Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2015, 12:16 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by macrophage
I actually prefer to fill out the paperwork now that I am hearing of reports of locations unwilling to sell large denominations to "not regular customers."

I think this policy is weird and restrictive, but I'm all for it if it keeps competition in my area away!
I Agree and welcome the form as well
Old Jul 14, 2015, 1:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by craz
I understood that WM doesnt auto-drain. And that w /o the csr inputting anything the reg will try and take the full amount off the card that is swiped no matter what. Guess it works out if you only want 1 MO for $499.30 or less than that amount. If the MO is for $499.31 or greater it wont work w/o the csr inputting the amount before we input the pin on card #1.

So a MO for $500 you swipe your card its Declined since its trying to take $500.70 off then $500 card. If you want an MO for $600 the csr needs to input $500 for the 1st card, you swipe and input pin, then you can swipe the 2nd card w/o the csr doing anything since the reg will want only $100.70 and as long as the card has that amount or more on it it will work w/o anyone doing anything else, < $100.70 on it 'Declined'
You're basically reiterating what we stated so I'm going to assume that you quoting my last post wasn't actually in response to my posting. But rather in response to other parts of the conversation.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 3:27 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by cdancer20
You're basically reiterating what we stated so I'm going to assume that you quoting my last post wasn't actually in response to my posting. But rather in response to other parts of the conversation.
True, had I simply posted w/o a reference to something it gets lost, sorry should have said that
Old Jul 14, 2015, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MileageGoblin
Nope. I'm fully aware of how swipes work at WM, and I possibly have more experience in the matter. If you read what I posted, comprehension would tell you my response was in regards to my failed interpretation that you said you couldn't pay cash for the 68c fee on a $500 MO GC swipe.

Read for comprehension. There was no mention of a CC buying a MO. Its referring to buying a MO for $999.32 and depositing directly with CC company.
It is more your composition skills that has caused the misinterpretation because I am NOT the only one who interpret it the way I did based on what you have written.

See below.

Originally Posted by cdancer20
Actually, you obviously have the issue with comprehension because Happy and I BOTH pointed out your incorrect statement. This is the FIRST time that you've mentioned that you misunderstood her statement. Even after I pointed it out to you. Maybe it meant something else in your head but the way it reads does not match. But there's no reason to keep going back and forth about this.
Thank you cdancer20 for pointing this out!

The poster obviously has a peculiar way to express himself - it is not a coincident that BOTH you and I would interpret it the way we do.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by macrophage
I actually prefer to fill out the paperwork now that I am hearing of reports of locations unwilling to sell large denominations to "not regular customers."

I think this policy is weird and restrictive, but I'm all for it if it keeps competition in my area away!
Originally Posted by switchyj
it just seems scary
I can confirm from a Simon manager (at least for that specific mall in DFW) that they just file it away in the mall office. I wouldn't be so concerned about giving your information to Simon as there isn't anything too valuable to put on it (like a SSN).

Now on the other hand, if you are using SMGCs for WM MOs or BP and WM wants you to fill out a SAR report, I'd think twice about putting your real information and SSN on the form. All the WMs I frequent keep it in a binder in the customer service center in plain sight. Someone could literally just walk off with the binder. I am NOT comfortable with WM employees having that data. Especially considering the turnover and lack of pay they receive.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 9:13 am

Programs: Total Rewards Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, Marriott Gold, AA Gold
Originally Posted by MileageGoblin
Now on the other hand, if you are using SMGCs for WM MOs or BP and WM wants you to fill out a SAR report, I'd think twice about putting your real information and SSN on the form. All the WMs I frequent keep it in a binder in the customer service center in plain sight. Someone could literally just walk off with the binder. I am NOT comfortable with WM employees having that data. Especially considering the turnover and lack of pay they receive.
I feel like that is a huge liability on WM's part. If I ever use WM for my activities (which is unlikely due to rudeness here in Chicago) and they want me to fill out this form, I will be complaining to the store manager and corporate.

Last edited by pwd847; Jul 15, 2015 at 9:23 am
Old Jul 15, 2015, 1:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Exclamation

Folks,

A number of posts have been deleted so will pass along a quick reminder that FT and this forum is meant to be a friendly, helpful place to share information and anyone unable to be respectful and polite may lose their ability to participate altogether.

tcook052
MS Forum Moderator
Old Jul 15, 2015, 4:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by pwd847
I feel like that is a huge liability on WM's part. If I ever use WM for my activities (which is unlikely due to rudeness here in Chicago) and they want me to fill out this form, I will be complaining to the store manager and corporate.
You can complain to whoever you want, it would not change a thing. The store manager would just tell you to go elsewhere. If a store's policy requires a form to fill out, the best thing is to avoid using that store because as we all know, there is absolutely NO Security whatsoever at WalMart.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
You can complain to whoever you want, it would not change a thing. The store manager would just tell you to go elsewhere. If a store's policy requires a form to fill out, the best thing is to avoid using that store because as we all know, there is absolutely NO Security whatsoever at WalMart.
For the second time today....

Yup, oh well.

Actually no. I disagree. If I complain about my own personal information just laying out where anyone can grab it and take a look, I think there is a chance something will be done about it. Further more if I bring this to the attention of corporate, I don't see how they cannot address a security risk of that magnitude. Will it help me to M$? Most certainly not, but if I see this supposed binder just thrown in an unlocked drawer somewhere I will raise hell about it. That is a very unproffesional way to store peoples information.

Last edited by pwd847; Jul 15, 2015 at 4:46 pm
Old Jul 15, 2015, 5:05 pm
Suspended

For the second time today....

Yup, oh well.

Actually no. I disagree. If I complain about my own personal information just laying out where anyone can grab it and take a look, I think there is a chance something will be done about it. Further more if I bring this to the attention of corporate, I don't see how they cannot address a security risk of that magnitude. Will it help me to M$? Most certainly not, but if I see this supposed binder just thrown in an unlocked drawer somewhere I will raise hell about it. That is a very unproffesional way to store peoples information.
Unlike Simon which is what this thread is suppose to be about. If thats what you think go right ahead. But for yrs WM didnt have any checkers or employees manning the exits and folks literally simply filled up a cart and pushed it out w/o paying for anything. Now WM has changed since their losses have been adding up. So I wouldnt expect WM to do anything with any forms unless it was costing it a ton of money. Since that wont be the case and since it wont contain their own info, they just wont care

Now if Simon was having the same problem I would say yes mention it since Im sure they would want to know so as to prevent the possible theft of said info. Its simply 2 way different corporate cultures where Simon cares and WM wont till it costs it way too much money not to.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 12:54 pm

Do citi double cash or fidelity amex post as CA or purchase?
Old Jul 17, 2015, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by zackwz
Do citi double cash or fidelity amex post as CA or purchase?
Both post as purchase for me.
Old Jul 17, 2015, 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by tontod
Both post as purchase for me.
Thanks! Wonder what's a good miles card for this
Old Jul 17, 2015, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by zackwz
Thanks! Wonder what's a good miles card for this
That is entirely up to you. My advice would be to stay away from the Crap1 Venture.

Now go out and do some reading and make your decision!
Old Jul 17, 2015, 2:33 pm

That is entirely up to you. My advice would be to stay away from the Crap1 Venture.

Now go out and do some reading and make your decision!
Thanks! Too much info too little time. Decisions...decisions...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.