Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2014, 8:05 am

Originally Posted by rtraveler
Any luck using the SGC to purchase MO's at USPS ?
Any luck in the past 10 years using any GC at the USPS ?
Old Sep 8, 2014, 4:48 pm

Programs: United
USPS is always a no go for MS
Old Sep 8, 2014, 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by ocdb8r
I think I missed it, who else is getting asked to fill forms for as little as $500? I went back through the post-Blackhawk posts and nearly all seem to be referencing corporate accounts. I can't imagine tracking orders that low is particularly efficient.
While traveling on business, I went to one mall. They make you fill out a form for all purchases of $500 or more. They even had clipboards with the form and a pen tied to it (felt like the DMV). There was a line of 5 - 6 people who had the clipboard, filling out the paperwork. I obviously passed.

I was able to buy $2K of GC's at a local mall without filling out paperwork the other day. But not sure if the CSR entered my DL info into the POS.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 10:45 am

Simon mall gift card - filling forms

After 1 purchase (4x$1k) my corporate account has been flagged by someone.

I was told I could order $500 consumer cards instead if I wanted to.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 11:16 am

Originally Posted by ashap
After 1 purchase (4x$1k) my corporate account has been flagged by someone.

I was told I could order $500 consumer cards instead if I wanted to.
Nice. So I am guessing my two 1kx5 orders last week are going to get me shut down to.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by daw4888
Nice. So I am guessing my two 1kx5 orders last week are going to get me shut down to.
lets start the panic now... I guess my 10K batch will get me shut down..
Old Sep 9, 2014, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by kingrat
lets start the panic now... I guess my 10K batch will get me shut down..
I am not panicking. If I got shut down I still have some other methods to get US Bank debit cards. Or I will just go back to buying the $500 cards 3k at a time.

I will find out soon. I was going to wait two weeks between orders to not push the new Blackhawk network. But I might just go try and see what happens.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by daw4888
I am not panicking. If I got shut down I still have some other methods to get US Bank debit cards. Or I will just go back to buying the $500 cards 3k at a time.

I will find out soon. I was going to wait two weeks between orders to not push the new Blackhawk network. But I might just go try and see what happens.
yep...
Old Sep 9, 2014, 5:10 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond
Got some of the new SM VGC and set the pin manually. I tried loading at the kiosk today, but the transaction would not go through (tried 2 cards). Checking online I see the transaction attempt, but it was reversed. Probably nothing...wondering if my pins didnt take. Not anywhere close to my BB limit this month.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 5:50 pm
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by IPBrian
Got some of the new SM VGC and set the pin manually. I tried loading at the kiosk today, but the transaction would not go through (tried 2 cards). Checking online I see the transaction attempt, but it was reversed. Probably nothing...wondering if my pins didnt take. Not anywhere close to my BB limit this month.
Metabank was having issues earlier today. Give it another try.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 5:59 pm

I'll give it a try tomorrow thanks @payeco!
Old Sep 9, 2014, 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by payeco
Metabank was having issues earlier today. Give it another try.
I have run in to intermittent PIN issues with my SM VCGs this week. I set the PIN over the phone but then at WM POS the PIN fails. I call in and reset the PIN and it works at WM POS. Wondering how you knew Metabank was having issues today? Is there any way to know if the PIN was set correctly? 90% of my PINs work fine, but the 10% that fail are a pain, and my WM cashiers who all know me as the Bluebird guy are starting to wonder why my transactions are failing. I also wonder if there's something I'm doing wrong when I call in to set the PIN. Thanks.
Old Sep 9, 2014, 10:41 pm
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by honoreitiscom
I have run in to intermittent PIN issues with my SM VCGs this week. I set the PIN over the phone but then at WM POS the PIN fails. I call in and reset the PIN and it works at WM POS. Wondering how you knew Metabank was having issues today? Is there any way to know if the PIN was set correctly? 90% of my PINs work fine, but the 10% that fail are a pain, and my WM cashiers who all know me as the Bluebird guy are starting to wonder why my transactions are failing. I also wonder if there's something I'm doing wrong when I call in to set the PIN. Thanks.
I knew they were having issues because someone created this thread this afternoon.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...mos-metas.html
Old Sep 10, 2014, 6:11 am

Originally Posted by payeco
I knew they were having issues because someone created this thread this afternoon.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...mos-metas.html
This sounds exactly like my experience...thanks for pointing out that thread!
Old Sep 10, 2014, 8:59 am

Just using the last four digits as the pin is so much easier then setting a pin and hopeing it went through correctly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.