Wiki Posts
Search

How often do you Cash out on CB?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 24, 2014, 4:48 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt, SPG, IHG
How often do you Cash out on CB?

Just wondering how often for you people that rather have cash back, then points for cash out? Do you have them applies to your statement, or mail you a check?
Old Mar 24, 2014, 5:13 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

As fast as I can! Usually with my AMEX BCP, I just put everything within the $25 increments into the next statement. No dollar goes wasted over here for more than a month! Otherwise, I use purely point-based CC's.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by healthnut
As fast as I can! Usually with my AMEX BCP, I just put everything within the $25 increments into the next statement. No dollar goes wasted over here for more than a month! Otherwise, I use purely point-based CC's.
Is this because you are afraid you might get shut down and the need to dump the CB into statement credit ASAP?
Old Mar 24, 2014, 5:19 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ericdabbs
Is this because you are afraid you might get shut down and the need to dump the CB into statement credit ASAP?
Nope, I just use it mostly for department stores now. Waiting until I can downgrade the card anyway. I've hit all the limits...
Old Mar 24, 2014, 5:38 pm

I used to do CB. More value though in transferring points though so I've stopped doing so. Planning a stay at Swan and Dolphin this fall. At 10k points for a $200 / night room, it's better than cashing out 1 for 1.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 6:05 pm

Programs: HH Gold (again), US/UA/DL non-elite, ZE Presidents Circle, WN reluctant no fee convert.
Originally Posted by healthnut
As fast as I can! Usually with my AMEX BCP, I just put everything within the $25 increments into the next statement.
^ but I have the bonus mailed to me in a check.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 6:52 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold,
Originally Posted by Shuai Zeng
Just wondering how often for you people that rather have cash back, then points for cash out? Do you have them applies to your statement, or mail you a check?
Once a month direct deposit. Discover CB
Old Mar 24, 2014, 7:44 pm

As soon as the statement hits and the points post, they're either being applied as a credit or cashed out. You never know when AA is going to hit, so why risk it? I've had cards I hit hard and once the promo was over (Chase AARP 5% on anything) say 6 months later get shut down when they finally got around to reviewing.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by warpork
As soon as the statement hits and the points post, they're either being applied as a credit or cashed out. You never know when AA is going to hit, so why risk it? I've had cards I hit hard and once the promo was over (Chase AARP 5% on anything) say 6 months later get shut down when they finally got around to reviewing.
Sorry what is AA?
Old Mar 24, 2014, 8:04 pm

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Originally Posted by ericdabbs
Sorry what is AA?
Adverse Action.
Old Mar 24, 2014, 9:29 pm

Programs: Hilton-Gold
As soon as possible with Wells Fargo, BC and Top Cash Back. I generally wait for Amex Blue Cash cards(i don't hit them hard for MS yet).
Old Mar 25, 2014, 8:03 am

I don't have any cashback cards so never
Old Mar 25, 2014, 10:17 am

Not soon enough...Barclay has a bunch of my miles held hostage. Citi tried to pull it with me but a CFPB complaint worked in my favor but only because they had already sent me a check in the mail and put a stop payment on it.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 10:42 am

Programs: United Airlines Premier, Starwood Gold Preferred Guest, Hyatt Gold Passport, Club Carlson Gold
As soon as possible! I just don't see any good reason not to unless you're saving up for a different redemption option.
Old Mar 25, 2014, 10:48 am

Discover I tend to wait for their occasional special bonus redemption.
AMEX BC - ASAP.
Chase Freedom - I tend to wait for their rare bonus redemption.
Citi - ASAP.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.