Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2015, 4:54 am

Programs: Several dozen
Sounds about right. My main goto Simon was ground zero for the new system and one would have thought they worked out the kinks, since they delayed the rollout to the next seven after ground zero had issues. Oh well, the road to MS is often paved with sleeping policemen.

Originally Posted by CFFrost
Yes - Same here. Simon has been down for about 3 or 4 days.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 4:57 am

Programs: Several dozen
Believe there may be a nofly list. At my Simon I am TSA PreCheck.

Originally Posted by Viajero Millero
...Filled out the form and then the CSR called somewhere to advise on my transaction...almost sounded like asking for permission to complete the sale...
Old Nov 1, 2015, 10:50 am

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
I havent done much MS since Redbird was shut down and then i hit some resistance at my WM. I just changed over and got my Serve VIP card, and am planning to start trying to load it at WM. Anyone here do that using Simons? ANything i need to know first?
Old Nov 1, 2015, 11:19 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Lifetime Platinum, MR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by xolinlevh
I havent done much MS since Redbird was shut down and then i hit some resistance at my WM. I just changed over and got my Serve VIP card, and am planning to start trying to load it at WM. Anyone here do that using Simons? ANything i need to know first?
Just finished dumping $9.5k of SMGC's at WM with no issues. Best advise, start small and get to know the CSR's. Once they become your friend and get to know your routine it will be smooth sailing. If you ever come across a CSR that is not friendly, say thanks and try a different one or another day. DON'T MAKE A SCENE OR WAVES!
Old Nov 1, 2015, 11:28 am

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Kenme1's got great advice.

I load SMGCs @ WM/Neighborhood Market.

How I do it:
No more than 2x$500 at one time.
Load at MoneyCenter, Electronics, Garden Center, registers, etc - anywhere that they let you. Best to do this when the store's somewhat busy so you don't draw a bunch of security attention.

Yesterday, I was able to load $2500 on one card in one WM.
2x500 @ MoneyCenter
Automotive claimed they couldn't load BBs and to go to the MoneyCenter; I walked away without discussing further
2x500 @ Electronics
1x500 @ Register while buying some copier paper

If you can find a Kate in a WM near you, that would help quite a bit. $1999.99 velocity limit on Kates.

MS, like real estate, is all about location, location, location. What works in my local WMs may not work in yours. Good luck.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 11:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinium
Originally Posted by Viajero Millero
Made a couple purchases in South Florida after being out of town since Spring.

One SM had me fill out a form, saying the form is needed for any sale over $499. I was purchasin 3x500. Filled out the form and then the CSR called somewhere to advise on my transaction...almost sounded like asking for permission to complete the sale.

Other SM was MUCH better, just showed ID and the CSR said it could sell me up to 10k. No forms filled.

Both cases I swiped my own card and signed. No chip or NFC yet.
Which one didn't ask you for the form? is a requirement and it has been like that for months, and they have to call too but they always do it after the CC have approved the transaction
Old Nov 1, 2015, 2:09 pm

With the new POS, does anyone know we can initiate split payment from our end by pressing no and entering the desired amount?
Old Nov 1, 2015, 2:10 pm

Read the serve wiki. Load with a cashier. Some need guidance so read the serve wiki (emphasis). I had an error with one SM card, but I don't know if it was the cashier hit the wrong buttons or the dept register wasn't allowing it. I went to another register and loaded the previously declined card fine.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by donuteric
With the new POS, does anyone know we can initiate split payment from our end by pressing no and entering the desired amount?
I had to state the amount and card type (V, MC, D) before each swipe or AP hover. I was able to do both swipe and AP in the same transaction.

Last edited by Chelski; Nov 1, 2015 at 2:13 pm Reason: sp
Old Nov 1, 2015, 2:17 pm

Originally Posted by Chelski
I had to state the amount and card type (V, MC, D) before each swipe or AP hover. I was able to do both swipe and AP in the same transaction.
That was my experience today as well, including mentioning the network. The cashier insisted she needed to swipe on her end with the split payments, but the system rejected, so I suppose the swipe must be done on our side.

The terminal looks very much like those used by my neighborhood grocery stores and split can be initiated from our side. I'm wondering if anyone knows for sure.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by iflyjetz
Yesterday, I was able to load $2500 on one card in one WM.
2x500 @ MoneyCenter
Automotive claimed they couldn't load BBs and to go to the MoneyCenter; I walked away without discussing further
2x500 @ Electronics
1x500 @ Register while buying some copier paper....
Why are you going to different registers? The registers don't have $1,999 limits like they used to since the POS upgrade a couple of months ago. Loaded max for mine and wife's at same cashier yesterday.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by MileageGoblin
Why are you going to different registers? The registers don't have $1,999 limits like they used to since the POS upgrade a couple of months ago. Loaded max for mine and wife's at same cashier.
His strategy of not raising too mmuch suspicion from one rep.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by macrophage
Or drawing the attention of a store manager who might then start instituting their own store-wide policy (e.g., loading only at MC).
Old Nov 2, 2015, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by macrophage
Originally Posted by missing_link
Or drawing the attention of a store manager who might then start instituting their own store-wide policy (e.g., loading only at MC).
You guys crack me up. Both instances are taking the hobby to paranoid levels.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 2:46 pm

Originally Posted by MileageGoblin
You guys crack me up. Both instances are taking the hobby to paranoid levels.
Right, some here seem to assign little or no value to their time and think it's worthwhile to MS $5 at a time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.