Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2014, 8:37 pm

Just curious as of lately if the Amex GC thing for buying Simon GCs still working or is allowed? Just curious if personalized AGCs would make any difference. You can PM me with response.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 6:10 am

New gc are issued by metabank. Do we need to call to set the pin or can be used like meta bank gc available in grocery store?
Old Dec 5, 2014, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by tech2011
New gc are issued by metabank. Do we need to call to set the pin or can be used like meta bank gc available in grocery store?
you do not need to call unless you want to
Old Dec 5, 2014, 6:39 am

Originally Posted by hamokmonky
you do not need to call unless you want to
Thanks for the details.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 7:57 am

best practices: always set a pin if you are not using the cards immediately
Old Dec 5, 2014, 8:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by retired7328
best practices: always set a pin if you are not using the cards immediately
I don't worry about Simons -- they don't hang on a rack for months.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 2:38 pm

What a mess. I bought $4k the other day and only found out back home that the cashier sold me Amex GCs vs. Visa ones. What can I do? Anyone has any idea about changing these?
Old Dec 5, 2014, 2:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Deallover
What a mess. I bought $4k the other day and only found out back home that the cashier sold me Amex GCs vs. Visa ones. What can I do? Anyone has any idea about changing these?
You did not know when csr swiped the card to activate them?!

Nor you did not check the card numbers on your receipt?!

I cannot believe people would not verify the gift card numbers on the receipt before they walk away.

You may not have recourse because those sales are final.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA 1p HH gold
Originally Posted by Deallover
It happened to me once. I took the amex cards back and asked the girl if there was anything she could do. With her manager's approval, she used the amex GC I bought earlier in the day to purchase a set of Visa GC and waived all processing for me. Very nice service indeed.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by jwudbwei
It happened to me once. I took the amex cards back and asked the girl if there was anything she could do. With her manager's approval, she used the amex GC I bought earlier in the day to purchase a set of Visa GC and waived all processing for me. Very nice service indeed.
Thanks for the heads up. I will check back tomorrow.

The cashier put the cards in the visa envelopes and I just assumed that they must be... Lesson learned. Will double check next time.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 9:31 pm

One more datapoint on how everything varies by the specific mall. I once was at Arundel Mills in MD and purchased two $500 cards with a real credit card (not an Amex GC) -- had to fill out the form, plus the woman had to call some manager type guy to approve the sale. And it took that manager type guy about 10 mins to arrive. Both employees scrutinized my form, as well as the credit card and my drivers license, very carefully.
Old Dec 5, 2014, 9:38 pm

Anyone know what the best rate to purchase to prevent getting blacklisted etc? (Tysons, VA if anyone has experience there)
Old Dec 5, 2014, 10:02 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Fill out the form, and walk out with the cards....

Give them their moment of fame...

All you want is the cards, next time will be easy...
Old Dec 5, 2014, 10:27 pm

Data point, one txn per day. No split payments. max <3k with no paper work. max 10k with paper work.
Old Dec 6, 2014, 12:36 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, BAEC Silver, Hyatt-Globalist, Hilton-gold, SPG-gold
Originally Posted by mastermind85
Anyone know what the best rate to purchase to prevent getting blacklisted etc? (Tysons, VA if anyone has experience there)
I havent heard reports of anyone getting blacklisted for personal cards. Some business accounts have been shut down.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.