Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Simon mall gift card(2014-2015)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2015, 6:59 pm

will SM VGCs post as transactions and qualify for kms on the USBnk LanPass Visa Signature?

Havent seen much of anything about US bank in here

Does anyone even have the LanPass Signature?
Old Aug 23, 2015, 7:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kickmee6
will SM VGCs post as transactions and qualify for kms on the USBnk LanPass Visa Signature?

Havent seen much of anything about US bank in here

Does anyone even have the LanPass Signature?
I don't have one of those, but all 4 of my USBank CCs (FlexPerks, FlexPerks business, Carlson, Carlson business) have posted successfully as purchases. The Simon Mall outside Madison posts as "Johnson Crk Prmotlt 78 Johnson Creek Wi".
Old Aug 24, 2015, 5:14 am

Originally Posted by Sedentary
There's your answer right there. The limit is $5k per day per person. It doesn't matter if someone else was holding the card at the time, both cards are for the same account thus for the same person/entity. Thus the limit applies.
You're not correct because if that was true they would have rung me up at $2.5k. They specifically said they couldn't swipe the same card twice because they believed it was associated with the same account.

I guess the people who actually know the policy aren't going to respond...
Old Aug 24, 2015, 7:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Rooks
You're not correct because if that was true they would have rung me up at $2.5k. They specifically said they couldn't swipe the same card twice because they believed it was associated with the same account.

The last poster gave you an answer but I seemed to not understand. I'll try to explain what they meant. Your Dad used your card to purchase $5k right? Well what the OP was saying was that since the card was for the same account, in the store's eyes, the account is one person/entity. Thus if you were to do $2.5k with the same account, that's not $7.5k to the same account/entity.

It's probably safer to them to do it this way. If they were audited and the rule was actually $5k for that store, then it would be easy to determine that the same card was used. No way of knowing that it was John Doe vs James Doe.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 7:42 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Lifetime Platinum, MR Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PortlySpartacus
Now I'm confused. Is it cpp or ccp? LoL

I fat fingered that one! That will teach me to type a response on my tablet......
Old Aug 24, 2015, 10:33 am

While I'm not the "Mr. Manual" guy I do know the FinCen rules which is what Simon's policy is based on. Its a $10k limit per day sold by a specific retailer to a person. Account does not matter. Sounds like you have a mall interpreting the rules differently than they really are (big surprise). Also, if they say the limit is $5k, that's that specific mall's limit. It's not Simon's.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 11:05 am

They probably run a daily balance by credit card and noticed a CC number was above the $5,000 limit. I know at my SM that once I've loaded whether it's $2k or $5k that they will not allow me to load again with the same or different card. I would expect my SM to not allow an authorized user if they noticed the card number being the same at the time of transaction.

Originally Posted by MileageGoblin
Sounds like you have a mall interpreting the rules differently than they really are (big surprise). Also, if they say the limit is $5k, that's that specific mall's limit. It's not Simon's.
It sounds like a number of SMs have the lower threshold, or at least until they get to know the customer. I as well don't have a SM manual so just regular experiences and this thread as data points.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 11:23 am

Originally Posted by crazy_p.o.w.
I would personally go for the 10k, but that is just me. I have a way to unload them with no real issues. If you feel comfortable and the CSRs are accommodating then do it. What issues did you have with the Walmart MOs? I haven't had issues with these going through before so this may be interesting or an isolated event.
I thought there was a daily limit of 3k or 5k at SM. Maybe I read something wrong. Is 10k allowable? Sounds like that amount would get the account flagged. I certainly wouldn't want to get shut down.

My Walmart MO issue:

I set a PIN over the phone. Went to a local WM, and asked for a 1k MO. She punched in the info on her computer, and told me to swipe card. I swiped, it asked if cash back, which I replied "no," then asked for PIN. I entered PIN, and after a few seconds, it told me the card was not valid for that transaction (or some verbage close to that). We repeated the process with same results.
I then went down the road to my other local WM, and had same results as above.

