Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)

Old Mar 20, 2015, 9:13 pm

I notice that for the Corporate Gift Card Customer option they require you fill out a field for the intended use of the cards. Any advice on what to put there? I'm assuming "to earn inexpensive rewards points" wouldn't do. Also, does registering for this even make a difference if I plan to buy the cards in person?
Old Mar 20, 2015, 9:18 pm

Originally Posted by nivekious
I notice that for the Corporate Gift Card Customer option they require you fill out a field for the intended use of the cards. Any advice on what to put there?
Personal.
Old Mar 20, 2015, 9:25 pm

Originally Posted by Rooks
Personal.
Thanks, I'll give it a shot.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 8:36 am

I have no problem purchasing with my Prestige.
Originally Posted by mbfanos
So this means Citi DoubleCash and Prestige are not acceptable? OMG. This rule is kinda ridiculous.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 9:45 am

Programs: American Airlaines, Delta SkyMiles, United, BA, HH, Marriott, SPG, Priority Club
Originally Posted by nivekious
Thanks, I'll give it a shot.
If I understand you right, it sounds like you are applying for a corporate/volume account w/ Simon.
If that is the case, I would not put personal as your intended use if you are applying for a corporate account with Simon. You will be pretty much guaranteed to have your account denied.

You will likely get denied anyway but I would put something that sounds like a legitimate business use.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by davef139
What Simon Mall is around Madison? I have only gotten when trekked to woodfield on my way to ORD.
Johnson Creek is a Simon mall. It's "around" Madison, but it's not close.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by Jeremyh11
If I understand you right, it sounds like you are applying for a corporate/volume account w/ Simon.
If that is the case, I would not put personal as your intended use if you are applying for a corporate account with Simon. You will be pretty much guaranteed to have your account denied.

You will likely get denied anyway but I would put something that sounds like a legitimate business use.
Eh, I figure it's worth a shot and no harm done if it doesn't work. Outright lying on anything MS related makes me nervous and considering my only business is an ebay account there's not much I could give them in terms of legitimate reasons.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 8:58 pm

I went a Simon on socal today. First thing they said was,"make sure your doesn't get declined...happening a lot today. I don't want to void all the gcs" when I go I always have back up cc to use just in case I get a decline on one of my cards.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 11:51 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by sosamo
I went a Simon on socal today. First thing they said was,"make sure your doesn't get declined...happening a lot today. I don't want to void all the gcs" when I go I always have back up cc to use just in case I get a decline on one of my cards.
best is to simply call that CC before walking in and let them know you will be making a large purchase. For those that dont know once a CC is denied to SM they wont rerun it even if you call your CC up and clear everything
Old Mar 22, 2015, 12:06 am

Originally Posted by craz
best is to simply call that CC before walking in and let them know you will be making a large purchase. For those that dont know once a CC is denied to SM they wont rerun it even if you call your CC up and clear everything
Sadly I learned it the hard way. The first time I went to buy Simon GCs, I was a noob and when my card got declined, I called the CC company to clear it up and then when I went back the Simon rep told me that they could not re-run the same CC to purchase the GCs due to corporate policy.

Now I simply just call the CC before I make the purchase just to make sure I don't waste my trip.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had a card denied because the amount plus previous purchases put it $9.88 over the CL. They let me use it again for $1000 less, so I guess it depends on the friendliness of the staff. The manager was right there -- she didn't say a thing.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 9:17 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by ericdabbs
when my card got declined, I called the CC company to clear it up and then when I went back the Simon rep told me that they could not re-run the same CC to purchase the GCs due to corporate policy.
I had the same problem once getting a Chase fraud alert text message when purchasing at an out of town mall. I even showed the text message and that I had confirmed it. I convinced them to retry for a different amount after paying $5 in cash and of course it went through.

Definitely a good suggestion to have a backup card just in case. I did have backup cards but wanted to use that specific card.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 10:38 am

Programs: AA, AS, Marriott
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
I had a card denied because the amount plus previous purchases put it $9.88 over the CL. They let me use it again for $1000 less, so I guess it depends on the friendliness of the staff. The manager was right there -- she didn't say a thing.
I've never had a card denied at SM, but this is good to know the policy just in case. However, even putting a spending notification on the card won't prevent a FA in some cases, so I don't know what I can possibly do if they won't allow the purchase.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by AzLarry
I had the same problem once getting a Chase fraud alert text message when purchasing at an out of town mall. I even showed the text message and that I had confirmed it. I convinced them to retry for a different amount after paying $5 in cash and of course it went through.

Definitely a good suggestion to have a backup card just in case. I did have backup cards but wanted to use that specific card.
I do have backup cards that I could use just in case. Its just that I much prefer to use that specific card because it gives better benefits. Id rather take the extra 5-10 mins to call ahead and let them know of my big purchase so I can ensure I use that specific card. I have done a couple big purchases like that at a simon mall so I am hoping eventually the machine is trained enough to recognize it so I don't have to call.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by craz
For those that dont know once a CC is denied to SM they wont rerun it even if you call your CC up and clear everything
That's not true of all Simons. I've had it happen twice in DFW via text alerts when I used a chase card and my wife used an AU version of same card thereafter. Both were allowed to process.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.