Wiki Posts
Search

Bank Call about MS activity

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14, 2014, 8:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TheGreatMongo
meant to say "was not illegal".

also we all know you can't buy mo with cc, no reason for me to explain that.
Did I say any explanation needed?

I said to edit the typo - there are 2. Isn't CC a typo?
Old Apr 14, 2014, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

false call.

Last edited by TheGreatMongo; Apr 14, 2014 at 10:49 pm
Old Apr 14, 2014, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by 3ZeroT
Since when does a (closed) deposit account ever show up at all on your *credit* report?
Chex systems is a Credit Reporting Agency that provides reports on deposit accounts

https://www.consumerdebit.com/consum...s/en/index.htm

HOWEVER if there is no loss to the institution exceeding $100 it should not be reported to Chex over $100 it remains for 7 years and an account marked as suspected fraud or account abuse is likely to cause problems.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 9:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, UA, AS, DL, BA, F9, IHG Plat, HH Gold, CC Gold, SPG Gold, MR Silver
Originally Posted by Cdnblue
What about Amex? Has anyone mailed in $10k to Amex in a MO and had eyebrows raised? I like this approach as it drains my cards fast and easy. And, as long as the CC companies aren't suspicious,then I'm a go!
I would avoid MO's to any cc issuer, as there have been reports of shut downs and it is better to stay under the radar. Furthermore, think of the headaches if the MO's are lost in mail and the stop payment fees would be quite substantial on 10 MO's.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 10:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TheGreatMongo
crawled out of the wrong side of the bed? ... is your problem. please do not comment if you have nothing to add.
You are here asking for advice. His request was reasonable -- if you want people to help, your situation should be clear so that they can understand it.

People tend not to want to help those who lash out.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 10:44 pm

Slightly off topic, but it always irks me when people describe MS as "abusing" or "exploiting" CCs.

It is neither abuse or exploitation. Children and old people get abused and exploited.

Business get our money and we get a product or service. It's a professional relationship. There is nothing abusive or exploitative about using your business relationship to earn a profit. that is the nature of business.

Back on topic, the OP is quite naive in this game if he did 20k MO in 2 months on a new account. that's just asking to get noticed by risk management. was that your intention? there's probably 20 banks within walking or 5 minute driving distance of your house. diversify and ramp up gradually.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by skibum7732
I would avoid MO's to any cc issuer, as there have been reports of shut downs and it is better to stay under the radar. Furthermore, think of the headaches if the MO's are lost in mail and the stop payment fees would be quite substantial on 10 MO's.
Ya, I would never mail MOs to pay cc-if lost/misplaced, it would be a major PITA. I've paid my cc using MOs at a branch though.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 11:02 pm

Programs: US GP, *G, HHonors Gold, SPG
Originally Posted by skibum7732
Amex is a bit frustrating to pay since you cannot BP or pay via debit, and many folks are hesitant to pay via BB/Serve since they are both Amex products. That said, I think lots of MO deposits are an invitation to FR as there are plenty of shutdown reports from Chase and BOA due to too many MOs to pay cc.

I've stopped MOing as much as possible and am now BPing my non Amex bills. Way less risk overall. When I have to, I run my MOs through my CU where I bank (VERY limited membership), and they have explicitly told me what I am doing is fine but they want no more than $15K per month. The CU knows me, and I direct deposit there as well. Still the riskiest part of the GC-MO cycle is cashing out MOs. No other link in the chain comes close.
Old Apr 14, 2014, 11:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Ah, how I love posters who just go and delete all their posts when they don't like the legitimate answers they got.

Why would ANYONE ever want to help you in any way, Mongo?
Old Apr 14, 2014, 11:19 pm

WhadImiss?
Old Apr 14, 2014, 11:40 pm

<strike>this thread is awesome!</strike>

false call.

Last edited by turnpike13; Apr 15, 2014 at 12:14 am
Old Apr 28, 2014, 6:56 am

i tell all my banks that i buy and sell tickets on stubhub. this is an excellent story and it explains the paypal ACHs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.