Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2014, 6:26 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott Titanium, National Car Exec Elite
Originally Posted by rtwvagabond
I was in the area of a SM yesterday and I dropped by their CS kiosk. I asked to buy some, the CS guy's reply 'We do have them but I don't have any to sell to you'. His next statement was 'Are you a gamer?', took me a few seconds to recognize what he meant and I nodded my head. He stated 'We usually sell all of them first thing in the morning, there are a lot of you guys'. I chuckled in my head, I had a gut feeling when I approached the desk that I wasn't going to come away with any.

I haven't read every single page of this thread, but I don't recall anyone giving an experience where a SM actually had a daily allocated limit they are willing to sell. Has anyone encountered this?

The SM source is not one for me as there are only 3 in my metro area and all are in suburbs on the far other side of town from me.There are some damn dedicated MS'ers to go right when the mall opens to buy it all up.:P
I was at the Napa Premium Outlets today and she asked if I was using the cards for "Gamer Rewards."

I sincerely thought she was talking about online video games - not that I would have admitted it anyway.

While she was ringing them up, she said they are flying out the door now that the Gamers are using them.

I asked her what Gamers are, and she said people that buy them for loyalty points then use the PIN feature to load Bluebird cards and buy money orders.

She said if I went online I would find all kinds of info about how to use them for Gamer Rewards

Last edited by troydwhite; Oct 20, 2014 at 6:26 pm Reason: typos
Old Oct 20, 2014, 6:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Delete

Last edited by PortlySpartacus; Nov 1, 2014 at 6:17 am Reason: Too revealing
Old Oct 20, 2014, 7:11 pm

Simon Mall Visa Fail at WM

Everyone has a first post and here is mine. Have been loading Metabank Simon Mall Visa gift cards into Serve at Walmart for a couple of months. Never a issue. Today I got a "tender not available" at two different tellers at two different Walmarts. Kate was broken. Confirmed that $ was on the card, I had the correct pin, and swiped it for a coke to make sure that worked. It did. Odd thing is earlier in the day I loaded a Metabank Visa from Staples and that went fine. Yes I read the wiki and know what it says about the tender message. What do you do when that happens? Can an individual card have a hickup?
Old Oct 20, 2014, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by bj993
Everyone has a first post and here is mine. Have been loading Metabank Simon Mall Visa gift cards into Serve at Walmart for a couple of months. Never a issue. Today I got a "tender not available" at two different tellers at two different Walmarts. Kate was broken. Confirmed that $ was on the card, I had the correct pin, and swiped it for a coke to make sure that worked. It did. Odd thing is earlier in the day I loaded a Metabank Visa from Staples and that went fine. Yes I read the wiki and know what it says about the tender message. What do you do when that happens? Can an individual card have a hickup?

did $1500 today and no issues for me...
Old Oct 21, 2014, 3:56 pm

Worked Today

i have no idea what happens but the VGC that would not load at WM yesterday loaded to Serve today. Only difference is I used Kate but suspect that had nothing to do with. In any event back to normal.

By the way I tried to get cash back with VGC at Safeway. No go. I read here that it can happen from time to time but not for me.

Last edited by bj993; Oct 21, 2014 at 3:58 pm Reason: Mis spelled word.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 7:17 pm

So, do you just use them to get MO's or to load BB? I've been seeing a lot about Walmart acting up and I don't have Serve, so wondering what my options are..
Old Oct 21, 2014, 7:41 pm

Load Serve with VCG at WM. MO is last resort for me.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 7:20 am

Can you load Serve with Simon Mall Visa GCs at Family Dollar?
Old Oct 22, 2014, 7:51 am

Programs: AA Plat, SPG Plat, Club Carlson Gold, Marriott Silver, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by sam250240
Can you load Serve with Simon Mall Visa GCs at Family Dollar?
Yes you can - used one for a load yesterday. With FD, you are limited to only one $500 load per day.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 8:14 am

Double post
Old Oct 22, 2014, 8:15 am

Originally Posted by bj993
Last week experienced similar with meta and US bank cards. I was thinking of calling for refund but was able to load yesterday! (keep receipts) similar things happened last year with WF pp, Tmo and MVD towards the end.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by prasha11
Last week experienced similar with meta and US bank cards. I was thinking of calling for refund but was able to load yesterday! (keep receipts) similar things happened last year with WF pp, Tmo and MVD towards the end.
loaded 2k today and no issues...
Old Oct 22, 2014, 10:11 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, USairways, BA, United, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Plat , Marriott, Sixt Platinum
Can I buy Simon GCs with AGCs online? See some old posts for malls declining but haven't seen much for online orders. I'd imagine they don't work but just want to confirm ITT.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by queensgambit
Can I buy Simon GCs with AGCs online? See some old posts for malls declining but haven't seen much for online orders. I'd imagine they don't work but just want to confirm ITT.
I tried this at two malls in FL and was denied at both. They were even personalized cards and still a no go.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by danpeake
I tried this at two malls in FL and was denied at both. They were even personalized cards and still a no go.
Its been said here several times - THEY NO LONGER WILL ACCEPT GIFT CARDS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.