Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)

Old Sep 16, 2015, 7:39 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Anyone tried loading BB at kiosk or checkout w/ Simon lately?
Worked fine for me everyday this week. What are you seeing that is different?
Old Sep 16, 2015, 10:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by cruisr
Not available in NJ. You can only get Amex GCs at Simon Malls. It has been this way forever. I remember I couldn't even order cards online if I had a NJ address. Don't know where you are but you could go up to Rockland County, NY or out towards Allentown, PA
Man good thing I didnt see this not only today but countless times. There is no problem getting SVGCs at any NJ Simon. The sole exception is some places will limit you to 1 @ $450 if you never purchased from them before, a few also cap it at $1000-2500 per day. Otherwise its $10k max like any other SM w/ limits

xeal, I dont know where you went last year but Ive purchased SVGCs in NJ throughout '14
Old Sep 17, 2015, 7:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Flyby01
Simon Malls is a 1x category for most CC unless one uses a #x everywhere else CC like the Citi Hilton Reserve that earns 3x.
Originally Posted by Chelski
SM 1.5 miles (cents) with discover IT Miles card coz 1.5 miles for all spending. No limit. I don't know where the miles/points can be transferred. Not really worth it.

Addition to post: actually 3 miles (cents) with IT Miles card as all points earned will be doubled after 12 months.
Even if a particular credit card always earns 3 points, that doesn't change this from being a 1x category store. If it was 2x, then that card would earn 6 points. Standard point amount vs category bonus are different. 1x = 1 times w/e your standard point system is. Note that I didn't say 1 point per credit card.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 9:35 am

Programs: UA-1K, MM, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Titanium
Originally Posted by craz
Man good thing I didnt see this not only today but countless times. There is no problem getting SVGCs at any NJ Simon. The sole exception is some places will limit you to 1 @ $450 if you never purchased from them before, a few also cap it at $1000-2500 per day. Otherwise its $10k max like any other SM w/ limits

xeal, I dont know where you went last year but Ive purchased SVGCs in NJ throughout '14
Wow. The Simon Mall I went too told me ONLY Amex in NJ and its on their mall's website that the only option for GC is Amex. I will check out others. My bad, I took what they said, and what was on their website at face value and didn't check other Simon Malls. thanks for the info
Old Sep 17, 2015, 9:57 am

Originally Posted by cdancer20
Even if a particular credit card always earns 3 points, that doesn't change this from being a 1x category store. If it was 2x, then that card would earn 6 points. Standard point amount vs category bonus are different. 1x = 1 times w/e your standard point system is. Note that I didn't say 1 point per credit card.
Point taken.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by Chelski
Point taken.
Originally Posted by cdancer20
I also see your point!
Old Sep 17, 2015, 11:40 pm

Programs: SW, AS, UA, AA, Delta, Hilton, Hyatt, Club Carlson, SPG, IHG, Choice
I went to a Simon mall and asked about gift cards. They had several designs with $500 max load . $3.95 fee.
However, when I asked if I can set 4 digit PIN to use as debit card, they said , it can be used as credit card only.

So, how do you guys use it to load RB at target? Or, do you use it for BB/Serve at WM?
Old Sep 18, 2015, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by desikid
I went to a Simon mall and asked about gift cards. They had several designs with $500 max load . $3.95 fee.
However, when I asked if I can set 4 digit PIN to use as debit card, they said , it can be used as credit card only.

So, how do you guys use it to load RB at target? Or, do you use it for BB/Serve at WM?
The instructions for the PIN will be in the accompanying flyer, i.e. call the phone number and select option 5.
Do not ask the mall clerks how to MS -- they're supposed to promote retail shopping.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 2:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by desikid

The default PIN is the last 4 digits of the card number. No need to set anything.

You really should read more here before jumping in. Consider the risks in dealing with multiple $500 GCs.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 6:01 am

Programs: Several dozen
Some of these risks include:

Transaction failure where a system or clerk error causes the GC to have money pulled, yet your payment is not approved or not authorized. Several hundred dollars in funds can get locked up for months (happened twice in 12 months).

MO Supplying stores change MO issuance policy to bank issued debit card only (happened 3 times in 12 months).

Target store changes GC acceptance policy for Redbird loading to bank issued debit card only (happened once in 12 months).

These situations can all delay the return of your funds to pay off credit card debt. You have to be sufficiently capitalized to accommodate unforeseen events impacting your cash flow. Don't forget that there are also risks in the banking sector which can impact cash flow.

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
...Consider the risks in dealing with multiple $500 GCs....
Old Sep 19, 2015, 12:40 am

I have been reading this thread for a few hours

I currently have citi double cash and premier TY and 2 serve.

Will it be advisable to do MS with SMVG? Has anyone have similar cards and will I be able to pay Citi using serve?

thank you for any info.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 1:14 am

Programs: AS, UA, IHG, HH,
Originally Posted by yorthinkbig
I have been reading this thread for a few hours

I currently have citi double cash and premier TY and 2 serve.

Will it be advisable to do MS with SMVG? Has anyone have similar cards and will I be able to pay Citi using serve?

thank you for any info.

Welcome to Flyertalk!

SMVG is excellent to meet some ms goals. Yes you can pay any citi card with serve.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 1:25 am

Originally Posted by BoeingOrNotGoing
Welcome to Flyertalk!

SMVG is excellent to meet some ms goals. Yes you can pay any citi card with serve.
thank you for your help. my first MS adventure is discover apple pay $500 WG OV card yesterday. However, today I tried other stores and they say debit or cash only, so options are limited.

OV from WG seems to not work with serve at WM so it got me nervous to continue MS having to hold onto too much. So reading this thread has help understand it a little better.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 7:22 am

Originally Posted by yorthinkbig
OV from WG seems to not work with serve at WM so it got me nervous to continue MS having to hold onto too much. So reading this thread has help understand it a little better.
if you have Family Dollar near you, you can load your Serve card there (if you have the new blue Serve, you might be charged a fee to load, check the Serve website for the different types of the blue Serve account) up to $500 using your OV, PIN last 4 of the card number. Keep on reading to learn more. Good luck!
Old Sep 19, 2015, 8:28 am

Deleted

Last edited by Lucky888; Oct 17, 2015 at 10:52 pm

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.