Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)

Old Nov 23, 15, 11:55 am

Programs: AA GLD 1MM, WN AList CP, MR PLT, HH DIA, SPG PLT, IHG SPI
Originally Posted by Chelski View Post
The lady at my primary SM said she would go get more from the mall manager if she didn't have enough. So it seems unlikely the SM would be completely dry.
On the weekends they can certainly run dry of Visas at CS desk when the mall office is closed. Did you bother to read my post for comprehension where I posted I've experienced this?
Old Nov 23, 15, 12:20 pm

Programs: AS,AA,JB, HH Gold, Starriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Explorist, Global Entry
I always call ahead to see if they have them and let them know I'm on my way, they will then have them ready.
Old Nov 23, 15, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MileageGoblin View Post
On the weekends they can certainly run dry of Visas at CS desk when the mall office is closed. Did you bother to read my post for comprehension where I posted I've experienced this?
That is your experience at your Simon mall. Chelski is saying that it's unlikely at his mall, as it is at mine. The CS desk and mall office are one and the same at the Simon mall I frequent, so if they're open, they have access to the entire inventory. The worst I've experienced is a shortage of the gray Visas that I prefer.
Old Nov 23, 15, 2:23 pm

I said it was unlikely that the SM was completely dry. If mall manager went home early, or info CS got sick, then that would be bad luck. Based on time of day it can be wise to call. I've gone when the CS was on lunch break. Each mall has variations, but it is still unlikely the mall is completely dry even though it may be hard to find someone to help.
Old Nov 23, 15, 3:49 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott
Do any credit cards out there get any bonuses on Simon mall?
Old Nov 23, 15, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by Chelski View Post
I said it was unlikely that the SM was completely dry. If mall manager went home early, or info CS got sick, then that would be bad luck. Based on time of day it can be wise to call. I've gone when the CS was on lunch break. Each mall has variations, but it is still unlikely the mall is completely dry even though it may be hard to find someone to help.
Again, my post was about weekends. Even if you are saying the mall manager has the office open at your SM on weekend, that is rare. And yes, I've had a Simon mall have to wait two days to get more Visas before.

Last edited by tcook052; Nov 24, 15 at 12:19 pm Reason: remove snark
Old Nov 23, 15, 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by pritomd View Post
Do any credit cards out there get any bonuses on Simon mall?
Some use the double cash back cards. That's it.
Old Nov 23, 15, 5:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PaulMSN View Post
That is your experience at your Simon mall. Chelski is saying that it's unlikely at his mall, as it is at mine. The CS desk and mall office are one and the same at the Simon mall I frequent, so if they're open, they have access to the entire inventory. The worst I've experienced is a shortage of the gray Visas that I prefer.
I will add my experiences with my Simon Mall - they USED to get my preferred design from the office when it ran out at the Kiosk. Now they dont do replenishment of each CSR's "pouch" in the middle of her shift any more. CSR gets a set number of various cards for her shift, or even all her shifts of the week. Replenishment is done with a long interval.

Though it is true that if you dont mind to buy the birthday cake, the gift boxes, the THANK YOU design, especially the last 2 designs, those seem always available.

For a long time now I only drop by no later than Mid Week and that seems to be more optimal time. Of course this is just my experience with the only Simon mall I frequent.
Old Nov 23, 15, 6:20 pm

Programs: DL, Marriott
Some use the double cash back cards. That's it.
Despite how open/accepting of MS Simon Malls seems to be, not getting a bonus doesn't make it worth it to me :/
Old Nov 23, 15, 7:12 pm

Programs: US Silver / AA Ruby, Hyatt & Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott & SPG Fools Gold
Originally Posted by pritomd View Post
Despite how open/accepting of MS Simon Malls seems to be, not getting a bonus doesn't make it worth it to me :/
More for us!!
Old Nov 24, 15, 12:39 pm

Well again, I went in to my normal sm and they wouldn't let me use my business spg, said I need to make a corporate account. Sigh. Anyone ever do this before?
Old Nov 25, 15, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by dljuna View Post
Well again, I went in to my normal sm and they wouldn't let me use my business spg, said I need to make a corporate account. Sigh. Anyone ever do this before?
They monitor activity on corporate cards and will shut down MS.
Old Nov 25, 15, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by Lucky888 View Post
They monitor activity on corporate cards and will shut down MS.
Only if abused. I use AmEx SPG business card for the occasional $1000 or so and mix it with regular spending on the card. Not a peep from AmEx. Now if you're talking about trying to set up a SM corporate account to use for MS, then I agree it will get torpedoed pretty quick.
Old Nov 25, 15, 7:54 pm

I was told there's a 3k limit at The Galleria in Houston when attempting to spend 5k. The cashier also called for preauthorization.
Old Nov 25, 15, 9:46 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: DL PM, Hilton Diamond, Starriott Platinum, Hyatt FreeBottleofWaterist
Originally Posted by dljuna View Post
I posted about this above, they wouldn't let me use my Biz SPG, not because it was a Biz card but "because my name was printed twice". It was printed twice because I got it as a sole prop.

Originally Posted by diseased View Post
I was told there's a 3k limit at The Galleria in Houston when attempting to spend 5k. The cashier also called for preauthorization.
The limit at Simons is seemingly random and based on the mall. Galleria has been 3k for quite a while.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: