspended

They know I come in and have the order ready..
Old Aug 29, 2015, 9:47 am

They know I come in and have the order ready..
I'll talk to the CSR next week when I go and set up an arrangement like that. When I went yesterday, he was sort of low on card count. I'd hate to go all the way over there for 10k or more and have them only enough cards for 3.

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.