Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

loyal3 free stock trades with credit/debit card

Old Apr 10, 2014, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MasterCharge
Limits

As of November 20th, 2014, Loyal3 does not allows purchases of $10, $25 and $50 with a credit card.

Maximum purchase generally limited to $10,000 per IPO and $2,500 per month per non-IPO stock.
No Cash Advance:
Bank of America Virgin Atlantic
Bank of America Alaska Air
Barclaycard Arrival
Capital One (All Cards)
Citi Platinum AAdvantage Visa
Chase Hyatt
Chase Freedom
Chase Marriott
Chase Sapphire Preferred
Chase United MileagePlus Explorer
Chase United Business
US Bank Flex Perks

Cash Advance:
*Data Needed

Placing Orders

- Make sure when you place an order, the funding source is selected as your CC and not the Checking account that it defaults too. Loyal3 won't cancel the buy order, and some have suggested the only way is to put a stop on the amount by contacting your bank.

Current Stocks Available for Trade

*A total of sixty-two (62) as of 10/14/2014
  1. NASDAQ: FOX
  2. NASDAQ: AMZN
  3. NASDAQ: AAPL
  4. NASDAQ: ATVI
  5. NASDAQ: BWLD
  6. NASDAQ: DISCA
  7. NASDAQ: DNKN
  8. NASDAQ: EA
  9. NASDAQ: EIGI
  10. NASDAQ: FB
  11. NASDAQ: FTR
  12. NASDAQ: GPRO
  13. NASDAQ: GOOGL
  14. NASDAQ: HAS
  15. NASDAQ: INTC
  16. NASDAQ: KRFT
  17. NASDAQ: MAT
  18. NASDAQ: MSFT
  19. NASDAQ: MDLZ
  20. NASDAQ: MNST
  21. NASDAQ: PLAY
  22. NASDAQ: SBUX
  23. NASDAQ: VIAB
  24. NASDAQ: YHOO
  25. NYSE: GLOB
  26. NYSE: AMC
  27. NYSE: ANF
  28. NYSE: ARO
  29. NYSE: AEO
  30. NYSE: BABA
  31. NYSE: BUD
  32. NYSE: BRK.B
  33. NYSE: BBY
  34. NYSE: BKW
  35. NYSE: KO
  36. NYSE: DIS
  37. NYSE: DPS
  38. NYSE: GPS
  39. NYSE: HSY
  40. NYSE: HUBS
  41. NYSE: KATE
  42. NYSE: K
  43. NYSE: KSS
  44. NYSE: LB
  45. NYSE: M
  46. NYSE: MCD
  47. NYSE: NKE
  48. NYSE: NOK
  49. NYSE: PVH
  50. NYSE: PEP
  51. NYSE: ZQK
  52. NYSE: RL
  53. NYSE: SC
  54. NYSE: TGT
  55. NYSE: TWX
  56. NYSE: TRUP
  57. NYSE: TWTR
  58. NYSE: UL
  59. NYSE: VFC
  60. NYSE: WMT
  61. NYSE: WWE
  62. NYSE: YUM

IPO's for Trade Now

Print Wikipost

loyal3 free stock trades with credit/debit card

Old Oct 8, 2014, 9:10 am

Have been working this for past two weeks. I have been loading with Barclays Arrival+, about $300-$500 per day - but not everyday, have started selling some stuff too - total sales around $500 so far. My total balance is about 3K right now. I have been happy just collecting my 2.22% on Arrival+ and whatever price differential when I sell.

Next stop would be to move to OVs using OBC. That would net 4% after fees for a round trip +/- any price differential. I am just concerned about changing debit card info after every 10 transactions for a new OV - and wondering whether that would raise a red flag.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 8:28 pm

anyone have problem processing the order using credit card? I transferred all my fund to my checking account on 10/08 and placed an order of $50*10 using cc but it hasn't been posted by today. And this is the first time I used cc to buy stock after adding a checking account
Old Oct 15, 2014, 3:53 pm

Just got the frozen email today. Was doing $500 on 10/08, 10/13 and 10/15.
not sure why
Old Oct 21, 2014, 11:17 am

Programs: USAir, UA, AA, BA, Hyatt, HHonors, SPG, Marriott, IHG
Ahhhh... the beauty of dollar cost averaging.... anyone else still playing this game after the market shakeout of the past few weeks? Still sitting on losses in a couple of the stocks, but others coming back nicely and turning a profit as a result of averaging down daily last week!
Old Oct 21, 2014, 11:43 am

Just started up again with the Ink Plus.

Still sitting on losses from TWX and SBUX from earlier (might have been a good idea to hold those, shows that I keep stocks longer than a month)

Usually did 10x $50 in the past but have been doing 6x $50 per day (6 different stocks) to stay somewhat under the radar
Old Oct 21, 2014, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by gunner725
Just started up again with the Ink Plus.

