Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Walgreens cash only for GC ?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2014, 6:55 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by nemlich22
You're so welcoming. I've read countless threads on here and elsewhere, thank you.

Let me summarize my inquiries further for you:
1. What would cause all 3 stores to suddenly stop allow credit card sales at once?
2. What are the drawbacks to using GiftCardMall online? It seems people prefer purchasing in person on here, is there a reason besides speed?
1. Likely someone in Vegas burned a store with a stolen CC and now they're being overly cautious and only taking cash
Old Jun 17, 2014, 8:19 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Stoughton
1. Likely someone in Vegas burned a store with a stolen CC and now they're being overly cautious and only taking cash
probably, but LV isnt a 1 street town or a 1 neighborhood town. I ran into the same problem with the closest CV to me but the others in different areas ( a few mins extra driving) no problems

Highly doubtful that Summerlin and Henderson will all be KOed
Old Jun 17, 2014, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by MaineCoon
What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.

The rest of the country is just fine buying VGCs from Walgreens.

I personally did not bother to go to CVS lately, being offended by their new policy on VRs, but other folks report having no prob buying VGCs from them.
At least in my area, Walgreens stopped taking cc's for VR well before CVS did. So why does CVS offend you more than Walgreens!
Old Jun 17, 2014, 6:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by silver6054
At least in my area, Walgreens stopped taking cc's for VR well before CVS did. So why does CVS offend you more than Walgreens!
Wish my area Walgreen's carried VRs because I'd like to try a purchase with CC. The only reloadable item they carry is PP MyCash and they take CC for those.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by silver6054
AFAIK, it's been a long time like this for VRs.

I thought we were talking about VGCs here.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 7:40 pm

AFAIK, it's been a long time like this for VRs.

I thought we were talking about VGCs here.
My OP is talking about VGCs.

Just an update: tried a 4th Walgreens today and finally had success. Bought 2x$500 VGC. The cashier called her manager for approval and then checked my ID/CC closely.

Any reason why they wouldn't allow purchase of these with a CC? Anyone know the single purchase limit at Walgreens before having to fill out paperwork?
Old Jun 17, 2014, 7:49 pm
Suspended

My OP is talking about VGCs.

Just an update: tried a 4th Walgreens today and finally had success. Bought 2x$500 VGC. The cashier called her manager for approval and then checked my ID/CC closely.

Any reason why they wouldn't allow purchase of these with a CC? Anyone know the single purchase limit at Walgreens before having to fill out paperwork?
I've never tried for more than 2x$500 since some stores/cashiers enforce the $500 per day limit which is WG corporate policy. Someone in another thread contacted WG about it and they confirmed the daily purchase limit is $500. I don't want to push it when I've got CVSs near by if I need volume. My future WG purchases will likely be limited to PP MyCash reloads since I've been able to get them with a CC.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 8:32 pm

Originally Posted by payeco
I've never tried for more than 2x$500 since some stores/cashiers enforce the $500 per day limit which is WG corporate policy. Someone in another thread contacted WG about it and they confirmed the daily purchase limit is $500.
This.

Still I can grab 2 from some, I just have to go to the different register.

One noisy cashier asked me: "why do you need so many?"

LOL. I made in 2 minutes as much as she makes in 5 hours. Of course i didn't tell her that.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 9:21 pm

This.

Still I can grab 2 from some, I just have to go to the different register.

One noisy cashier asked me: "why do you need so many?"

LOL. I made in 2 minutes as much as she makes in 5 hours. Of course i didn't tell her that.
At $5.95/card how are you making a good profit off of these? My current motivation is just to meet minimum spend requirements, but I'd love to be able to profit from the process if possible.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 9:32 pm
Suspended

At $5.95/card how are you making a good profit off of these? My current motivation is just to meet minimum spend requirements, but I'd love to be able to profit from the process if possible.
$5.95? My PP MyCash reloads are $3.95. Anyway, I profit by using a CC with 5% cash back at drug stores. $21.25 in profit per $500 card. 8x$500 a month x3 PayPal accounts is $510 in profit. I've got so many WGs in my area I can get enough PP reloads in 2-3 days to meet my monthly maximum.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 12:37 pm

$5.95? My PP MyCash reloads are $3.95. Anyway, I profit by using a CC with 5% cash back at drug stores. $21.25 in profit per $500 card. 8x$500 a month x3 PayPal accounts is $510 in profit. I've got so many WGs in my area I can get enough PP reloads in 2-3 days to meet my monthly maximum.
What determines your monthly maximum? Sorry, not familiar with the Paypal approach.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 3:02 pm

What determines your monthly maximum? Sorry, not familiar with the Paypal approach.
Paypal accounts have a 4K monthly maximum on reload cards, rolling limit.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 3:33 pm

Programs: 1&2
Originally Posted by brc01
Paypal accounts have a 4K monthly maximum on reload cards, rolling limit.
per account.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 3:48 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, MR, UR, Cash Back!
I've never tried for more than 2x$500 since some stores/cashiers enforce the $500 per day limit which is WG corporate policy. Someone in another thread contacted WG about it and they confirmed the daily purchase limit is $500. I don't want to push it when I've got CVSs near by if I need volume. My future WG purchases will likely be limited to PP MyCash reloads since I've been able to get them with a CC.
I got tagged today for only being allowed to buy 1 card. It was an older lady who sounded kinda .....y. I didn't argue just purchased one, drove down the street a few blocks to another WG's and purchased my second. She asked to see my ID and referenced my receipt, not sure why. She never asked to see the card I paid with.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 3:49 pm

5% of the $500 = $25-$4.95=$20.05.

For 1 minute of work it is not bad.

For 10 minutes it is cool $200.

Of course there is time spent liquidating those, so let's say $200 for 30 min.

Still not bad for me.

Your definition of the good profit might be different. Maybe $200 in 30 minutes is a pocket change for you, I do not know.

Last edited by MaineCoon; Jun 18, 2014 at 6:58 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.