Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)

Old Oct 27, 2015, 3:46 pm

Originally Posted by dljuna
Hey guys,

Last time I went to my usual SM, the manager (who I never seen before) said I could not use my SPG Business card since this was a personal purchase. I need to have a corporate account in order to purchase the gcs with a business card. Anybody ever run into this?
Just another case of a rep sticking their nose in far too deep.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by mittenfingerz
Just another case of a rep sticking their nose in far too deep.
this was actually a manager who had to approve the transactions. says the policy is from corporate.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Does being approved to buy in bulk online accrue any additional benefits to buying in bulk at the mall and, thus, saving on some of the fees? I'm trying to read through the FAQ's for online ordering and the fees look to be incredibly steep to the point of it being stupid to buy in bulk online.
Old Oct 27, 2015, 9:17 pm

No problems with business cards here either, and successful WM unloads as well without any significant time issues either.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 7:58 am

this was actually a manager who had to approve the transactions. says the policy is from corporate.
That may be, but still I think the majority here have had no issues with using business cards. It may be the policy, but nobody is enforcing it, and if corporate really cared, they would have put a stop to it. To me, it really seems like a case of someone looking for ways to throw up roadblocks to stop you, instead of just processing your transaction.
Old Oct 28, 2015, 8:05 am

Programs: AA EXP; Marriott Lifetime / Annual Titanium; Massively Missing Starwood
Does being approved for bulk online orders benefit one in any way for making in-mall purchases of cards?
Old Oct 29, 2015, 11:13 am

Programs: Regal Crown Club
Problem is "policy from corporate" doesn't mean sh!t. If it were so then why do all locations have different limits regarding the ID form. Some require it as low as $1, others $500 or $2000... They all make up their own rules and hide behind the mysterious "corporate" so they don't have to explain anything to customers.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 1:27 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
My experience with several Simon Malls is that they're very MS friendly.

I was visiting Denver and bought some GCs there; the person working the desk was the manager. She gave me her card and said if there was anything she could do to help me, she'd be glad to do it, including preparing orders for pickup if I called in advance.
Old Oct 29, 2015, 3:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
My local SM are very friendly, they know that this is for CC points and they always ask me if I want a bottle or water (small one) or mints . The limit still 10k in total (fees included).
Old Oct 29, 2015, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by fedechat
My local SM are very friendly, they know that this is for CC points and they always ask me if I want a bottle or water (small one) or mints . The limit still 10k in total (fees included).
Arizona Mills ALWAYS offers me water, and is always happy to sell in quantity. I wish work sent me to PHX more often...
Old Oct 29, 2015, 8:08 pm

For a small amount of time, my local Simon Mall gave a coupon for two free macaroons to a local macaroon specialty shop in the mall with the purchase of $100 in gift cards. The caveat was that it was supposed to be per separate transaction. That obviously would've been horrible to do, so I just bought $9500, and the attendant gave me like 6 coupons. Still great.

Last edited by Phantom707; Oct 29, 2015 at 8:15 pm
Old Oct 30, 2015, 11:30 am

SM takes AP... Boom!!!
Old Oct 30, 2015, 12:21 pm

ap.....?
Old Oct 30, 2015, 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by Chelski
SM takes AP... Boom!!!
While it sounds great, I wouldn't go the route you are thinking. 99%+ of everything charged at Simon CSR desks is GCs and I would think the Orange Ball people know that....
Old Oct 30, 2015, 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by MileageGoblin
While it sounds great, I wouldn't go the route you are thinking. 99%+ of everything charged at Simon CSR desks is GCs and I would think the Orange Ball people know that....
My AP spending is done. That's just a waiting game. But there are other benefits of being able to use AP.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.