Still sitting on losses from TWX and SBUX from earlier (might have been a good idea to hold those, shows that I keep stocks longer than a month)

Usually did 10x $50 in the past but have been doing 6x $50 per day (6 different stocks) to stay somewhat under the radar
6x $50 per day for +/- 2 months here, selling 1-2x individual stock each month. No compliance warning to date. Would like to change the CC used, but a little nervous that may raise a red flag for account review...
Old Oct 21, 2014, 12:17 pm

I've switched the card about 4 times and still haven't received any warnings. When I usually switch it, I stay on that one for a month a two so that might be why.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by gunner725
I've switched the card about 4 times and still haven't received any warnings. When I usually switch it, I stay on that one for a month a two so that might be why.
^

Thanks, just jumped in and switched CC
Old Oct 21, 2014, 12:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
I've switched over 5 times now, cashed out a few times, but do hold onto certain stocks.
Old Oct 21, 2014, 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by FreshFalcon
Here to offer a data point:

$4500 Loaded into Loyal3 over the last two weeks. Only buy, never sell, would have put the money into brokerage stocks anyway.

$500/day done as ten transactions of $50. A day's load takes about a minute. I always load around 12PST or late evening.

Almost completely OV because when I view the visavanilla.com the purchases on the card show to be "Debit."

I tried a few VanillaVisa GCs and they seem to get run as "Credit." Loyal3 saves more when you can make them run as debit, so please USE ONEVANILLAS. They're also a buck cheaper when you buy with our favorite credit card.

I have never loaded with a real credit card, and have bought about 20% of my shares in their GoPro and Frontier (they have hearts on them, and buying hearted stocks supports Loyal3)

I made an expiration date entry error and had 10 declines when I woke up one morning. I also had 1 other decline when I did bad math.

Never had any issues. Last week I received an email that I think was probably sent globally, it said I could "expedite my stock purchases by connecting a bank account." I had a hearty laugh imagining a CSR viewing my record and imagining me as some old guy that didn't know how to add a bank.
Updating my data point:
Shortly after this post I started doubling down and doing 2 OVs per day. $1000 per day. Account balance about $15000 now, 20% of the stocks in "loyal3 heart" stocks. No warning yet; unfortunate about the market drop, hopefully expecting a rally soon. Still no sells.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 3:08 pm

My GOOG purchase on 10/20 9a PST went through today at $546.96. I'm wondering how this is possible when the price never even crossed $540 the past few days? Anyone else? Is there some built in fees for certain stocks? The rest of the purchases priced around expected.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by frudd38
My GOOG purchase on 10/20 9a PST went through today at $546.96. I'm wondering how this is possible when the price never even crossed $540 the past few days? Anyone else? Is there some built in fees for certain stocks? The rest of the purchases priced around expected.
Google has two classes of shares. Loyal3 has access to GOOGL, which trades separately from GOOG. GOOGL has traded as high as $550 today.

I assume when you say you purchased it on 10/20, that means you hit the buy button on that date. I did too, and my order was processed today for $546.96 too.

Keep in mind that the purchase does not go through until the funds have cleared from your CC.
Old Oct 22, 2014, 3:18 pm

Originally Posted by frudd38
If you check your transactions it should tell you the date the trade went in exactly with the number of shares and purchase price. This sounds like you "initiated" the trade on the 20th, but it didn't process till 2 days later (typically 2-3 days with cc).
Old Oct 22, 2014, 3:37 pm

Originally Posted by dboston1
Google has two classes of shares. Loyal3 has access to GOOGL, which trades separately from GOOG. GOOGL has traded as high as $550 today.

I assume when you say you purchased it on 10/20, that means you hit the buy button on that date. I did too, and my order was processed today for $546.96 too.

Keep in mind that the purchase does not go through until the funds have cleared from your CC.
Thanks, exactly the response I was looking for. Didn't know it was GOOGL instead of GOOG.

Originally Posted by jimmybond
If you check your transactions it should tell you the date the trade went in exactly with the number of shares and purchase price. This sounds like you "initiated" the trade on the 20th, but it didn't process till 2 days later (typically 2-3 days with cc).
Yes I know that I as I stated purchased 10/20 and processed today. The price of GOOG was never even above $540 the last few days, but the poster above noted they purchase GOOGL instead.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 12:46 pm

Thumbs down this is dead as of 11-18-14

"We've had an amazing 2014, introducing more IPOs to the general public than ever before - with brands such as Santander Consumer USA, GoPro and Dave & Buster's. And we've added many new stocks, including most recently, Kraft Foods.

Through the success, we've also learned a lot about how people use LOYAL3. Credit cards have become a common method for people "gaming" LOYAL3 to gain credit card points and not for the purpose of investing. This increases our costs and subtracts from our mission of making it easy, affordable and fee-free for people to invest in the brands they love.

In order to put an end to the "gaming" of LOYAL3, and to maintain fee-free investing, on Tuesday, 11/18/2014, we will be removing credit and debit cards from the LOYAL3 platform. Automatic Monthly Plans (monthly recurring investments) using credit and debit cards will continue to be active until Thursday, 12/11/2014, to allow time to switch over to ACH (checking account transfers).

Setting up ACH instructions takes a couple minutes. You'll need your checking account and routing numbers: both can be found on a check, as shown below."

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.