Wiki Posts
Search

this guys could ruin us all

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2014, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: CO, UA, AA, WN, DL Gold
this guys could ruin us all

He was arrested for buying gift cards with stolen/fraudulent CC's.

http://www.wfsb.com/story/25330742/n...gift-card-scam

That's all your going to hear now from WalMart and Staples managers. I wouldn't be surprised if the police are called next time I try to load up some Ink.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 8:01 am

That's dramatic. Some guy in Connecticut using fraudulent credit cards to buy gift cards, which happens every day across the country, is going to ruin it for us all?
Old Apr 25, 2014, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
"They said Luc Beaubrun, 26, of Brooklyn, NY, bought multiple gift cards with other gift cards."

"The reproduced cards were then used to purchase legitimate gift cards in order to transfer money from stolen accounts to non-traceable gift cards."

lol
Old Apr 25, 2014, 9:04 am

Thats it, turn in your Bluebirds! Its over, everyone go home!
Old Apr 25, 2014, 9:12 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by thebat
I wouldn't be surprised if the police are called next time I try to load up some Ink.
And, so what?
Old Apr 25, 2014, 9:16 am

"This guys"

'nuff said
Old Apr 25, 2014, 9:23 am

Programs: Too many to list. Since the early 90's.
Note to self: do not look like this criminal when going into store to buy gift cards. No double ponytail, no dreads, no pants-falling-down-past-butt look.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 9:36 am

You do realize that this happens 24/7.
This is a major common issue for the industry.

I wish stores would all swipe ID's and have a method of verifying your Id with the state. This would remove 99% of criminals and allow me to walk in there every day and purchase 5k GC and no one would bat an eye.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 9:37 am

Nice dreads, +1 for the symmetrical front-style presentation, so much better than behind the back.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 10:05 am

Programs: UA 1K;
I wonder if he had a blog with boxes and arrows showing how to exactly do the "activity".
It doesn't say if he was able to work out a way to get miles.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 10:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by xoxx
You do realize that this happens 24/7.
This is a major common issue for the industry.

I wish stores would all swipe ID's and have a method of verifying your Id with the state. This would remove 99% of criminals and allow me to walk in there every day and purchase 5k GC and no one would bat an eye.
If they make things so easy like CVS then it will end like CVS.. The amount of work and caution people have to put in only keeps this game away from every john and mike.. Even then, there are noobs everyday..
Old Apr 25, 2014, 10:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by thebat
He was arrested for buying gift cards with stolen/fraudulent CC's.

http://www.wfsb.com/story/25330742/n...gift-card-scam

That's all your going to hear now from WalMart and Staples managers. I wouldn't be surprised if the police are called next time I try to load up some Ink.
Criminals buy all sorts of things with stolen CCs. Maybe we won't be able to buy any goods at all now.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 11:08 am

Things like this are less of a problem if you build trust with cashiers and managers through months of successful transactions. I am always polite and if I have time I will let other customers go in between my multiple transactions. I was doing $5500 at a grocery store the other day and forgot it requires an override at $2500 since I usually do $2000 or less per card. They have a new GM but since I use the same cashier every time and she knew my history it was not a problem.

It won't override a corporate memo stating cash only but it helps when you scale up and need to do larger amounts.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 11:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Chase Ultimate Rewards 2MM, Diner Club points
Originally Posted by nmp0
It won't override a corporate memo stating cash only but it helps when you scale up and need to do larger amounts.
Yes what you're doing will help if there's only a memo (best buy for example). But not if it's hard coded into the registers.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 12:14 pm

Programs: United 1K, Globalist Hyatt, Plat Marriott
Originally Posted by Churnman
Note to self: do not look like this criminal when going into store to buy gift cards. No double ponytail, no dreads, no pants-falling-down-past-butt look.
I thought the best strategy was to try to blend in with the shoppers and workers at Walmart?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.