Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)

Old Aug 13, 14, 5:13 pm

Originally Posted by diasfestivos View Post
I'm not sure if this is useful at all, but the friendly attendant at my local Simon mall has been warning me this summer to expect changes in the Simon GC program starting in August. She says that management is aware of the high volume of sales and that they're working on changes, but she doesn't know exactly what that means. This attendant is definitely aware that folks are buying these for miles and is actually always really happy to do big sales, too. I haven't been by since July, though, so I'm not sure if she has any updates.
Was at a regular Simon Mall in DFW on Friday. Was still 2.95.
Old Aug 13, 14, 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by MileageGoblin View Post
Was at a regular Simon Mall in DFW on Friday. Was still 2.95.
Purchased two at Simon Mall in OH today; still at $2.95 each.
Old Aug 13, 14, 7:58 pm

Purchased 32 this week - still only $2.95
Old Aug 14, 14, 4:07 am

Programs: AA-Gold, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold
I bought some in early August and my usual Simon CSR asked if I would be buying more later in the month. She said the were re-branding the face of the card and may not have many towards the end of August. She never mentioned an increase in fees.
Old Aug 19, 14, 9:27 pm

Just got back from the mall. I was told that Simon Mall is pulling all VGCs and reworking them (a new program). It will take another 2 weeks before the new gc hit the shelf. Apparently they had a conference call this morning about the new product. Anyone have any insight? How is it going to impact Msers?
Old Aug 19, 14, 9:40 pm

Programs: None
Originally Posted by bigmouth2008 View Post
Just got back from the mall. I was told that Simon Mall is pulling all VGCs and reworking them (a new program). It will take another 2 weeks before the new gc hit the shelf. Apparently they had a conference call this morning about the new product. Anyone have any insight? How is it going to impact Msers?
This would not surprise me.

They stopped taking corporate orders (for LLCs) almost a month ago in my neck of the woods. USB still available, but paperwork for anything meaningful (3k+). Also had the site manager snoop on my linkedin, then know what we're doing... I expect the new product will not be MSable.
Old Aug 19, 14, 10:22 pm

Why can you still order VGCs online then?
Old Aug 19, 14, 11:06 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Wait, your simon mall had Vanilla cards? Or VGC is some other card? the only option in my mall is US Bank Visa and Amex cards. Nothing from Bankcorp.
Old Aug 19, 14, 11:09 pm

Simon VGC just means Visa Gift Card

Where are you located?
Old Aug 19, 14, 11:31 pm

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by compddd View Post
Simon VGC just means Visa Gift Card
Thanks. I thought I was missing something
Bought some Simon VGC's today, so this must be regional.
Old Aug 20, 14, 1:09 am

Programs: AA, Marriott
Originally Posted by ThePointsCollector View Post
Thanks. I thought I was missing something
Bought some Simon VGC's today, so this must be regional.
Things were still alive in the Philadelphia area as of Monday.
Old Aug 20, 14, 1:11 am

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/sim...ard-2014-08-18

Simon And Blackhawk Network Expand Relationship With Enhanced Visa Simon Giftcard®

Published: Aug 18, 2014 12:00 p.m. ET

The Visa Simon Giftcard Program Managed by Blackhawk Network Will Be Offered at Simon Centers and At Participating Third-Party Locations in Blackhawk's Network

INDIANAPOLIS, Aug. 18, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Simon®, a global leader in retail real estate, announced today it will team up with prepaid and payments provider Blackhawk Network to offer an enhanced Visa Simon Giftcard® at select Simon malls, Premium Outlets® and Mills, and online at simongiftcard.com. For the first time, the Simon Giftcard will also be made available outside Simon centers through Blackhawk's participating network of grocery stores and other third-party locations.

Loyal Simon shoppers will enjoy features including no fees after purchase, no penalties or fees to replace if the card is lost or stolen and the comfort that the funds on the card will never expire.

New Simon Giftcard designs will be introduced reflecting Simon's consumer-facing brand, which re-launched this spring. The look is designed to reinforce Simon's positioning as the pre-eminent shopping center destination with a modern, stylish approach based on the core brand themes of fashion, discovery and community. The new Visa Simon Giftcard is scheduled to debut at select Simon locations in September.

"Customers will appreciate these new enhanced features of the Visa Simon Giftcard," said Lindsey Schaefer, Vice President of Gift Cards and Business Insights for Simon. "Blackhawk's product gives us access to more consumer demanded features and the new deal will allow consumers to have the added convenience of buying our newly branded Simon Giftcard at participating Blackhawk distribution locations nationwide."

"Gift cards resonate with consumers," said David Tate, Senior Vice President, Products and Marketing, for Blackhawk Network. "Simon's consumers already have the ability to buy Simon Giftcards at Simon U.S. shopping locations, and this new relationship provides that those customers soon will have the opportunity to buy Simon Giftcards at non-mall locations through participating retailers in Blackhawk's distribution network, including online which will make it more convenient than ever for the customer."
My local mall is now sold out of the Simon Visa GCs and says it won't be restocking the current ones. The new designs should be on sale September 1. I was told pricing would be the same--and that you could order online and get them personalized.
Old Aug 20, 14, 2:39 am

Programs: Anywhere I can ski...
Originally Posted by Lobachevsky View Post
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/sim...ard-2014-08-18

My local mall is now sold out of the Simon Visa GCs and says it won't be restocking the current ones. The new designs should be on sale September 1. I was told pricing would be the same--and that you could order online and get them personalized.
I received similar information at my local SM.

Last edited by MasterCharge; Aug 20, 14 at 12:38 pm
Old Aug 20, 14, 7:43 am

Programs: AA, Marriott
Originally Posted by MasterCharge View Post
I received similar information at my local SM, but the Guest Manager said the new ones will have the capability to load 1K per each card.
$1k, personalized, and still a $2.95 purchasing fee? Even at 1x, expect these to become the go to card for everyone. I just hope it lasts.
Old Aug 20, 14, 9:40 am

Programs: None
Originally Posted by Majuki View Post
$1k, personalized, and still a $2.95 purchasing fee? Even at 1x, expect these to become the go to card for everyone. I just hope it lasts.
Prediction - they only work at Simon Mall stores (and their affiliates...)

Search this Thread
Search Engine: