Community
Wiki Posts
Search

$15 Off $250 Visa GC@OM 3/2-8

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2014, 11:19 am

Same problem in Mountain View, CA. There were a few other MSers already dealing with the issue when I arrived. The clerk just waived the activation fees on the $100 cards since that more or less was $30 (on 5 cards). Not worth the hassle for me.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 11:41 am

Same problem at first store of two planned. Was charged full amount and then credited $30 back to credit card as "Cust Satisftn". After the wait while they figured out what to do I decided to skip the second store until they update the registers.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 12:19 pm

System glitches

At east coast om rite now, apparently the registers aren't scanning in the coupon. Store manager apologized and said it's affecting all oms in the area. I only see 100$ and less on the racks, dunno if they carry the 200$ ones. I don't wanna put attention to myself by asking them to waive the code, so I'll just go back another day
Old Mar 2, 2014, 1:24 pm

I already "got it in" by visiting the 2 closest OfficeMax locations and although the promo was not working, they issued me a $30 "Customer Satisfaction." Basically, you pay $620.85 with CC and they immediately initiate a $30 credit BACK to your credit card as a "Customer Satisfaction." I only wish they had a variable reload Visa GC b/c that would cut back on fees. Now, the problem of liquidating these cards! Extremely annoying!
Old Mar 2, 2014, 1:26 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
They couldn't do a credit at my store. The guy took my number down and said he would call me when the issue was fixed.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 1:37 pm

Bad Coupon Code OM

The cashier couldn't scan the coupon at my location, but instead rang me up and charged my Ink. He then gave me $30 cash back. (150 extra UR points)
Old Mar 2, 2014, 2:23 pm

Originally Posted by mistressjaime
The cashier couldn't scan the coupon at my location, but instead rang me up and charged my Ink. He then gave me $30 cash back. (150 extra UR points)

Same deal with me... I used a different card to absorb the refund a 1x.
Cash would have been better!
Old Mar 2, 2014, 2:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, CC Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Choice Plat
my OM insisted that this is offer is only available on $250 visa cards ... they even hunted down entire store for those and apologized for not having them in stock

Last edited by techoin; Mar 2, 2014 at 4:57 pm
Old Mar 2, 2014, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by mistressjaime
Same here, rang up 5 x $200, could not get coupon to scan. Completed transaction on Ink and gave me $60 in cash.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 3:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by HustleALLday
I already "got it in" by visiting the 2 closest OfficeMax locations and although the promo was not working, they issued me a $30 "Customer Satisfaction." Basically, you pay $620.85 with CC and they immediately initiate a $30 credit BACK to your credit card as a "Customer Satisfaction." I only wish they had a variable reload Visa GC b/c that would cut back on fees. Now, the problem of liquidating these cards! Extremely annoying!
Been to 5 OM here in PHX and even ran into a FT member at two, did the transactions and then refunded $30 back onto my CC. Heading out to the 5 other ones soon, plan is to do this for the next 6 days... Yeah, what a way to spend time off..
Old Mar 2, 2014, 4:01 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, Marriott
Are Visa loaded to BB like MC? Register, set pin, load at WM or are they any easier?
Old Mar 2, 2014, 4:09 pm

These cards you can use the last 4 digits of the card number as PIN, so way easier than MC.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 4:16 pm
Suspended

No go here in Del Boca Vista.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 4:24 pm

Programs: United MP, American AAdvantage, Chase UR, AMEX MR
No go in the bay area now.
Old Mar 2, 2014, 4:33 pm

Programs: AA, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by kyouteki
These cards you can use the last 4 digits of the card number as PIN, so way easier than MC.
Thanks for reply. Nice, so no need to call and set PIN etc. ? If so, that saves a lot of time. Well except standing in line at WM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.