Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 23, 2014, 7:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I bought another batch today and the cashier confirmed the price increase. She wouldn't let me buy another batch, either. I decided that from now on I'll only get Simon cards when I'm heading to Milwaukee. It's on the way, so I won't have to factor in the driving.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 9:24 pm

Programs: free agent
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
I bought another batch today and the cashier confirmed the price increase. She wouldn't let me buy another batch, either. I decided that from now on I'll only get Simon cards when I'm heading to Milwaukee. It's on the way, so I won't have to factor in the driving.
she confirm 3.95 and 2k per day limit?
Old Nov 23, 2014, 9:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Putt86
she confirm 3.95 and 2k per day limit?
She didn't say anything about a lower limit, but I didn't ask, either. She said $1 increase. I'll find out the next time I head to Milwaukee, which will probably be next weekend.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 5:31 am

She didn't say anything about a lower limit, but I didn't ask, either. She said $1 increase. I'll find out the next time I head to Milwaukee, which will probably be next weekend.
Even with the price increase, it's still convenient for me because I can do $10k/day. I also have a SM 5 minutes from me and three SM's within a 15 minute drive.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 5:49 am

I wished the price doubled to get rid of all the newbees that screw up every deal... Tired of people not reading and then whine about how they cant split money orders and want to pay the fee in cash... red flags everywhere..

Still buy 10 x 1K cards everymonth without issue on my corp acct - Ill see if that works next week.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by kingrat
I wished the price doubled to get rid of all the newbees that screw up every deal... Tired of people not reading and then whine about how they cant split money orders and want to pay the fee in cash... red flags everywhere..

I would pay triple to get my min spend finished
Old Nov 24, 2014, 6:26 am

Still buy 10 x 1K cards everymonth without issue on my corp acct - Ill see if that works next week.
..and buying 10 grand at a crack every month with same company (Simon Mall) is not causing attention.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 6:31 am

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
The little guy who is trying to pay for the MO with cash is at a grocery store not SM.

The guy who is trying to buy 10 x 1 k is only kidding himself.

SM and the IRS has his number.,

No one is doing anything wrong, except calling attention to them self, which they may have to pay cash later to defend, an IRS Tax Audit, should they own a business.

IRS always looks a your deposits as income, and questions all expenses...while the CPA sets there at $300.00 an hour in the real world, plus prep time.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 6:32 am

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Originally Posted by sandie511
..and buying 10 grand at a crack every month with same company (Simon Mall) is not causing attention.

BS walks, and REAL MONEY talks.

GC are in $500.00, not $1000.00 VISA, next thing
I will be reading someone is flushing AMEX SMGC.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by satman40

Business GC are at 1K - read up
Old Nov 24, 2014, 8:44 am

The little guy who is trying to pay for the MO with cash is at a grocery store not SM.

The guy who is trying to buy 10 x 1 k is only kidding himself.

SM and the IRS has his number.,

No one is doing anything wrong, except calling attention to them self, which they may have to pay cash later to defend, an IRS Tax Audit, should they own a business.

IRS always looks a your deposits as income, and questions all expenses...while the CPA sets there at $300.00 an hour in the real world, plus prep time.
yes they do have my number and my REAL business credentials and my business info - been buying them there for a long time with no issues - used by multiple contractors regarding construction and not to load Bluebird or serve hence the reason my account is not locked! So do some research before you comment.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 8:49 am

Next time read before you speak

https://www.simon.com/volume/about_simon_giftcards.aspx

From Simon Malls - 1K cards are only for business accounts not personal.

How much does it cost? The total cost is the amount you choose to give — from $10 to $1000 per card, plus purchase, processing and shipping charges. Fees vary based on the quantity purchased, shipping method selected and the state / zip code you are shipping to
Old Nov 24, 2014, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hm, paranoid people on this thread, too.

I was able to get rid of $9K in one shot this morning. The Money Center was closed, but when I went to the Service Center they sent me with Donna back to the MC, and we did all $9K ( had gotten rid of one card last night with some Sunrise cards).
Old Nov 24, 2014, 11:57 am

Programs: Regal Crown Club
And constantly posing with that in a public forum obviosuly has no impact at all. If I were a SM manager, I'd double the price too. Hey look, there's so many folks out there who just buy tens of thousands worth of our stuff because it's the cheapest way for generating them free money - we want a piece of that pie, too, let's tack on another dollar or two!
Old Nov 24, 2014, 1:41 pm

Programs: Anywhere I can ski...
Hm, paranoid people on this thread, too.

I was able to get rid of $9K in one shot this morning. The Money Center was closed, but when I went to the Service Center they sent me with Donna back to the MC, and we did all $9K ( had gotten rid of one card last night with some Sunrise cards).
lol about 109K month to date?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.