Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2014, 5:52 pm

Edit: Nevermind, got it lol

Last edited by Wakinguptooearly; Jun 11, 2014 at 5:58 pm Reason: Nevermind, dumb question
Old Jun 11, 2014, 8:56 pm

Programs: UA Gold;DL GM
Anyone with experience at the two Simon Malls in Memphis?

I went to one in Dallas and got the Simon Visa cards last month. Checked the Simon website before going and it clearly showed the cards available. When checking Memphis on Simon.com, it did not show the same promo.

So, anyone know? Do they have the Visa or only the old Simon Amex?
Old Jun 13, 2014, 1:05 pm

Has anyone had any luck buying Simon Visa's with AmexGC?

I recently moved and made my first trip to a Simon mall this week. I had to fill out paperwork for 2x$500 in Arlington VA and paid with a regular MC.

Last edited by mdstudio; Jun 13, 2014 at 1:24 pm
Old Jun 14, 2014, 8:50 pm

Programs: All of them!
At the "other mall" I was asked to fill out a form when my orders passed their threshold. But I haven't tested ways of evading it and I don't see why it's a big deal. They ask for way less information than WM does when you do BP or MO.
Old Jun 15, 2014, 2:39 pm
FTA

Originally Posted by mdstudio
Yes
Old Jun 15, 2014, 6:50 pm

Programs: Hilton-Diamond Lifetime Platinum AA UA, WN-CP, SPG Gold.
Used Amex GC, no problem.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 11:31 am

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
Originally Posted by frugalgal1001
I used for minimum spend on my AA Executive card. Have also used for 2% on my Fidelity Amex. Plus the purchase fee at my local SM is even less than $2.95
I wanna know where you live!~

Glimcher, right? Don't have one....
Old Jun 25, 2014, 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by frugalgal1001
I used for minimum spend on my AA Executive card. Have also used for 2% on my Fidelity Amex. Plus the purchase fee at my local SM is even less than $2.95
You used the new AA Exec for $10K spend right away?

It seems as though every drugstore, gas station, grocery store etc. in my area has now totally shut down using CC to buy and I've tried almost a dozen. Not only that my formerly reliable Lucky store not only switched to cash but even for cash the rack is clear of anything over $25. I can't imagine someone cleaned them out for cash.

I need to check this out before I apply for Citi Executive, I'm a virgin, (before it goes away) because this would be my main spend. I've seen that Simon codes as: Merchant Category: MISCELLANEOUS / SPECIALTY RETAIL STORES. Advice on how fast to scale up on new cards?

Last edited by annhedonia; Jun 25, 2014 at 6:48 pm
Old Jun 25, 2014, 7:49 pm

Anyone been turned away for the Visa GC? A friend was told they can only sell them to businesses and once he said they were for a busniess they said it would require a form to be filled out with tax ID and other info and he would need to talk to a business representative. The only option he was given was AMEX.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 6:15 am

Originally Posted by awoz
Anyone been turned away for the Visa GC? A friend was told they can only sell them to businesses and once he said they were for a busniess they said it would require a form to be filled out with tax ID and other info and he would need to talk to a business representative. The only option he was given was AMEX.
YMMV

Some places sell both and some dont. Some restrict to businesses and some dont. Sorry that is not the perfect answer but that is how it is. I work next to a Simon mall and they only sell AMEX but a mall 10 minutes away sells both.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 2:28 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS
Originally Posted by annhedonia
Advice on how fast to scale up on new cards?
I've hit these cards very hard, from $500 to $3K at time. I've mixed in daily spend, I've not mixed in daily spend. I've pushed payments of $4K on 2 successive days, and done 3 WMT BP of $2K each over a 4 days period.

Never a fraud alert and nary a peep from them.

Citi gave me more than 2X the CL with these than I have ever gotten with any other card.

Either they are hard up for people to be using their credit products or they are building a list of MS'ers to drop the hammer on later. It's like they specifically designed this for the hardcore MS crowd.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 11:08 am

Originally Posted by annhedonia
You used the new AA Exec for $10K spend right away?
No, when I got my Exec CVS was still selling VR with credit, so I did about $5K there. Then I mixed in some regular everyday spending & filled in the rest with SM gcs.
Old Jun 27, 2014, 11:38 am

Any insight in the Philly area as to which location has VGCs now? I stopped by KoP Mall earlier in the week and found nothing but Amex. I was told they were expecting VGCs in the next month or two. . . .
Old Jun 27, 2014, 11:53 am

Originally Posted by mdstudio

I recently moved and made my first trip to a Simon mall this week. I had to fill out paperwork for 2x$500 in Arlington VA and paid with a regular MC.
Yes - been posted VARIOUS times

No we have no WIKI - People too lazy to create one
Old Jun 27, 2014, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by ronnyk
Any insight in the Philly area as to which location has VGCs now? I stopped by KoP Mall earlier in the week and found nothing but Amex. I was told they were expecting VGCs in the next month or two. . . .
I used to live in the area, so I know this is pretty close to Philly. Bottom of the page shows VGC.

http://www.deptfordmall.com/

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.