Wiki Posts
Search

$20 Staples GC after 300$ MC GC

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2014, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

$20 Staples GC after 300$ MC GC

MasterCard Gift Cards - Next weeks Deal at Staples.. See Page 12

Get a $20StaplesŪ Gift Card after easy rebate when you buy $300 or more of MasterCard Gift Cards

Not sure if we can get more than 1 Staple GC.. But still it will cover the fees

P.S. My first post

Last edited by xazwa; Mar 22, 2014 at 12:41 pm Reason: Corrections
Old Mar 22, 2014, 12:45 pm

Congrats on our first post. Unfortunately this deal is limited to 1 per person.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 12:47 pm

Programs: EMT-P
Originally Posted by xazwa
MasterCard Gift Cards - Next weeks Deal at Staples.. See Page 12

Get a $20StaplesŪ Gift Card after easy rebate when you buy $300 or more of MasterCard Gift Cards

Not sure if we can get more than 1 Staple GC.. But still it will cover the fees

P.S. My first post
Welcome to FT!

thanks!
Old Mar 22, 2014, 12:58 pm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...3-23-29-a.html
Old Mar 22, 2014, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by redbirdsj
Congrats on our first post. Unfortunately this deal is limited to 1 per person.
Probably a YMMV depend on store. MSer's don't let limits deter them from trying.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 3:24 pm

The $15 is via rebate, so unless you have access to several addresses you can't scale this.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 3:44 pm

Duplicate of earlier thread

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...3-23-29-a.html
Old Mar 22, 2014, 3:56 pm

Staples discount is not attractive enough.

Discover cash back offers staples $25 gift cards for $20. So saving $5 on redeeming $20 works out to be 25% discount.
Old Mar 22, 2014, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by Nishant1
Staples discount is not attractive enough.

Discover cash back offers staples $25 gift cards for $20. So saving $5 on redeeming $20 works out to be 25% discount.
If you want to think about it that way, you are paying $13.90 for the $20 Staples GC, which is a better deal. (I think about it as discount to face, you are getting a 20% discount to face value with Discover, this is just over 30%.) Stop and thINK about the additional benefits of this deal.
Old Mar 23, 2014, 2:13 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Originally Posted by RedTeam10
The $15 is via rebate, so unless you have access to several addresses you can't scale this.
Don't forget unique everything, name, address, phone, email etc. Their rebate system is quite picky.
Old Mar 26, 2014, 8:30 pm

Hi everyone, new poster here!

I've been doing a lot of reading on MS recently and have been doing the CC churn game for a few years now. Just recently came across the Staples/OD/OM ink recycling program and wanted to get some ideas of how to:

a) get to the Staples $1000 annual spend for Plus Rewards (sounds like GCs are not eligible purchases, and the idea of buying 3 32gb ipod touches and reselling on Amazon for a $10 loss seems like a lot of work)
b) use Staples Rewards. If they issue rewards each month and the rewards expire after only two months, it seems like you won't be getting much more than $80 in Staples rewards to spend at a time. Are you guys using these rewards to buy normal stuff, or to buy things to resell on Amazon/Ebay, or am I missing something? Doesn't seem like we could accumulate enough Staples Rewards to buy things like tablets or laptops outright.

Thanks for any and all advice!!
Old Mar 27, 2014, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by SCarterGW
Hi everyone, new poster here!

I've been doing a lot of reading on MS recently and have been doing the CC churn game for a few years now. Just recently came across the Staples/OD/OM ink recycling program and wanted to get some ideas of how to:

a) get to the Staples $1000 annual spend for Plus Rewards (sounds like GCs are not eligible purchases, and the idea of buying 3 32gb ipod touches and reselling on Amazon for a $10 loss seems like a lot of work)
b) use Staples Rewards. If they issue rewards each month and the rewards expire after only two months, it seems like you won't be getting much more than $80 in Staples rewards to spend at a time. Are you guys using these rewards to buy normal stuff, or to buy things to resell on Amazon/Ebay, or am I missing something? Doesn't seem like we could accumulate enough Staples Rewards to buy things like tablets or laptops outright.

Thanks for any and all advice!!
Once you hit $500 out of pocket, rewards expire after 6 months. Staples has free after rebate items typically every week that'll help you gt there. I would encourage you to visit another deal site (initials SD) as they have a good wiki on Staples.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 4:36 am

Originally Posted by nuclfusion
Once you hit $500 out of pocket, rewards expire after 6 months. Staples has free after rebate items typically every week that'll help you gt there. I would encourage you to visit another deal site (initials SD) as they have a good wiki on Staples.
Rewards still expire 2 months. It's when you hit Premier that you have 6 months to use rewards.

Last edited by envoy245; May 4, 2014 at 4:53 pm
Old Mar 27, 2014, 4:52 am

Originally Posted by envoy245
Stapling is lucrative hobby -- though the deals and coupons are starting to slow down. It's fairly easy to hit Plus and Premier by buying their Free after Rebate stuff without needing to buy pricey gadgets. You can actually make money with FAR deals without having to resell it. I don't buy paper unless I'm paid to buy it.

I use rewards to buy FAR stuff to turn the rewards into real $. But time to time, I will save up rewards if I want to buy an Apple toy.

Staples has also a large selection of things outside of just office supplies. My purchases include household items like bathroom cleaners, paper towels, bottled water (all delivered to house for free). The trick is finding deals on these.

I started Stapling late last year -- stumbled upon it when I have a large amount of Staples GC's that I received from credit card points. I came upon SD and FW. I ended up buying an Apple toy. Ironically, I have since bought more than another $400 in Staples GC's.

Stapling is quite addictive. I find myself shopping there 1 to 2 times a week.

Plus lets you recycle 20 ink cartridges, but your rewards still expire 2 months. It's when you hit Premier that you have 6 months to use rewards.
Yep yep, you're right, sorry. 6 months is only for premier. But I agree.. the deals have definitely slowed down considerably. Haven't seen a good software deal to cash out in a long time.
Old Mar 27, 2014, 6:57 am

Thanks for the advice everyone!

At the risk of appearing lazy, could I quickly ask you if you have had any luck combining reward certificates from your account with that of your SO? Is that subject to YMMV, or banned outright? (I'm sure there are multiple data points in the FW and SD forums, but I hope you'll excuse my forum fatigue after reading 5000+ posts on the likes of ISIS/Serve and Citi Cee Vee Ess Q1 5x promotions in the last week. Thanks again!)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.