FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Simon mall gift card(2014-2015) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1578495-simon-mall-gift-card-2014-2015-a.html)

hiima Dec 17, 2015 11:41 am

Originally Posted by kingofkingsforu (Post 25877330)
My simon mall was out of stock of visa today. Person was like man u should come early in the morning. First come First serve.

My fellow MSers in DFW emptying out the racks of simon mall.

Even the nearby best buy was out of stock of visa.2 days back it had around 10 to 15 cards. Damn.

Plus you have to take into account the people actually buying gift cards for presents. I was buying 10 at the local Simon and a lady was buying one for 50$, I was thinking, what a low amount, you can't MS like that, then I remembered that people normally give these as gifts. She got the one with snowman on it and apparently that one sells out quick.

compddd Dec 17, 2015 12:11 pm

My local Simon said they were limiting # of cards issued each day to the reps at the kiosk to sell to customers due to inventory and the holidays.

PaulMSN Dec 18, 2015 12:27 am

I asked if they had enough for me when I called in before going to Simon this evening. She checked and told me yes. I even got the 18 of the gray ones I like -- the 19th was black.

kingofkingsforu Dec 18, 2015 12:45 am

Originally Posted by hiima (Post 25879967)
Plus you have to take into account the people actually buying gift cards for presents. I was buying 10 at the local Simon and a lady was buying one for 50$, I was thinking, what a low amount, you can't MS like that, then I remembered that people normally give these as gifts. She got the one with snowman on it and apparently that one sells out quick.

My nearby simon mall rep was sounding more like "u need to be quick enough to ramp those points. First come first serve"

Originally Posted by PaulMSN (Post 25882742)
I asked if they had enough for me when I called in before going to Simon this evening. She checked and told me yes. I even got the 18 of the gray ones I like -- the 19th was black.

Calling them is the best approach. saves a ride

hiima Dec 18, 2015 10:32 am

Originally Posted by kingofkingsforu (Post 25882776)
My nearby simon mall rep was sounding more like "u need to be quick enough to ramp those points. First come first serve"

Calling them is the best approach. saves a ride

I'm just saying that normal people buy them too, so lowers stock.

gan911 Dec 18, 2015 5:18 pm

according to my mall, they're switching to chip based transaction system. limit 3k/card right now...

Chelski Dec 18, 2015 8:05 pm

My main SM said no more AP. Thanx to the friendly FTers I explained to them that each chip CC creates 12 additional lines on the receipts vs swiping.

cdancer20 Dec 18, 2015 10:14 pm

Asked one of the regular cashiers today how many people do this at my store. I know that they have a huge binder full of prefilled sheets for their regulars. She told me that 1-No one buys as frequently as I do and 2 - No one buys 19 at a time. (outside of corporate accounts).

kingofkingsforu Dec 19, 2015 9:39 am

Originally Posted by cdancer20 (Post 25887136)
Asked one of the regular cashiers today how many people do this at my store. I know that they have a huge binder full of prefilled sheets for their regulars. She told me that 1-No one buys as frequently as I do and 2 - No one buys 19 at a time. (outside of corporate accounts).

on which card u do MS? arrival + ?

cdancer20 Dec 19, 2015 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by kingofkingsforu (Post 25888546)
on which card u do MS? arrival + ?

Yes plus any cards I want airline/hotel points.

PaulMSN Dec 19, 2015 7:00 pm

When I called today, they only had 16 Visa GCs available, but I decided to go there anyway. When I got there, they had added 2 more from the manager, so I ended up with $9000. I'm not sure why they forgot I usually get 19.

Troubling, though, that the remaining Madison WM will not let us use GCs for MOs anymore. 0 for 3 in the city -- Sun Prairie is now the closest WM that allows it, then you have to go all the way to Delafield to find another. I think I will only buy Simons when I drive to Milwaukee from now on.

mhdena Dec 19, 2015 7:09 pm

Originally Posted by PaulMSN (Post 25890553)
Troubling, though, that the remaining Madison WM will not let us use GCs for MOs anymore.

Is that location banning Serve loads also?

I had a location say my name needed to be on the cards after successfully buying MOs a few weeks prior. Passed by one day and asked to load Serve, sure no problem:).

May try MOs at that location again after the 1st.

PaulMSN Dec 20, 2015 2:09 am

Originally Posted by mhdena (Post 25890575)
Is that location banning Serve loads also?

I had a location say my name needed to be on the cards after successfully buying MOs a few weeks prior. Passed by one day and asked to load Serve, sure no problem:).

May try MOs at that location again after the 1st.

I don't have a Serve card, so I have no idea.

krazykanuck Dec 20, 2015 7:42 pm

Houston Galleria was a mad house today. People stalking people for parking spots before noon! I got in, got my GCs, and GTFO. I'll be back in January...

nishjain1 Dec 20, 2015 9:33 pm

Hello I have One BB card and the monthly limit is $5k so I can't buy Simon Gift Cards more than 5k in a month....Any suggestion if I can buy more where can I load effectively??