Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)

Old Mar 27, 2015, 8:59 am

Can we use American Express Gift Cards to pay for Simon Malls GC ?

I couldn't find relevant information on WIKI nor google search yields any latest reports or data points.

Please advice.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 9:37 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by dshah9380
Can we use American Express Gift Cards to pay for Simon Malls GC ?

I couldn't find relevant information on WIKI nor google search yields any latest reports or data points.

Please advice.
Unless you live very far from a SM, whats so hard about driving over handing them the CC youd like to use and if denied then handing them another CC. Which is no different then when buying anything using any CC

I will admitt to having driven out of my way to seek out a new SM and in the end being told its a $1k max or I can wait for the supervisor to come (whos off property) and I can buy $3k max when they are there. Also ran into that at a SM where I previously purchased way in excess of the so called quoted limits. I think it has to do with how long that person has been working there and how comfortable they are with the amount you are requesting

Of casue the best thing is to 1st go to the SM site and check to see if the mall you will go to even has the logo that they in fact carry GCs, not all SMs have them
Old Mar 27, 2015, 12:18 pm

What I meant was if I can use AGC to buy Simon Mall GC then I can use portal to get AGC and use the cashback
Old Mar 27, 2015, 12:26 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
What I meant was if I can use AGC to buy Simon Mall GC then I can use portal to get AGC and use the cashback
Give it a shot and report back. Thanks
Old Mar 27, 2015, 2:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K & 1MM, HH Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold (UA comp)
I tried with a non personalized AGC from a recent RA special. They physically took my card while I filled out their back office form and told me that since it says debit on it, personalized or not, it's a no go. But do try it with a personalized one, no risk to give it a go.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 2:36 pm
Suspended

My bad, dont know how I missed that it is clear as day. I havent played with the AGCs, but I can tell you that with SM you hand over your card and they swipe it on their computer. I cant ever remember where they took it and didnt closely match it to my DL.

I just dont see them accepting a handful of AGCs, if you can get an AGC thats value is say $1000s then maybe. I also dont see them letting you buy 1 GC at a time over and over for $496.05 each ($3.95 fee per SMGC) That AGC better not have Gift anywhere on it and beable to pass as if its a CC

I also hardly doubt they will accept any card that doesnt have your name embossed on it.

You probably need to stick to those places that let you swipe the card you want to use for payment. Had that at a WMMC where she wanted me to hand over my card, which I did and then she handed it back and told me to swipe it on the pad below, and I swiped my card (only not the 1 I handed over), other stores the employee will swipe it and then tell me to input my Pin on the pad, of cause every time that occurs seems I input the wrong pin and need to call up the cards comp to reset it . This wont work at any SM Ive been to since they want 1 swipe and they do all the swiping.
Old Mar 27, 2015, 2:51 pm

NO. The SM cashiers are trained to not even accept personalized AGCS with your name embossed on them. Maybe in the past you could when you swipe it yourself but now you have to hand over the CC to the cashier and they will easily spot that it is an AGC and deny you.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 6:57 am

Programs: AA Platinum Jet Blue Mosaic
Are the $1,000 cards history for Corporate accounts?

Did something happen in past few days in this regard?
Old Mar 28, 2015, 1:56 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by chipcollector
Are the $1,000 cards history for Corporate accounts?

Did something happen in past few days in this regard?
Not history. I was able to purchase today.
Old Mar 28, 2015, 9:59 pm

Programs: American Airlaines, Delta SkyMiles, United, BA, HH, Marriott, SPG, Priority Club
Originally Posted by ericdabbs
NO. The SM cashiers are trained to not even accept personalized AGCS with your name embossed on them. Maybe in the past you could when you swipe it yourself but now you have to hand over the CC to the cashier and they will easily spot that it is an AGC and deny you.
According to my local SM manager the SM policy is to not accept any card with the word gift printed on it. The manager told me if I could find an Amex go that didn't have the word gift on it that they would accept it
Old Apr 1, 2015, 11:18 am

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
I have it on very good authority that Simon policy is absolutely, categorically no purchase of gift cards with any other gift cards.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 11:20 am

Programs: Who knows anymore. It's a f---ing pandemic.
It was recently possible to purchase SCGC with AGC, online. But there's a new $10 processing fee that, along with shipping, ate up the profit on the AGC.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 11:50 am

Originally Posted by redtop43
I have it on very good authority that Simon policy is absolutely, categorically no purchase of gift cards with any other gift cards.
Then why don't you say what your authority is? I have no problem saying that a Simon Mall Manager in DFW has verified the policy that all 8 CSRs I have encountered on weekends won't slide.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 12:20 pm

Programs: AA Exp, but not sure for how long. Enterprise Platinum woo-hoo!
Originally Posted by MileageGoblin
Then why don't you say what your authority is? I have no problem saying that a Simon Mall Manager in DFW has verified the policy that all 8 CSRs I have encountered on weekends won't slide.
I have a contact in Simon corporate management. Out of courtesy to him/her, I don't post the name.

If you prefer not to believe me, then don't. I don't post here to make myself self-important. I do it to share information.
Old Apr 1, 2015, 8:42 pm

Programs: American Airlaines, Delta SkyMiles, United, BA, HH, Marriott, SPG, Priority Club
Originally Posted by redtop43
I have a contact in Simon corporate management. Out of courtesy to him/her, I don't post the name.

If you prefer not to believe me, then don't. I don't post here to make myself self-important. I do it to share information.
Manager here has told me the same thing except that how they choose to enforce it is by instructing the CSR's to simply look for the word gift.. If it is on the card then you cannot use it. Wish Amex issued a gift card w/out that wording. YMMV

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.