Ribbon (similar to Venmo)

Old Mar 11, 2014, 10:44 pm
Original Poster

Welp oh well, onto the next thing.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 3:45 pm

I tested out a rebate card, I will post my results as soon as I get them.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 4:56 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, ANA
Originally Posted by MountainManDuy
I tested out a rebate card, I will post my results as soon as I get them.
did you get the error that I posted? this shows up before you can even submit.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 5:45 pm

I actually did not receive that, however I think there are certain cards that are hardcoded like the ones you mentioned. I had two ribbon accounts, I sent it to another Ribbon account, and I withdrew it to my bank. I am just wanting for it to post before testing other rebate cards.

Originally Posted by vinyalwhl
did you get the error that I posted? this shows up before you can even submit.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 6:21 pm

I actually did not receive that, however I think there are certain cards that are hardcoded like the ones you mentioned. I had two ribbon accounts, I sent it to another Ribbon account, and I withdrew it to my bank. I am just wanting for it to post before testing other rebate cards.
Might be promising. Another avenue to cash out little rebate cards from Staples, etc.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 7:24 pm

When did you use the rebate card? A few weeks ago, they didn't block gift cards; they recently changed that.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 8:16 am

I did a test run yesterday. I had two Ribbon accounts set up. One I set up to my bank, one was not set up with a bank. Today I can confirmed it worked for a rebate card I received for Bitdefender. I will be doing more test runs on Amex rebate cards from Tiger Direct.

Originally Posted by sbft77
When did you use the rebate card? A few weeks ago, they didn't block gift cards; they recently changed that.
Old Mar 13, 2014, 6:17 pm

Programs: Hyatt, SPG, Hilton, AA, UA
I cashed out a Green Dot Prepaid $20 card (the ones in the plastic case that you have to spend all the time setting up as a permanent card). Did that on 3/4. After that was successful, I did a Vanilla VISA Gift Card from 7-ELEVEN (for the Chase Freedom quarterly bonus) on 3/7 for $500. That cleared as well. Not sure its relevant but with the VGC I went online and set up my ZIP code via vanillavisa.com or whatever.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 11:27 am

Thumbs up Vanilla VGC's work still

I added a Vanilla VISA gift card again today. Still works with no issue. NOTE: I went online at onevanilla.com and activated the card, also giving it my zip code. Since ribbon requires a zip code, I assume this is necessary.

I tried to do the same with a PayPower VISA (the "permanent" ones you can get at Safeway/VONS for $0 fee if they'll let you). You can set a PIN on these via the phone no issue. But I couldn't find a way to set a ZIP code without activating the card and entering all my info. And since they might have a limit on the number of these you can register or something, I don't feel like doing that.

Anyway, the PayPower did NOT reject during the initial number input, but when I pressed the SAVE button or whatever it wouldn't add, probably because the ZIP code wouldn't verify. So I suspect you can add these if you're willing to activate them online and enter all your info, whether real or imaginary.
Old Mar 17, 2014, 3:56 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
I did a test run yesterday. I had two Ribbon accounts set up. One I set up to my bank, one was not set up with a bank. Today I can confirmed it worked for a rebate card I received for Bitdefender. I will be doing more test runs on Amex rebate cards from Tiger Direct.
FWIW, AMEX TigerDirect rebate cards can be refunded as a check or ACH deposit.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 11:32 am

Exclamation 2nd $500 VGC cleared quickly in a month.

I had to send them a copy of my DL to do more than $500 in a month. You may not feel comfortable with that.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 11:02 pm

After sending them my driver's license the 2nd $500 this month cleared in a day. New limit is $10,000 per month.
Old Mar 20, 2014, 12:31 pm

Yeah, I have stacks of the rebate card and have received refund as a check. Just do not want to be on the phone for awhile is all.

Originally Posted by kxc262
FWIW, AMEX TigerDirect rebate cards can be refunded as a check or ACH deposit.
Old Mar 30, 2014, 8:35 pm

Edit: answered

Last edited by MarcusBWI; Apr 8, 2014 at 1:20 pm
Old Mar 31, 2014, 10:06 am

Programs: UA silver
How long does it take for ribbon to update? I've referred several people but is still says I'm in group 3.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.