Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)

Old Nov 8, 14, 8:45 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Hhonors, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by swimbaby View Post
Went to mw to load my bluebird with sm card of $500.00 at the register. The screen said approved but it printed out saying not approved. Call sm card and all the funds were on it.
The gal tried 2 times but each time the same thing happened
One of my Walmarts the 'express lanes' will NOT work with Simon Mall, were you at an express lane check out? (not self service those wont work on any cards, but just regular express checkouts).
Old Nov 9, 14, 10:57 pm

i was able to load my serve at walmart 2 weeks ago. I came back last week and it was denied.

I'm not sure what changed. I'm suspecting that the digits on the card matters.
Old Nov 10, 14, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by mbassom View Post
One of my Walmarts the 'express lanes' will NOT work with Simon Mall, were you at an express lane check out? (not self service those wont work on any cards, but just regular express checkouts).
I loaded my BB last week on the express lane.
Old Nov 11, 14, 3:30 am

Programs: AA, USAir, UA, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by sfkhan View Post
Do you need to register as a business to get the $1000 VGCs or with no fees if at all? How do you justify the need to buy VGCs for business that you are running? What about various people reporting their accounts getting frozen? I would think they are monitoring the activity and shutdown if they see the same patern???
anyone?
Old Nov 11, 14, 5:42 am

Do you need to register as a business to get the $1000 VGCs or with no fees if at all? How do you justify the need to buy VGCs for business that you are running? What about various people reporting their accounts getting frozen?
Yes but the $1k cards are $2.95 and you will eventually get shutdown if you just liquidate them. My account was shutdown in a month. I was purchasing $20k at a time wit business now I purchase $10k at a time with personal.
Old Nov 11, 14, 9:28 am

Programs: AA, USAir, UA, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by rtraveler View Post
Yes but the $1k cards are $2.95 and you will eventually get shutdown if you just liquidate them. My account was shutdown in a month. I was purchasing $20k at a time wit business now I purchase $10k at a time with personal.
We can get $1K VGCs with personal acccount? or you meant the 20 X $500 ?
Old Nov 11, 14, 9:37 am

We can get $1K VGCs with personal acccount? or you meant the 20 X $500 ?

$1k cards only for business so I would buy $20k worth.
Old Nov 11, 14, 11:45 am

Hi, just curious. Do you buy gcs at the Customer Service desk in the Mall? I have a Simon Mall near me, but never purchased GCs in the mall before. What are the limits?
Old Nov 11, 14, 11:53 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Pt, CBP Global Entry
Originally Posted by sosamo View Post
Hi, just curious. Do you buy gcs at the Customer Service desk in the Mall? I have a Simon Mall near me, but never purchased GCs in the mall before. What are the limits?
10K/ day
Old Nov 11, 14, 11:54 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, United Silver, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Yes, at the Customer Service desk.

The max purchase per day appears to vary somewhat, so you'll need to ask locally. My local Simon will sell up to 10K per day but requires a photo ID and that I fill out and sign a form for them if I exceed 1K in purchases per day.

I also don't want to get any fraud alerts from my credit card companies, so I'm careful not to go overboard on any one credit card. My local Simon allows me to split up purchases and use several different credit cards for payment.
Old Nov 11, 14, 12:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Simon Mall at Johnson Creek, WI has a max of $9,500 and you have to fill out the form and supply ID. You also have to show them the CCs you use.

They are very friendly, though.
Old Nov 11, 14, 1:42 pm

$10k/day for personal.

If you have a business account, you can buy more. The most I've purchased with a business account is $20k/day.
Old Nov 11, 14, 2:19 pm

Thanks Guys for the info. I'll check it out. I am only going to use this method for my Citi AA exec (no category bonus) to accumulate miles since CVS/OV is dead right now and my BB/Serve are hungry.
Old Nov 11, 14, 2:53 pm

It's interesting how much different various SM's are. The one I use allows max of 3k a day and no ID or paperwork. I asked about a business account and the rep said they have them but it is a lot of paperwork and the home office tracks them very closely because they are mostly used by "those mileage people and we end up not letting them buy anymore"

As a data point I buy 3k twice a week. Love their attitude too. When they see me walking in they start getting the cards out of the lock box.
Old Nov 11, 14, 10:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by bj993 View Post
It's interesting how much different various SM's are. The one I use allows max of 3k a day and no ID or paperwork. I asked about a business account and the rep said they have them but it is a lot of paperwork and the home office tracks them very closely because they are mostly used by "those mileage people and we end up not letting them buy anymore"

As a data point I buy 3k twice a week. Love their attitude too. When they see me walking in they start getting the cards out of the lock box.
Out of curiosity, what do you say you're buying them for? I'm assuming a cashier would be wondering why someone buys $1k x3 or x10 every week. Not that it's anyone's business.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: