Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 8, 2014, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ericliujian
Grocery stores that sell variable GCs to $500. Please understand these are observations by those who contribute to this thread and are provided for the good of the community. Apologies if some chains are different in different areas. TY.

YES:
7-11 (Vanilla Visa $20-500) - Sometimes limited to 1x per buy. Sometimes buggy. Often codes as gas station.
Big Y (CT/MA): m̶a̶x̶i̶m̶u̶m̶ ̶$̶1̶0̶0̶0̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶r̶g̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶c̶r̶e̶d̶i̶t̶ ̶c̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶s̶o̶n̶,̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶ ̶d̶a̶y̶;̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶o̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶m̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶p̶a̶i̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶c̶a̶s̶h̶̶ Cash or debit only
CVS: Vanilla, $2000 max 24 hours
Family Fare (hit and miss)
Food Lion (Post 287 reports no good CC experience. YMMV, Manager override needed cash only memo)
Giant - now accepts CCs as of 10/1/16 - recent change from past cash or debit only policy.
Glens
Haggen
HEB -- usually limited to $1000 total (with fees) but many times they'll sell 2-3 if you split into separate transactions.
H-T
Hy-Vee ($500 limit)
Hannafords (multiple reports that Visa / MC / AMEX GCs are no longer sold at stores)
Kroger (DL will be requested and DL no. entered, even if just buying 1). If you use CHIP PIN card, no DL will be requested
Lowe's Foods (Manager override needed)
Marianos
Meijer Mastercard ONLY (US Bank)
QFC
Ralph's - in So Cal they sell $500 variable load cards
Safeway/Albertsons - most (all?) stores sell $500 variable load. Their banners include Acme, Randalls/Tom Thumb, Vons/Pavilions, Shaw's/Star, and others.
Stop & Shop (when it's stocked - manager override required for $500 and up)
Stater Bros
Walgreen: Vanilla
Weiss: cash only
Winn-Dixie ($500 and up in single transaction requires override from manager for each card - but some cashiers have the override code, and almost all customer service reps have it) (Cash/debit only per #544: edit: varies by region)

PREVIOUSLY:
A&P - Out of business
Acme (DE/MD/NJ/PA). Many in NJ now say NO and stock as been pulled
Albertsons ($1K and up in single transaction requires override from manager and every single VGC over $1K requires override each time)
AutoZone (Vanilla Visa $20-500). Pulled off the shelf now (4/2018) - Update: Was told by store MGR these are seasonal thus expect OCT-JAN each year. If in stock (in back) they can sell them all year.
Jewel
Ralph's
Randalls ($500 VGC purchase requires manager override and they usually check CC vs photo ID)
Safeway ($500 and up in single transaction requires override from manager just 1 time)
ShopRite (not all). SR no longer stock variable load up to $500.00. The variable loads the have now only allow a max of $200.00 for the same 5.95 fee.
Vons ($500 and up in single transaction requires override from manager just 1 time)
Whole Foods $500 (Now only $200 max)

NO:
Publix ($50 and $25)
Festival Foods
Giant Eagle
Bi-Lo

Grocers that sell $200:
Most Albertsons' subsidiaries listed in 'PREVIOUSLY'
Bashas'
HEB
McCaffrey
Piggly Wiggly-up to 200 max. of 1k per transaction 4.95 fee no ID required
Shaws/Star Market $500 Amazon GCs are still around, but all other GCs are only up to $200 at this time.
Shop Rite
Tops
Wegmans
Whole Food

Improvements and additions welcome.

Note: this thread began as an attempt to find out if a Kroger store in the area where jan_believes was travelling might have the variable $500 Visa GC since the store where I was at the time, did not. It has morphed into a discussion about MOs (at Kroger, although other stores MAY be included but not mentioned), as well. Not the intent of the discussion. Use discretion, please. Local rules apply.
Print Wikipost

Stores that sell $500 GCs(up to 2019)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 18, 2016, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by vwks2006
http://www.target.com/p/400gc-6-fee-...d/-/A-17214227

6 dollar fee - 5 dollar coupon: TGT4DN9P

= 401 total price pre-unloading for 400.. pretty dang good. Except limit is one. If you go slowly but surely you can get a good amount of the cards coming in. Placed 2 orders tonight because I have some spend to do on a Marriott card. 800/for this one night isn't bad, for me.
Code is expired/invalid now.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by cwmehring
I've done hours of reading about MS. I'm to the point where I'd like to start ms-ing but I'm confused on which card to buy. I see VGC in several differed styles. Can someone post a photo of what I should buy?

Thanks!
It should say Visa, Debit & does not have "reloadable" on it. It should also say it has a pin. Look at the back of the card and if it also says Metabank you found the best card. OV works, too, but won't work at WM (over $50). There are also 1-2 other companies.

A picture won't help since there are so many different prints. A card from a supermarket looks different as a card you order from Staples. You have to go to the racks and look at the different cards. Also use the google image search since some bloggers showed their cards.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 6:10 pm

Originally Posted by ff.volker
It should say Visa, Debit & does not have "reloadable" on it. It should also say it has a pin. Look at the back of the card and if it also says Metabank you found the best card. OV works, too, but won't work at WM (over $50). There are also 1-2 other companies.

A picture won't help since there are so many different prints. A card from a supermarket looks different as a card you order from Staples. You have to go to the racks and look at the different cards. Also use the google image search since some bloggers showed their cards.
It doesn't have to be Visa. It can be MasterCard. If you're not using it at a Walmart, it's the same as any Visa. If you do use it at Walmart, it just requires knowing what to do.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by shadow520
Code is expired/invalid now.
use google "target $400 visa promo codes". I found a new one yesterday. I would give it to you but I didn't write it down.
Old Jun 19, 2016, 9:34 pm

Programs: DL, WoH
Has anyone had any of these target visas lost in the mail? I've been ordering and I think 1 card was misshipped.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 9:02 am

Where do you liquidate these Target visa cards? From what I read they don't come with a pin.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 9:17 am

Where do you liquidate these Target visa cards? From what I read they don't come with a pin.
Mine was basically the same as a vanilla visa. Set the pin on first (and only) use.
Old Jun 20, 2016, 12:49 pm

I bought 2K MOs at the grocery store and paid 2 fees draining all 5 TgtVGCs in 5 swipes. my store allows up to six swipes per transaction.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 4:28 pm

Programs: IHG RA, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold, Delta Silver
DP: The ACME (former A&P) nearby in NY only has upto $200 VGC. Was able to use credit to buy a variable load.
Old Jul 9, 2016, 4:31 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SPG, HLTN, ETC
So I'm late to the game on this target coupon stuff...just spent some time looking and couldn't find a valid one. Anyone know if this still works or did they change it up?
Old Jul 9, 2016, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by air360
So I'm late to the game on this target coupon stuff...just spent some time looking and couldn't find a valid one. Anyone know if this still works or did they change it up?
all codes are now dead. you got in too late.
Old Jul 10, 2016, 8:58 am

Does anyone want to share if they know a store in the NY/Westchester area that still sells $500 giftcards? Please pm me thank you. I am not a heavy hitter...only $1k a month. I would love to share my information as well! Thank you!
Old Jul 22, 2016, 2:30 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Anyone in Hawaii still able to buy $500 or high denomination VGCs? Longs don't have them anymore (only $50s), Walgreens told me its seasonal (only $50s left), Best Buy is out of their $200s (told me no more coming shelf space got changed up), Safeway is $200 only with high fee, OD is cash only for variable, OM's have fees so high it kills the deal, never seen one sold at a gas station. GCM.com is unreliable AF, out of options...
Old Jul 22, 2016, 7:21 am

Programs: Several dozen
Some people just go postal when they run out of options.

Originally Posted by msp3
Anyone in Hawaii still able to buy $500 or high denomination VGCs? Longs don't have them anymore (only $50s), Walgreens told me its seasonal (only $50s left), Best Buy is out of their $200s (told me no more coming shelf space got changed up), Safeway is $200 only with high fee, OD is cash only for variable, OM's have fees so high it kills the deal, never seen one sold at a gas station. GCM.com is unreliable AF, out of options...
Old Jul 22, 2016, 4:20 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy
Some people just go postal when they run out of options.
Oh I would but they don't take CC anymore nationwide, right?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.