Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2015, 12:40 am

Originally Posted by skitch23
You'd think it would be the opposite with $10k on chip cards and $3k on basic cards since the chip cards are suppose to be more "secure".
Banks now require all vendors to have chip readers. The penalty for non-compliance -- vendors will assume liability for fraudulent charges coming from chip-equipped CC's.
Vendors that do have required equipment will be covered the same way they were before Oct'15.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 7:01 am

Programs: AA, UA, BA, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by MaxVO
Banks now require all vendors to have chip readers. The penalty for non-compliance -- vendors will assume liability for fraudulent charges coming from chip-equipped CC's.
Vendors that do have required equipment will be covered the same way they were before Oct'15.
And Simon Malls (at least mine) has chip readers, and they are used. So a lower limit for chip cards doesn't make sense.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by dukerau
And Simon Malls (at least mine) has chip readers, and they are used. So a lower limit for chip cards doesn't make sense.
They're not turned on....
Old Dec 7, 2015, 8:44 am

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
San Diego Update: The problem I had was just local to one mall and has been fixed. I guess this Mall was supposed to go chip compliant on 12/5 but it flummoxed they system and they sold a whole day of bad cards to everyone who bought one.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 1:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dukerau
At my Simon mall they weren't able to get the chip readers to work, thus the $3000 limit on chip cards until they fix the problem.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
At my Simon mall they weren't able to get the chip readers to work, thus the $3000 limit on chip cards until they fix the problem.
Exactly. The limit is only until they get the chip readers enabled; once they do, the $3 limit won't apply. That's what I was told earlier today by my local SM CS rep.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by 1PercentClub
They're not turned on....
They are turned on and working fine at my local sm. Has been for last couple weeks
Old Dec 7, 2015, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by travelfreaks
They are turned on and working fine at my local sm. Has been for last couple weeks
They were, but not anymore. Last time I bought GCs a couple of weeks ago, I had to insert the card; today, I had to swipe it (chip card) because chip readers weren't working (don't know why). So, until the chip readers are back up and running, $3000 limit applies to CHIP cards that are SWIPED. If your SM has working chip readers, then this is not an issue.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by Madone59
San Diego Update: The problem I had was just local to one mall and has been fixed. I guess this Mall was supposed to go chip compliant on 12/5 but it flummoxed they system and they sold a whole day of bad cards to everyone who bought one.
Was it at Fashion Valley?
Old Dec 7, 2015, 5:40 pm

Anyone purchase cards at Cordova Mall in Pensacola?
Old Dec 7, 2015, 8:34 pm

Anyone having trouble unloading SM cards (Metabank) with expiration dates around 5/24? PIN not being accepted on two cards at KATE, WM cashiers at two stores, or DG. Both before and after manual PIN reset. These exp dates are the latest I've come across and never had any issues with SM cards until today.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by Nerbil
Anyone having trouble unloading SM cards (Metabank) with expiration dates around 5/24? PIN not being accepted on two cards at KATE, WM cashiers at two stores, or DG. Both before and after manual PIN reset. These exp dates are the latest I've come across and never had any issues with SM cards until today.
5/24 and 6/23 are the two I usually get..... Never any issues. Check Simon website for balance check and if still nothing go back to mall.

-A
Old Dec 7, 2015, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by 1PercentClub
5/24 and 6/23 are the two I usually get..... Never any issues. Check Simon website for balance check and if still nothing go back to mall.
Balances are good. Will give them a try tomorrow, maybe just some activation delays today.
Old Dec 7, 2015, 9:32 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Originally Posted by sandiego2seoul
Was it at Fashion Valley?
yes
Old Dec 7, 2015, 9:49 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum, United Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Ran into a $1000 limit without a new automated phone approval at the Las Vegas Premium outlets South. First time there as I was just passing through. The rep tried the phone approval 4 times, but it wouldn't go through so I only got two cards for the trouble of stopping by. Well, got two pair of new Reeboks for $79 total as well so it wasn't a total loss.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.