FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Simon mall gift card(2014-2015) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1578495-simon-mall-gift-card-2014-2015-a.html)

kaiotes Dec 17, 2014 11:06 am

Your friend has that many BB/Serve accounts to unload to each month?

80/5=16 cards and a super duper friendly wmt.
He is earning at most a 1.5%? after costs since there are no 5% cash back cards for mall purchases.

Originally Posted by BADELAYS (Post 23973429)
I meant that despite high volume at Simon malls and filling forms Meta has not banned many people. I don't do more than 15k at a Simon mall every month, but my friend has been doing $60- $80k each month (10k each trip with form) and he has not been banned by Meta (yet). Agreed Meta is a newer provider for Simon, but they clearly know where and how majority of the Simon GC's are going.

They sure have different practices at different places. They still keep selling these gift cards despite majority of the high volume may be going towards MS with not much swipe fees and maybe not even much float given the quick liquidation.

BADELAYS Dec 17, 2014 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by kaiotes (Post 24012524)

He is earning at most a 1.5%? after costs since there are no 5% cash back cards for mall purchases.

He uses Barclays Arrival, Amex SPG and any min spend cards.
Has 3 BB's - uses exclusively to Bill Pay SPG.
Other cards go straight to WM BP his arrival and non-Amex min-spend cards. (2.2% gross). Any left over cards go to Money orders (less than 10k) spread across different banks not even enough in each back to trigger anything.

Of-course things have changed since WM BP is become non-existent in the region for MC/Visa payments.

With Arrival we consider any travel spend (not do-able with miles) as discounted travel at 40 cents on a dollar. (used to be 30 cents on a dollar when fee was 2.95). So imagine cruises at 60% off whatever best rate. Not a bad deal.

BADELAYS Dec 17, 2014 1:09 pm

Duplicate

hamokmonky Dec 17, 2014 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by kaiotes (Post 24012524)

What, suddenly bb and serve are the only ways to liquidate? :rolleyes:

aGeist Dec 17, 2014 1:33 pm

Wish my Simon mall had the Visa card variant.

I have 6 BB... would like to get more but the kate kiosk is always down, and loading in MC is a PITA as it's in the ghetto and you're constantly waiting for people to cash their 'disability' checks and paying ridiculous fees to load prepaid cards with cash.

quanh79 Dec 18, 2014 11:00 am

I bought 4 Simon Mall gc yesterday, after I called and setup the pin; I went to Kate to load them to BB. I only successful loaded 2 out of 4. The two failed loads after multiple tries gave shown a same message "card not accepted".... has anyone encountered this before? Thanks!

Stgermainparis Dec 18, 2014 6:09 pm

Originally Posted by quanh79 (Post 24018455)
I bought 4 Simon Mall gc yesterday, after I called and setup the pin; I went to Kate to load them to BB. I only successful loaded 2 out of 4. The two failed loads after multiple tries gave shown a same message "card not accepted".... has anyone encountered this before? Thanks!

When my Kate has gone over the 2k in 10 minutes, even my debit gets declined. Do you think that could've been it?

imSWO Dec 18, 2014 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by quanh79 (Post 24018455)

Why did you set up a PIN? The last four on the card is the default PIN

Fly1Away1 Dec 19, 2014 5:50 pm

I was just at the Simon outlet. They are giving a free $25 off Tommy Hilfiger outlet voucher for every Simon Amex card (minimum load $50) . I got my usual Simon visa cards but threw in a couple of $50 Amex gc to get a couple Tommy Hilfiger $25 vouchers.

kaiotes Dec 19, 2014 6:18 pm

which SO is this?
I called mine and they said no such thing.

Originally Posted by Fly1Away1 (Post 24026114)
I was just at the Simon outlet. They are giving a free $25 off Tommy Hilfiger outlet voucher for every Simon Amex card (minimum load $50) . I got my usual Simon visa cards but threw in a couple of $50 Amex gc to get a couple Tommy Hilfiger $25 vouchers.

Fly1Away1 Dec 20, 2014 10:21 am

clinton crossing in ct

Tracker09 Dec 21, 2014 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by Fly1Away1 (Post 24028578)
clinton crossing in ct

I wish I read this earlier as I just drove by there today. How long is this good for?

Fly1Away1 Dec 22, 2014 11:30 am

Originally Posted by Tracker09 (Post 24034236)
I wish I read this earlier as I just drove by there today. How long is this good for?

The sign said while supplies last or 12/24.

ramesh4sr Dec 23, 2014 11:50 am

I am trying to load simon mall gc at family dollar, but repetedly getting "Visa tender not allowed" error message, i have even asked them to run as debit but it didn't help. Can someone please help!!! I am stuck :(

quanh79 Dec 23, 2014 12:31 pm

Originally Posted by Stgermainparis (Post 24020786)
When my Kate has gone over the 2k in 10 minutes, even my debit gets declined. Do you think that could've been it?

I don't think that was the case, caused when one of the two Cards, got rejected; I was able to use another Card and it worked.

Happy Holidays..

Originally Posted by imSWO (Post 24021490)
Why did you set up a PIN? The last four on the card is the default PIN

Thank you very much for tips, I didn't realize it before. I just read the Q&A again... Happy Holidays