Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Experience with fraud on purchasing gift cards via marketplaces (ebay, raise, card..)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Experience with fraud on purchasing gift cards via marketplaces (ebay, raise, card..)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2016, 12:55 pm

Has anyone tried to sell GCs on one of these sites? If you sell it through Ebay you have to pay ebay fees, paypal fees? Not sure what the selling fee would be for one these sites. The only drawback is, last time I wanted to sell eGC, they have a 30 day hold period or something for selling. I have bunch of WM physical GCs that I want to get rid of.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 3:36 pm

Programs: Military Space-A, UA Plat, AS MVP Gold 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat, HHonors Gold
I have sold on Cardpool with no problem. When a grocery near us had 4x fuel points on GCs or something like that, I occasionally bought a GC I had no need for and sold it on Cardpool. Always got the money without problem.
Originally Posted by nfpa70e
Has anyone tried to sell GCs on one of these sites? If you sell it through Ebay you have to pay ebay fees, paypal fees? Not sure what the selling fee would be for one these sites. The only drawback is, last time I wanted to sell eGC, they have a 30 day hold period or something for selling. I have bunch of WM physical GCs that I want to get rid of.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by BeyondtheWrap
I bought a $75 Subway GC on Raise.com earlier this month. When I tried to add the card to my Subway account, the site told me that the new card was frozen. I called Subway customer service and they told me that the card was involved in fraud, so they would not unfreeze it. I emailed Raise; they issued a refund and asked me to mail the card to them.
Subway is a bunch of morons with their cards. I get subway cards in my card rotation game all the time. I transfer the balance onto my points/cash card. Get the balance near $100....they freeze it. Transfer 2 cards in a row ($20 each) frozen. And they have no support on weekends. In my experience, the CSR doesn't have a clue why its frozen. I've figured it out by what I've done right before they freeze it. In all cases, the subway cards came purchased from brick and mortar stores.
Old Jan 23, 2022, 1:47 pm

Frustrating

I actually trying to sell a Ritz-Carlton gift card right now and Raise has a 45 day hold before they list the card for sell and I've been scammed with Cardcash previously. Trying Ebay now. Just want to sell the card. Not going to be traveling as much and income is significantly lower due to medical expenses. Scammers have ruined so much! I just want as much as I can get from a $126 REGISTERED gift card. Have the buy now at $85 on Ebay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.