Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Staples Order on Hold

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2019, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by MarcusBWI
I placed an order for a gift card through Staples.com recently. I got a call yesterday from (859) 647-5700. I looked it up, and it was Staples.

I didn't call back, but the next day they called me again and left a voicemail, saying the order was being placed on hold, with no further information.

Has anybody run into this issue? I'm going to call them back to check on what's happening, but I'm curious if anybody has experienced this before. I've spent about $2k on VGCs and Amex GCs over the past couple of months, but nothing extravagant. Just curious if this is something that Staples does on a regular basis or if they just really like me.
Same thing happened to me today on an order for two $25 gift cards for Uber. Someone from Staples called and left a VM a couple of hours after I placed the order. After I confirmed that the telephone number belonged to Staples, I called them back. They asked me to confirm my email address and physical address. They also asked me if anyone else had asked me to place the order on their behalf. I (truthfully) told them no. They then told me the order was approved.

I thought it was pretty strange to do all of that for a $50 gift card order.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.