Ribbon (similar to Venmo)

Old Mar 31, 2014, 9:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt, SPG, Hilton, AA, UA
Smile Still working for me...

Unloaded a OneVanilla and one of the Safeway US Bank $100 MasterCards via Ribbon today. Both registered via Zip Code before using them. No issues.
Old Apr 1, 2014, 8:10 am

cash outs taking longer and longer
Old Apr 1, 2014, 1:24 pm

Originally Posted by Fanfoot
Unloaded a OneVanilla and one of the Safeway US Bank $100 MasterCards via Ribbon today. Both registered via Zip Code before using them. No issues.
Do you have a friend/family member with an account that you're able to send to?

I was able to connect a VGC to my Ribbon account without an issue, but I think I need to send money to somebody rather than just cashing it out.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 12:38 pm

Cash out via credit card

I just got my Ribbon account but I see that you can cash out via a bank account OR a credit card. Has anyone chosen the credit card option? In other words, place the funds BACK into the credit card account used to purchase gift cards?

Also, why would you need another Ribbon account? Is it more advantageous to SEND money between two verified accounts as compared to using the http link to your account and sending money to yourself using a gift card?

Thanks
Old Apr 7, 2014, 9:41 pm

Originally Posted by jk77341
I just got my Ribbon account but I see that you can cash out via a bank account OR a credit card. Has anyone chosen the credit card option? In other words, place the funds BACK into the credit card account used to purchase gift cards?

Also, why would you need another Ribbon account? Is it more advantageous to SEND money between two verified accounts as compared to using the http link to your account and sending money to yourself using a gift card?

Thanks
I wasn't able to send money to myself. I needed a second account.

Last edited by MarcusBWI; Apr 8, 2014 at 1:20 pm
Old Apr 18, 2014, 10:59 am

Can someone PM me an invite?
Old Apr 22, 2014, 9:10 pm

Programs: DL PM
Just got my registration invite from Ribbon today. I think my tactic will be to use it to liquidate GCs but set up with one of my AP partners to do an A->B->A. Verification was pretty easy and didn't even require full SSN.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 4:19 am

Programs: SPG Plat. Marriott Plat. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Diamond. IHG Plat.
Got my invite last night. Haven't delved in how to use the service yet.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 5:28 am

Originally Posted by BHArt
Just got my registration invite from Ribbon today. I think my tactic will be to use it to liquidate GCs but set up with one of my AP partners to do an A->B->A. Verification was pretty easy and didn't even require full SSN.
Verification hung for me when generating identity questions, presumably from public records. I also wasnt able to connect any GCs.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 6:40 am

Programs: DL DI AA LTPL MAR LTPL HY GL
I'd like an invite as well.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 9:22 am

Programs: 1&2
GCs don't work. Also the person sending you money doesn't have to have an account.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 10:36 am

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by brero
GCs don't work. Also the person sending you money doesn't have to have an account.
Bummer on the GCs. With the 3% CC fee seems this might not be the most useful tool.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 9:58 pm

Just a heads up guys, it seems like they do not like Mastercard. After a month, they told me they could not process the transaction, said there was suspicious activities. I am wondering if this is just an isolated case with Mastercard.
Old Apr 29, 2014, 7:33 am

Programs: 1&2
Originally Posted by MountainManDuy
Just a heads up guys, it seems like they do not like Mastercard. After a month, they told me they could not process the transaction, said there was suspicious activities. I am wondering if this is just an isolated case with Mastercard.
Did they originally give you the money and then take it away or was the transaction pending for a month?
Old Apr 29, 2014, 9:00 am

Programs: UA silver
interesting, my PP debit won't sync with ribbon and that is a MC

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.