Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CVS cashier gave me the wrong VR Card

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2014, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

CVS cashier gave me the wrong VR Card

Bought two VRs at CVS. Loaded $500 on each. 1 week later went to load onto Bluebird. One card loaded fine. The other "is suspended". Checked the CVS receipt. The barcode on bottom of one VR matches the receipt, the other doesn't match the receipt. Called the VR customer service number. Said I need to go back to the same CVS store. Apparently they another the $500 to another card and never gave that one to me. Gave me an unloaded card.

Can I be made whole?
Old Feb 1, 2014, 7:11 pm

Programs: Delta P, SPG G, Marriott S, Hertz PC
Um... how did this happen in the first place?

Were you buying many cards? Took up 3 and activated 2?

Scanned same card twice?

Why were you holding onto it for a week?!?!

call the store, hopefully they have it on video.

Morals of story:
Don't buy cards you are not ready to load.
Check the receipt to match the cards to receipt
LOAD ASAP.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by maksimfa
Um... how did this happen in the first place?

Were you buying many cards? Took up 3 and activated 2?

Scanned same card twice?

Why were you holding onto it for a week?!?!

call the store, hopefully they have it on video.

Morals of story:
Don't buy cards you are not ready to load.
Check the receipt to match the cards to receipt
LOAD ASAP.
I read your post and have the same questions... How does this happen?

I suspect you're now aware of this, but you've got to be extra vigilant when loading these. As you're experiencing now, if something goes wrong you're out $500.

Keep it simple.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 7:18 pm

Programs: CO (RIP), US (RIP), Amtrak. Lots of CC programs.
I don't know why there would be three cards in play if only two were purchased.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 7:21 pm
Original Poster

Took ten off the card rack. Bought seven. Cashier must have mixed up one of the three I didn't buy with one that I did load.

Bought seven total but cashier rang them up two at at time.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 7:22 pm

Originally Posted by guywhocan
Bought two VRs at CVS. Loaded $500 on each. 1 week later went to load onto Bluebird. One card loaded fine. The other "is suspended". Checked the CVS receipt. The barcode on bottom of one VR matches the receipt, the other doesn't match the receipt. Called the VR customer service number. Said I need to go back to the same CVS store. Apparently they another the $500 to another card and never gave that one to me. Gave me an unloaded card.

Can I be made whole?
Sounds like you need to go to the CVS and talk to the manager. If it was an honest mistake, then I would think they'd have tried and load your $500 at some point and would have noticed it didn't work. Do what you can to recover it...otherwise it's unfortunately the cost of doing business.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 7:37 pm

I've had this happen twice. Once one of the cards wouldn't scan so I grabbed another and one of the activated cards got swapped with the bad card. A call to CVS and reading off the last 4 digits of the activated card was all it took. They set it aside for me and I came in 20 minutes later to pick it up. Card was fully loaded and no issues. Don't remember details of the second incident but it was something similar. Again no issues and they set aside the activated card. Lesson learned to always match VR number to number on receipt. Good luck.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 7:38 pm

Always match the receipt to VRs if there is any doubt. You should even ask to take the "duds" with you just in case.

This is 100% OPs fault for not being diligent. Good luck on getting it back.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 7:39 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Mihiker
I've had this happen twice. Once one of the cards wouldn't scan so I grabbed another and one of the activated cards got swapped with the bad card. A call to CVS and reading off the last 4 digits of the activated card was all it took. They set it aside for me and I came in 20 minutes later to pick it up. Card was fully loaded and no issues. Don't remember details of the second incident but it was something similar. Again no issues and they set aside the activated card. Lesson learned to always match VR number to number on receipt. Good luck.
However, unlike OP, I assume your VR issues were figured out rather soon after you purchased them? A week+ out, I think it's fair to say that CVS will not be able to have the good VR on hand still..
Old Feb 1, 2014, 7:46 pm

I do not leave the store without making sure card numbers match the receipt. I do this based on others experiences on this board. I want the mistake fixed ASAP!
Old Feb 1, 2014, 7:48 pm

delete

Last edited by adminds; Mar 1, 2014 at 5:17 pm
Old Feb 1, 2014, 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by cashback
This is 100% OPs fault for not being diligent. Good luck on getting it back.
^, that also brings unnecessary attention to our game. I'm pretty sure this is a PITA for managers to handle,
Old Feb 1, 2014, 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by healthnut
However, unlike OP, I assume your VR issues were figured out rather soon after you purchased them? A week+ out, I think it's fair to say that CVS will not be able to have the good VR on hand still..
Correct. Less than an hour after purchase. I missed the part about a week plus. I would go back to the store and look at all the VR on the rack. If you find the number take it up to cashier with receipt and non activated card and explain. Chances are they'll let you walk out with it. If you can't find it and cashier can't locate at the register then give Incomm a call. I actually called them first before I realized the number on the receipt didn't match the card. They were very helpful and on their way to getting me a credit when I found out what the real issue was.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 8:00 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Mihiker
Correct. Less than an hour after purchase. I missed the part about a week plus. I would go back to the store and look at all the VR on the rack. If you find the number take it up to cashier with receipt and non activated card and explain. Chances are they'll let you walk out with it. If you can't find it and cashier can't locate at the register then give Incomm a call. I actually called them first before I realized the number on the receipt didn't match the card. They were very helpful and on their way to getting me a credit when I found out what the real issue was.
As great as your intention is, I think it's very doubtful that OP will find the good VR. Unfortunately, it looks like he has already talked to Incomm and they directed him to CVS.

This is very much a "s*it out of luck" situation. VR's are cash and cash is negotiable.

OP, I hope you learn from this and will now do your due diligence. Most likely calling or going back to CVS is not going to land you anywhere.
Old Feb 1, 2014, 8:06 pm
Original Poster

So if CVS put the card I loaded back on the rack after I left, then my loss is someone else's gain? If they tossed it it the garbage, then my loss is InComm's gain?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.