Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$15 Off $250 Visa GC@OM 3/2-8

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2014, 6:40 am

Originally Posted by FlightNurse
Why are you purchasing so many cards? If you don't see the $200 VGC ask them, there are more inside the rack.. When I asked for more, the clerk opened the rack and they had about 100 more $200 VGC..
He told me thats all he had left. It's VERY rare I find $200 GCs at this OM. Theres a Target in the same center so I peek in every time I go but I'm usually not lucky. I don't buy unless theres $200 but did this time since I was getting some of the fee back.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 6:51 am

Programs: A few
Anyone know if the big has been fixed this morning?
Old Mar 3, 2014, 7:56 am

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Anyone know if the big has been fixed this morning?
Nope. Just went in and had to do a payout. They had also run out of $200 GCs (only 3 left), so I got $100s and the manager refunded half the fees. Made a few extra bucks there. Despite the hassle, was able to convince them to give me $1800.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by redbirdsj
Nope. Just went in and had to do a payout. They had also run out of $200 GCs (only 3 left), so I got $100s and the manager refunded half the fees. Made a few extra bucks there. Despite the hassle, was able to convince them to give me $1800.
Promotion was still not fixed as of 1230 PM east coast. I went in there and the manager quickly recognized me and said sternly, "ONLY 2 PER CUSTOMER.." Gawd, what kind of Office Max managers do you guys deal with? You must have either really sweet talked them into "max betting" that much or they just don't care about upholding company policies. Anyways, nice hit. It's gonna be a pain in the butt to liquidate all those $200 cards.. :/
Old Mar 3, 2014, 11:51 am

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by HustleALLday
Promotion was still not fixed as of 1230 PM east coast. I went in there and the manager quickly recognized me and said sternly, "ONLY 2 PER CUSTOMER.." Gawd, what kind of Office Max managers do you guys deal with? You must have either really sweet talked them into "max betting" that much or they just don't care about upholding company policies. Anyways, nice hit. It's gonna be a pain in the butt to liquidate all those $200 cards.. :/
Their PR guys on Twitter/Facebook are claiming promo is now fixed
Old Mar 3, 2014, 11:58 am

I confirmed it's fixed, bought 3 $200 for $590.95. Coupon scan worked.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Also fixed in California. Was able to buy $1K, and the register took $60 off. Only wish there were more cards!
Old Mar 3, 2014, 12:08 pm

Just got a call from the Office Max rep in MI area that the coupon is now working.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 12:33 pm

Working, but the register only accepted one discount per transaction so I bought 2x(2x$200). Anyone else seeing this?
Old Mar 3, 2014, 12:36 pm

Originally Posted by HustleALLday
I was dealing with a very flustered supervisor. I don't think he was actually the manager because his superior came over later and said it was max two per customer. At this point I had paid for the cards and was just waiting on the refund, so they said they would take care of me that time but tomorrow it's max 2. In my experience it really depends on the person/manager on duty at the time.

As for the GCs, I got 12 100s that time, which are more of a pain to liquidate, but it's a matter of a few more swipes. Luckily no calling to set the pin this time.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by Wonko
Working, but the register only accepted one discount per transaction so I bought 2x(2x$200). Anyone else seeing this?
The cashier screwed that up somehow. The code should automatically take off $15 per $250 increment, no matter how many you ring up.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 1:27 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; AA ExPlat; Hilton Diamond
Checked both stores in San Francisco as of noon neither one is working, anyone in SF Bay Area find a working store that they haven't wiped clean?
Old Mar 3, 2014, 1:44 pm

Programs: MR,UR, UA, BA, AA, Hotels
Working yes, Wiped clean, yes.

Originally Posted by SFOvacations
Checked both stores in San Francisco as of noon neither one is working, anyone in SF Bay Area find a working store that they haven't wiped clean?
Old Mar 3, 2014, 2:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, PC Plat, SPG Gld, HH Gld, MR Gld
If I use my new Citi AA MC will I get hit with cash advance fees; or is this treated as a normal purchase? (1st time purchasing any gift card)
Old Mar 3, 2014, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by kwbtraveler
If I use my new Citi AA MC will I get hit with cash advance fees; or is this treated as a normal purchase? (1st time purchasing any gift card)
normal purchase as you are buying from a retailer.

The time it is treated as cash advance would be buying DIRECTLY from a financial institution. i.e. buying AMEX GC directly from AMEX.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.