Last edit by: Alcibiades
MS therapists at your service
Print Wikipost

Coping with MS Life after CVS era

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2014, 2:47 pm
Original Poster

Coping with MS Life after CVS era

My goto CVS is now cash only. I started this MS business a couple months ago and was finally settling down with an easy method to attain my goal of $1000 a month. That method is thrown out the window, since the CVS policy changes. Now, to attain that I believe there will be more work put into it like buying gift card>Walmart Billpay/MO. I might just do it for the bonus points now.

What about you guys? I guess the experienced ones have back-up plans.

One question for the old-timer that have been doing this for a while. Does history repeat itself as in there will be an easy/lucrative method after some time?
Old Apr 2, 2014, 2:52 pm

There are other opportunities now and there will be new opportunities in the future. So long as there are credit cards, there will be someone accepting credit cards in a way that generates low cost points. Good luck!
Old Apr 2, 2014, 2:55 pm

AP is $1k/mo without fees. Just get a trusted friend or two involved.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 2:56 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold, UA Premier Executive, Hertz 5*
History has seemed to keep repeating itself, you just have to know where to look. About a year ago this same thing was happening with Office Depot and it was very similar. Then CVS started actually stocking VRs and upped their limits to $5k and voila.

The last 10 years or so have seen opportunities like this come and go. Many would say the best were back in the day of 0% balance transfers and high return rewards checking accounts when you could take out a bunch of BTs, plop them in a rewards checking, make your few micro transactions and rake in the money.

Or the Mint.

Countless examples that are so good that they get too big, then they go away, it's a huge deal, everyone thinks the world is ending, then other opportunities come up.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by deadlycfx
My goto CVS is now cash only. I started this MS business a couple months ago and was finally settling down with an easy method to attain my goal of $1000 a month. That method is thrown out the window, since the CVS policy changes. Now, to attain that I believe there will be more work put into it like buying gift card>Walmart Billpay/MO. I might just do it for the bonus points now.

What about you guys? I guess the experienced ones have back-up plans.

One question for the old-timer that have been doing this for a while. Does history repeat itself as in there will be an easy/lucrative method after some time?
You have the solution right in front of you but are too afraid to take advantage of it.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 3:15 pm

As someone who is relatively new to MS (3 months) that has quickly ramped up his MS to 40K+ a month, CVS was too cut and dry to last. And frankly, it won't change my MS - I have VR opportunities elsewhere. As more and more people become aware of the ability to exploit something, it is only natural for the exploited to become acutely aware of what is going on. CVS was too easy.

I think new MS opportunities will come and go, but I think over time the value provided will fall or the time necessary to MS effectively will increase.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 5:35 pm

Programs: AA L.T. PLT
VR's / CVS Totals

Now that the party is over, let's see what the big board says...

13 months = $187,000
Old Apr 2, 2014, 5:38 pm

I did about 440k in 13 months, and 100k in the last 2.. I was beginning to really ramp up when the hog got slaughtered. I even mentioned in the CVS thread I had a "feeling" this was ending soon, so had to get while the getting was good.

Chalk one up to my growing MS intuition.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 5:41 pm

24 months = 1 VR
Old Apr 2, 2014, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by horseymen
I did about 440k in 13 months, and 100k in the last 2.. I was beginning to really ramp up when the hog got slaughtered. I even mentioned in the CVS thread I had a "feeling" this was ending soon, so had to get while the getting was good.

I really cannot imagine how do you cash all this much money out! It is INSANE!
Old Apr 2, 2014, 5:57 pm

1 year = $500.00
Old Apr 2, 2014, 6:01 pm

I spent more than anyone on this board
Old Apr 2, 2014, 6:06 pm

1 month = 5k
Old Apr 2, 2014, 6:12 pm

Originally Posted by horseymen

Patient zero!!
Old Apr 2, 2014, 6:15 pm

I got my Citi TYP card last May and started really slow (and had low CL). I picked up the pace recently, topping out at $15K for March. I was supposed to go nuts in April and May, but looks like I won't get my chance.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.