Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)

Old Aug 29, 15, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by Jesusdyd4u View Post
I'll talk to the CSR next week when I go and set up an arrangement like that. When I went yesterday, he was sort of low on card count. I'd hate to go all the way over there for 10k or more and have them only enough cards for 3.

Thanks.
$10k is the limit per person per day unless someone isn't following the book or possibly using two or more SMs. Mine always makes me buy card number 20 for some amount less than $500. Eventually you will get a folder with your name on it.
Old Aug 29, 15, 12:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jesusdyd4u View Post
I'll talk to the CSR next week when I go and set up an arrangement like that. When I went yesterday, he was sort of low on card count. I'd hate to go all the way over there for 10k or more and have them only enough cards for 3.

Thanks.
Call ahead.. They are ready and packed up for me when I come in.
Old Aug 29, 15, 3:06 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by AndrewTheMan View Post
Call ahead.. They are ready and packed up for me when I come in.
Am not sure AI understand....how they can keep your order ready in advance ? They have to charge your CC.

If you have an account ( presumably) how do you know all of them were loaded correctly ?
Thanks.
Old Aug 29, 15, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Lifetime Platinum, MR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HMPS View Post
Am not sure AI understand....how they can keep your order ready in advance ? They have to charge your CC.

If you have an account ( presumably) how do you know all of them were loaded correctly ?
Thanks.
They ring up the order then suspend it. When you come in they bring it up and you pay.
Old Aug 29, 15, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by kenme1 View Post
They ring up the order then suspend it. When you come in they bring it up and you pay.

So at that point are the SMGC are loaded with $500 each or not ? If yes you are just trusting the CSR ?
Old Aug 29, 15, 3:56 pm

So at that point are the SMGC are loaded with $500 each or not ? If yes you are just trusting the CSR ?
The CSR is easy to find if something happens. The receipt prints all the info so you can just cross check the last four of each gebit. I've never felt like I couldn't trust the CSRs. They always are professional and helpful at my SMs. You definitely don't go in, pay, grab the cards and walk off. It only takes my SM about 3-5 minutes to run 20 cards through. I call ahead to make sure they have cards available.
Old Aug 29, 15, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by Chelski View Post
I've never felt like I couldn't trust the CSRs. They always are professional and helpful at my SMs.
I used to think this until a new CSR forgot to give me a card and gave me a card with no money on it in one of my orders. Now I double check all my receipts and cross check the cards.
Old Aug 29, 15, 9:36 pm

Originally Posted by kenme1 View Post
I get two receipts. The first lists each individual GC pre-activated with the amount. The second contains the same information as the first along with the form of payment(s) used. By ordering in advance, their goal is to get the customer in and out as quickly as possible. Thus the first receipt when they are prepared in advance then the second receipt upon presentment of payment.

I only place my order with the manager and trust that the cards will be properly activated. Since the cards are in the sleeves, I still open each one and count to make sure everything is there.
Old Aug 30, 15, 7:35 am

Originally Posted by RamboAroundTheWorld View Post
I used to think this until a new CSR forgot to give me a card and gave me a card with no money on it in one of my orders. Now I double check all my receipts and cross check the cards.
That is a problem..... My fear a mistake by CSR becomes time consuming ....especially if you are traveling thru an area... So far no mistakes made, but then I hit when they have just opened up and therefore no other customers.
Thanks for the explanations.
Old Aug 31, 15, 6:19 pm

That is a problem..... My fear a mistake by CSR becomes time consuming ....especially if you are traveling thru an area... So far no mistakes made, but then I hit when they have just opened up and therefore no other customers.
Thanks for the explanations.
We talk about her kids, we talk about my kids, we laugh about it, we talk about our weekends, her trip to beach, my weekend cookout, all is good. Usually, cards keep on sliding through her machine, at this point one envelope with T&Cs is all I get, and rubber band for other 18 cards. Too bad this will not last, so we may as well enjoy it while we can.

Cheers,

PedroNY
Old Aug 31, 15, 11:09 pm

Programs: Hertz #1 Gold, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by PedroNY View Post
We talk about her kids, we talk about my kids, we laugh about it, we talk about our weekends, her trip to beach, my weekend cookout, all is good. Usually, cards keep on sliding through her machine, at this point one envelope with T&Cs is all I get, and rubber band for other 18 cards. Too bad this will not last, so we may as well enjoy it while we can.

Cheers,

PedroNY
Why won't it last? Someone must be happy from the 4.95 activation fee
Old Aug 31, 15, 11:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moka View Post
Why won't it last? Someone must be happy from the 4.95 activation fee
$3.95. Used to be $2.95. That didn't last.
Old Sep 1, 15, 12:46 pm

Programs: SPG Gold; Hyatt Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum = Mid Tier Master!
Anyone have any luck at Simon.com's volume purchases? They gave me an account and i was able to purchase $1,000 gift cards for a few months. Then all of a sudden today I got an email that said "We have reviewed the card usage on gift cards you have purchased from us, and now your maximum denomination is $500."

Sad to see that they are tracking how gift cards get spent.
Old Sep 1, 15, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by gumpfanatic View Post
Anyone have any luck at Simon.com's volume purchases? They gave me an account and i was able to purchase $1,000 gift cards for a few months. Then all of a sudden today I got an email that said "We have reviewed the card usage on gift cards you have purchased from us, and now your maximum denomination is $500."

Sad to see that they are tracking how gift cards get spent.
This has been discussed before. Simon knows what's going on with these cards, and are OK with it. Just not OK with MSing on $1000-denomination cards. Anyone who has opened a business account and purchased the $1000-denomination cards to MS with has gotten their account closed. Stick to personal-level, $500-value cards and everyone is happy.
Old Sep 1, 15, 1:41 pm

Programs: SPG Gold; Hyatt Platinum; Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum = Mid Tier Master!
Originally Posted by digitalpop View Post
This has been discussed before. Simon knows what's going on with these cards, and are OK with it. Just not OK with MSing on $1000-denomination cards. Anyone who has opened a business account and purchased the $1000-denomination cards to MS with has gotten their account closed. Stick to personal-level, $500-value cards and everyone is happy.
This is what I thought. I'm guessing I shouldn't bother replying to the email and trying to reverse their decision? Buying 10 gift cards was so much better than buying 20 for obvious reasons.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: