Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)

Old May 29, 2015, 2:01 pm

delete

Last edited by Noobietraveler; Jun 12, 2015 at 2:35 pm
Old May 30, 2015, 1:51 pm

Originally Posted by Zaphod42
Recently moved, and don't have a Simon Mall as close to me as I used to. Does anyone know if the mall in Chesterfield, MO sells the gift cards? I don't want to make the drive out there for no reason.
Went out there to do some shopping, and checked, and they do sell them. There's a customer service counter inside the small food court. Bought one for $500 + $3.95 load fee and successfully loaded it to my RB at the Target in Chesterfield a few minutes later.

I'm not seeing the value of Simon GCs though. The load fee is $1 cheaper than Vanilla VGCs at Walgreens, but I'd probably drive past half a dozen Walgreens to get from my house to the outlet mall. I suppose if you live close to the outlet mall, then yeah, you're saving some money if you buy enough. But given it's location in the middle of nowhere compared to the rest of Chesterfield, I doubt many people are close enough to make saving a buck per card worth it.

I think the only advantage is that since they're Metabank, they can be loaded to Bluebirds at Kates. But Targets in STL are MS-friendly, I've loaded with a V/MGC at several locations (Kirkwood, South County, Brentwood, Ballwin, Town and Country and Chesterfield are the ones so far I think) and never been questioned once, so I see no need for a BB+Kate yet. Maybe once the Target gravy train comes to an end.
Old May 30, 2015, 1:58 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by t325
I'm not seeing the value of Simon GCs though. The load fee is $1 cheaper than Vanilla VGCs at Walgreens, but I'd probably drive past half a dozen Walgreens to get from my house to the outlet mall.
I like them because I can buy almost $3000 at my mall without filling out forms and am not treated like a criminal. The preset PIN is useful too, although Vanilla is the same.
Old May 30, 2015, 3:33 pm

Programs: United MileagePlus, Hyatt Platinum
Does anyone know if the Simon Mall in lincolnwood, IL sells gift cards? And if so, where in the mall?

I went there today, but the mall office is only open M-F.
I didn't see customer service there.
Old May 30, 2015, 7:16 pm

Anyone have any experience buying GCs in Las Vegas at either Forum Shops or Premium Outlets? if so, can you share any issues, limits on buying, etc? Would like to not seem like a knucklehead when I go to buy there.. Thanks!
Old May 30, 2015, 7:29 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by Travel4Points
Does anyone know if the Simon Mall in lincolnwood, IL sells gift cards? And if so, where in the mall?

Phew ! Was going to drive out there tomorrow. You saved me a trip.
Ina Simon Mall in PA I saw GCs for sale at a " Mall Kiosk"...... please let me know when you find the GCs.
Old May 30, 2015, 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by flanmann
Anyone have any experience buying GCs in Las Vegas at either Forum Shops or Premium Outlets? if so, can you share any issues, limits on buying, etc? Would like to not seem like a knucklehead when I go to buy there.. Thanks!
Bought VGC's at the Caesar's Forum Shops in December. One day I got 5x$500 with no form and then the next day had to fill out a form for anything over $1000.
Old May 30, 2015, 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by AzLarry
Bought VGC's at the Caesar's Forum Shops in December. One day I got 5x$500 with no form and then the next day had to fill out a form for anything over $1000.
The form they have you fill out is its for some sort of compliance right? It's nothing to be worried about or related to doing something illegal? I've heard about this form but still not quite sure what it's for or why.
Old May 30, 2015, 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by flanmann
The form they have you fill out is its for some sort of compliance right? It's nothing to be worried about or related to doing something illegal? I've heard about this form but still not quite sure what it's for or why.
Right, just for identification purposes. Nothing illegal, just be prepared. Other SM's I've been to requires it at $3K+. Previous posters on this thread have said that SM corporate is happy to sell personal VGC's up to $10K every day with the form.
Old May 31, 2015, 1:45 am

Originally Posted by vagrants
lol, they can call police to remove you from their store...then the police get rough and somebody records the whole thing and next thing you know, you are all over the media over a friggin' M$.

I've seen some incidents where customers were asked to leave. If the customers do not cooperate, they are going to call police. Sadly, one of the incidents I saw was relating to M$ (most likely from what I heard, the guy was yelling)...and at a friggin' WM. And, a friggin police patrol car was parked in the front, right between grocery and home & garden entrances emphasizing that the cop(s) are not there to shop. When he heard the word police, he just left.
I guess then it's best to ignore the over-entitled jerks. I'm not sure if there's a way to calmly influence their behavior in a positive way. Such conversations can work face to face, but not out in public.
Old May 31, 2015, 6:51 am

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
Originally Posted by Travel4Points

No, they do not. They stopped a few years ago.
Old May 31, 2015, 4:50 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by smitty06
No, they do not. They stopped a few years ago.
I need to complete a min spend. pray tell where else can I buy them in Chicago. Area ?
Old May 31, 2015, 5:15 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by HMPS
I need to complete a min spend. pray tell where else can I buy them in Chicago. Area ?
http://www.simon.com/mall/woodfield-mall/travel-here from the map there seems to be several places in the burbs
Old Jun 1, 2015, 7:23 am

Programs: AA is all for now.
They made me fill out the form for anything over $1000. Not only did they make me fill out the form, but she needed me to wait for her manager to come over from somewhere to check 2 forms of ID. And another curiosity--- I accidentally picked up simon mall AGCs as opposed to VGCs and I only noticed because the girl informed me that maximum load Amex now allows is $225 per card? She said it started about 2 weeks ago, for fraud reasons. Anyone know why the load limit was dropped? Granted we probably wouldn't buy too many of the amex ones, but its still good info to have.
Old Jun 1, 2015, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by t325
I'm not seeing the value of Simon GCs though. The load fee is $1 cheaper than Vanilla VGCs at Walgreens....I think the only advantage is that since they're Metabank, they can be loaded to Bluebirds at Kates.....
You answered your own question. In addition to WM loading: being $1 cheaper, a bigger supply of cards, and ability to buy large quantities are also advantages when you buy 40 or sometimes 80 cards (when stopping at 2 malls) in one afternoon with spouse. WG rarely has more than 20 Vanillas in stock at my local stores, and I'll get laughed at for trying to buy more than a couple.

Originally Posted by Anomalychick
I accidentally picked up simon mall AGCs as opposed to VGCs and I only noticed because the girl informed me that maximum load Amex now allows is $225 per card? She said it started about 2 weeks ago, for fraud reasons. Anyone know why the load limit was dropped?
Ouch on that mistake. I'd hypothesize the fee structure is worse on AMEX for Simon which is why they dropped the max load (to balance out). Not fraud.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.