Still waiting for my perm BB card...been almost 2 weeks.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 11:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist No More..., Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by Jesusdyd4u
I thought there was a daily limit of 3k or 5k at SM. Maybe I read something wrong. Is 10k allowable? Sounds like that amount would get the account flagged. I certainly wouldn't want to get shut down.

My Walmart MO issue:

I set a PIN over the phone. Went to a local WM, and asked for a 1k MO. She punched in the info on her computer, and told me to swipe card. I swiped, it asked if cash back, which I replied "no," then asked for PIN. I entered PIN, and after a few seconds, it told me the card was not valid for that transaction (or some verbage close to that). We repeated the process with same results.
I then went down the road to my other local WM, and had same results as above.

Still waiting for my perm BB card...been almost 2 weeks.
1 - You should read this thread better about the daily limits. 2 - The pin on Simon Mall GC is last 4 digits. No reason to call and set it. (Also found while reading this thread.)
Old Aug 24, 2015, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My Walmart MO issue:

I set a PIN over the phone...
You set a PIN for a Simon GC? Why bother? Last 4 digits has worked fine for me at WM for over a year.

$10K is the limit for personal purchases at Simon malls nationwide, but some malls have set lower limits. Some malls also count the fees within the $10 limit, so you must purchase less than $10K in GCs to stay under. At my mall I buy 19 $500 GCs for that reason.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 12:13 pm

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
I don't have one of those, but all 4 of my USBank CCs (FlexPerks, FlexPerks business, Carlson, Carlson business) have posted successfully as purchases. The Simon Mall outside Madison posts as "Johnson Crk Prmotlt 78 Johnson Creek Wi".
Thank you. I will buy one this week and report back with my results.

Thanks again for the quick response
Old Aug 24, 2015, 12:19 pm

Originally Posted by cdancer20
1 - You should read this thread better about the daily limits. 2 - The pin on Simon Mall GC is last 4 digits. No reason to call and set it. (Also found while reading this thread.)
1 - You should be a little more patient with someone new asking for help on a confusing issue. It would have taken you less time to type "No, 10k is limit." 2 - After reading through this thread many times, I'm well aware of the "last 4" issue for PINs, but just wanted to set the same number for both cards to get the transaction through easier. This was my first time, after all.

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
You set a PIN for a Simon GC? Why bother? Last 4 digits has worked fine for me at WM for over a year.

$10K is the limit for personal purchases at Simon malls nationwide, but some malls have set lower limits. Some malls also count the fees within the $10 limit, so you must purchase less than $10K in GCs to stay under. At my mall I buy 19 $500 GCs for that reason.
Thank you for the kind reply. I will work my way up to the 10k level soon after the SM CSR get to know me.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 12:46 pm

1 - You should be a little more patient with someone new asking for help on a confusing issue. It would have taken you less time to type "No, 10k is limit." 2 - After reading through this thread many times, I'm well aware of the "last 4" issue for PINs, but just wanted to set the same number for both cards to get the transaction through easier. This was my first time, after all.
As someone new I am helping you. You should always read a thread in depth before diving into doing it. This is true for anything in MS and anything here on FT. Since the $10k limit is mentioned many many times, including in the last few pages, it's obvious that you did not read. That is step 1 before you start playing with real money.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 12:48 pm

As someone new I am helping you. You should always read a thread in depth before diving into doing it. This is true for anything in MS and anything here on FT. Since the $10k limit is mentioned many many times, including in the last few pages, it's obvious that you did not read. That is step 1 before you start playing with real money.
Step 1: Don't suck.

No offense to anyone. This is a joke.
Old Aug 24, 2015, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by macdonaldj2
Each Simon is different, mine is 3k per day, and it's a form EVERY time, I need to venture out
I don't have a business account. Limit is $5k per day, it says that on the top of the form.
Hence the confusion.

I DO read through the threads that concern me, and there is a TON of information put forth. Sometimes we new folks just need you experienced folks to help, and not be so quick with the paddle board.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.