Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)

Old Dec 17, 14, 11:06 am
  #826  
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 1,087
Your friend has that many BB/Serve accounts to unload to each month?

80/5=16 cards and a super duper friendly wmt.
He is earning at most a 1.5%? after costs since there are no 5% cash back cards for mall purchases.


Originally Posted by BADELAYS View Post
I meant that despite high volume at Simon malls and filling forms Meta has not banned many people. I don't do more than 15k at a Simon mall every month, but my friend has been doing $60- $80k each month (10k each trip with form) and he has not been banned by Meta (yet). Agreed Meta is a newer provider for Simon, but they clearly know where and how majority of the Simon GC's are going.

They sure have different practices at different places. They still keep selling these gift cards despite majority of the high volume may be going towards MS with not much swipe fees and maybe not even much float given the quick liquidation.
kaiotes is offline  
Old Dec 17, 14, 1:08 pm
  #827  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Programs: None
Posts: 135
Originally Posted by kaiotes View Post
Your friend has that many BB/Serve accounts to unload to each month?

80/5=16 cards and a super duper friendly wmt.
He is earning at most a 1.5%? after costs since there are no 5% cash back cards for mall purchases.
He uses Barclays Arrival, Amex SPG and any min spend cards.
Has 3 BB's - uses exclusively to Bill Pay SPG.
Other cards go straight to WM BP his arrival and non-Amex min-spend cards. (2.2% gross). Any left over cards go to Money orders (less than 10k) spread across different banks not even enough in each back to trigger anything.

Of-course things have changed since WM BP is become non-existent in the region for MC/Visa payments.

With Arrival we consider any travel spend (not do-able with miles) as discounted travel at 40 cents on a dollar. (used to be 30 cents on a dollar when fee was 2.95). So imagine cruises at 60% off whatever best rate. Not a bad deal.
BADELAYS is offline  
Old Dec 17, 14, 1:09 pm
  #828  
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Programs: None
Posts: 135
Duplicate

Last edited by BADELAYS; Dec 17, 14 at 11:30 pm Reason: duplicate
BADELAYS is offline  
Old Dec 17, 14, 1:21 pm
  #829  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,207
Originally Posted by kaiotes View Post
Your friend has that many BB/Serve accounts to unload to each month?

80/5=16 cards and a super duper friendly wmt.
He is earning at most a 1.5%? after costs since there are no 5% cash back cards for mall purchases.
What, suddenly bb and serve are the only ways to liquidate?
hamokmonky is offline  
Old Dec 17, 14, 1:33 pm
  #830  
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 348
Wish my Simon mall had the Visa card variant.

I have 6 BB... would like to get more but the kate kiosk is always down, and loading in MC is a PITA as it's in the ghetto and you're constantly waiting for people to cash their 'disability' checks and paying ridiculous fees to load prepaid cards with cash.
aGeist is offline  
Old Dec 18, 14, 11:00 am
  #831  
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Programs: AA EXP, HYATT Globalist, Marriott GLD, Car National Exe
Posts: 92
I bought 4 Simon Mall gc yesterday, after I called and setup the pin; I went to Kate to load them to BB. I only successful loaded 2 out of 4. The two failed loads after multiple tries gave shown a same message "card not accepted".... has anyone encountered this before? Thanks!
quanh79 is offline  
Old Dec 18, 14, 6:09 pm
  #832  
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Programs: Hyatt Explorist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Amex Plat
Posts: 3,640
Originally Posted by quanh79 View Post
I bought 4 Simon Mall gc yesterday, after I called and setup the pin; I went to Kate to load them to BB. I only successful loaded 2 out of 4. The two failed loads after multiple tries gave shown a same message "card not accepted".... has anyone encountered this before? Thanks!
When my Kate has gone over the 2k in 10 minutes, even my debit gets declined. Do you think that could've been it?
Stgermainparis is offline  
Old Dec 18, 14, 9:16 pm
  #833  
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 6
Originally Posted by quanh79 View Post
I bought 4 Simon Mall gc yesterday, after I called and setup the pin; I went to Kate to load them to BB. I only successful loaded 2 out of 4. The two failed loads after multiple tries gave shown a same message "card not accepted".... has anyone encountered this before? Thanks!
Why did you set up a PIN? The last four on the card is the default PIN
imSWO is offline  
Old Dec 19, 14, 5:50 pm
  #834  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 208
I was just at the Simon outlet. They are giving a free $25 off Tommy Hilfiger outlet voucher for every Simon Amex card (minimum load $50) . I got my usual Simon visa cards but threw in a couple of $50 Amex gc to get a couple Tommy Hilfiger $25 vouchers.
Fly1Away1 is offline  
Old Dec 19, 14, 6:18 pm
  #835  
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: CA
Posts: 1,087
which SO is this?
I called mine and they said no such thing.

Originally Posted by Fly1Away1 View Post
I was just at the Simon outlet. They are giving a free $25 off Tommy Hilfiger outlet voucher for every Simon Amex card (minimum load $50) . I got my usual Simon visa cards but threw in a couple of $50 Amex gc to get a couple Tommy Hilfiger $25 vouchers.
kaiotes is offline  
Old Dec 20, 14, 10:21 am
  #836  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 208
clinton crossing in ct
Fly1Away1 is offline  
Old Dec 21, 14, 6:11 pm
  #837  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 58
Originally Posted by Fly1Away1 View Post
clinton crossing in ct
I wish I read this earlier as I just drove by there today. How long is this good for?
Tracker09 is offline  
Old Dec 22, 14, 11:30 am
  #838  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 208
Originally Posted by Tracker09 View Post
I wish I read this earlier as I just drove by there today. How long is this good for?
The sign said while supplies last or 12/24.
Fly1Away1 is offline  
Old Dec 23, 14, 11:50 am
  #839  
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 5
I am trying to load simon mall gc at family dollar, but repetedly getting "Visa tender not allowed" error message, i have even asked them to run as debit but it didn't help. Can someone please help!!! I am stuck
ramesh4sr is offline  
Old Dec 23, 14, 12:31 pm
  #840  
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Programs: AA EXP, HYATT Globalist, Marriott GLD, Car National Exe
Posts: 92
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis View Post
When my Kate has gone over the 2k in 10 minutes, even my debit gets declined. Do you think that could've been it?
I don't think that was the case, caused when one of the two Cards, got rejected; I was able to use another Card and it worked.

Happy Holidays..

Originally Posted by imSWO View Post
Why did you set up a PIN? The last four on the card is the default PIN
Thank you very much for tips, I didn't realize it before. I just read the Q&A again... Happy Holidays
quanh79 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: