FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Simon mall gift card(2014-2015) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1578495-simon-mall-gift-card-2014-2015-a.html)

MasterCharge Nov 22, 2014 6:26 pm

Originally Posted by thehogsters (Post 23883023)

Originally Posted by kenme1 (Post 23882918)

Originally Posted by thehogsters (Post 23882605)
Sorry if this has been asked.

Just got back from the glorious SM with 2k worth of GC's in hand to my local FD to feed serve. Got the visa tender not allowed. My fist SM attempt to serve. Do these not work with serve?

You seriously asking this question? :td:

ok Jerkoff, yes:td:

from page 35
"Everyone has a first post and here is mine. Have been loading Metabank Simon Mall Visa gift cards into Serve at Walmart for a couple of months. Never a issue. Today I got a "tender not available" at two different tellers at two different Walmarts. Kate was broken. Confirmed that $ was on the card, I had the correct pin, and swiped it for a coke to make sure that worked. It did. Odd thing is earlier in the day I loaded a Metabank Visa from Staples and that went fine. Yes I read the wiki and know what it says about the tender message. What do you do when that happens? Can an individual card have a hickup?"

So obviously I'm not the first to have this problem.

thehogsters, you are asking your question in the wrong thread hence the reply you received. plus you clearly said its your first time loading at FD, you will find more information about the error if you had done your due diligence to search in the serve thread.

Stoughton Nov 22, 2014 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by PaulMSN (Post 23881751)
I still had Simon cards from the last batch this morning, but I decided to get more of them even if I didn't get rid of the ones I had. I went to the MC at WM first and Donna was there, so there was no problem getting rid of all of them. I then drove out to the mall, bought some Lindt chocolates at the outlet store and went to get more cards. The cashier there was fairly new (she trained on me), so I didn't ask if I could do more than one order -- if it had been one of the experienced cashiers or the manager I would have. She didn't know anything about the price increase.

I went back to WM and Donna was still at the MC, so I ended up buying $9,000 more in MOs for a total of $12,000 in one morning. That's by far the most MSing I've done in one day. Now I can buy more Simons tomorrow before the increase.

If you got out of bed earlier, you'd have run into me @ WM ;)

CFFrost Nov 22, 2014 7:55 pm

The increase in holiday traffic at the mall today really made this trip a pain. Now I come here and find out the fees are about to go up? Ugh . . .

g1ant Nov 22, 2014 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by PaulMSN (Post 23881751)
I still had Simon cards from the last batch this morning, but I decided to get more of them even if I didn't get rid of the ones I had. I went to the MC at WM first and Donna was there, so there was no problem getting rid of all of them. I then drove out to the mall, bought some Lindt chocolates at the outlet store and went to get more cards. The cashier there was fairly new (she trained on me), so I didn't ask if I could do more than one order -- if it had been one of the experienced cashiers or the manager I would have. She didn't know anything about the price increase.

I went back to WM and Donna was still at the MC, so I ended up buying $9,000 more in MOs for a total of $12,000 in one morning. That's by far the most MSing I've done in one day. Now I can buy more Simons tomorrow before the increase.

All that to save $1 a card?

MasterCharge Nov 22, 2014 8:14 pm

Originally Posted by g1ant (Post 23883348)

if one is buying 19 cards that's $19 that can be put to good use.

kaiotes Nov 22, 2014 11:34 pm

10k is the limit if you fill the form, 3k without.

Originally Posted by Majuki (Post 23882975)
Please report back. Great Mall was selling $10k previously, so let us know if they lower the limits.

Lumpylump76 Nov 22, 2014 11:38 pm

The mall today had me fill out a form at ANY amount. A different mall last week needed a form at 1,500.

Zero consistency.

PaulMSN Nov 23, 2014 1:33 am

Originally Posted by g1ant (Post 23883348)

Right now I'm saving $2 a card. $38 is more than enough to fill my tank and I can make at least 4 trips on one fill-up. Worth it to me, but after Monday it might not be justifiable. Therefore the opportunity to go two times before the price increase is a good thing. Added benefit -- I'm already north of $100K in MOs for the month.

PaulMSN Nov 23, 2014 1:35 am

Originally Posted by Stoughton (Post 23883105)
If you got out of bed earlier, you'd have run into me @ WM ;)

I did, but it took me a while to get going.

thehogsters Nov 23, 2014 2:17 am

Originally Posted by MasterCharge (Post 23883058)
thehogsters, you are asking your question in the wrong thread hence the reply you received. plus you clearly said its your first time loading at FD, you will find more information about the error if you had done your due diligence to search in the serve thread.

No man, first time loading a SM gc to serve. I have been maxing out serve loads with vgc's from CVS. Since a SM is on the way home from work I thought it to be a nice easy way to pop in and save a few bucks instead of good old CVS.

thehogsters Nov 23, 2014 2:22 am

Originally Posted by PaulMSN (Post 23884078)
. Added benefit -- I'm already north of $100K in MOs for the month.

OMG I need to learn some more ms skills. Not quite sure how to move that much volume?

Hat's off to you sir.^

rtraveler Nov 23, 2014 5:04 am

Originally Posted by PaulMSN (Post 23884078)
I'm already north of $100K in MOs for the month.

Well done! I think the WM cashiers in my area would call the cops if I tried to do that, lol. I go to 5 different WM's just so they don't get freaked about all the GC's I use. My goal for the month is 60k, I'm at 40k now.

rundrc Nov 23, 2014 6:33 am

I was told by a Simon Mall employee that effective Monday, 11/24 Simon GC's fees are going up to $3.95. Bummer. I guess you know it had to happen eventually.

thehogsters Nov 23, 2014 6:48 am

How in the hell are you guys doing that much in mo? I thought to many mo would bring suspicion from the banks and Feds. I'm scared to do over 4k in mo in my bank. Do you have 10 bank accounts? Some other secret way to liquidate them?

I'm just a Padawan and have much to learn to be a MS Jedi Master like you fools.

rtraveler Nov 23, 2014 7:41 am

Originally Posted by thehogsters (Post 23884567)
How in the hell are you guys doing that much in mo? I thought to many mo would bring suspicion from the banks and Feds. I'm scared to do over 4k in mo in my bank. Do you have 10 bank accounts? Some other secret way to liquidate them?

I'm just a Padawan and have much to learn to be a MS Jedi Master like you fools.

I do ZERO MO's because they are associated with fraud when you consistently do large amounts with GC's in high crime areas.