JH (Jackson Hewitt) Preferred Card

Old Jul 26, 2014, 6:04 pm

While I'm at it ...
Anyone know if ACH push to this card counts as DD for purposes of fee avoidance?
Old Jul 26, 2014, 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by ed1chandler
FYI, I haven't seen an answer to this, so I'm testing on my own.
I've loaded $750 via VR and $500 via RR.
I'll report back on whether or not I get charged the fee.
Sadly, I don't think that will determine whether you 'should be charged a fee. I've loaded >$1k in VR the last two months and been charged a fee both times. Since I really don't care about this card too much, I've called CS both months and had the fee reversed.

Last month the rep. said you clearly met the conditions for avoiding the fee, and had it reversed.

This month when I called in I got a rep who said that I could only avoid the fee by being a JHP employee and she refused to reverse it even when I read her the T&C. I asked to be escalated to a supervisor, and she came back on the line a few minutes later and said, yes - the fee was charged in error and it would be reversed.

I asked if I had to call in every month to get the fee reversed and she said yes - as their system was unable to sort through all the accounts to see which should and shouldn't be charged a fee.

From the lines she was making up, I would've thought she was a citi csr!
Old Aug 3, 2014, 11:08 am

Unable to log in today... and now according to the CSR I'm in 'spend down' mode - directed by the compliance department - "due to the recent high volume of load unloads" (which were only $1k per month for each of the last 2 months).

fortunately my balance is <$100.

C'est la vie.
Old Jan 27, 2015, 2:33 am

Smile

my card got shut down today as well . Told to provide DL and receipts . How Emailed them to jackson-hewitt-preferred-card department . some people know their email address . please say me about their email address
Old Jan 27, 2015, 8:02 am

Originally Posted by nhabuon
my card got shut down today as well . Told to provide DL and receipts . How Emailed them to jackson-hewitt-preferred-card department . some people know their email address . please say me about their email address
Took awhile to find from early last year, but I sent my docs to:

[email protected]
Old Jan 28, 2015, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by nhabuon
how much were you doing and how were you liquidating ? just curious on the datapoints out there as I have just gotten my card...
Old Jan 30, 2015, 9:43 pm

how are you cats loading this thing? still have access to VRs?
Old Feb 1, 2015, 11:04 am

JH Preffered card services stole $5000 - Stay away...period

As soon as my refund hit the card they restricted it and basically holding $5000 - do not use - customer service sucks and they do not care and the jackson hewitt office basically says "we did not know these cards would have so many problems, its your card, you deal with it"

No customer service and basically stealing your hard earned money - 17 people at work have the same problem..so beware, then they have their "compliance dept. look at it and they do not work weekends and they conveniently do this BS on a friday

Stay away...period
Old Feb 21, 2015, 7:44 am

Programs: Delta!!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by kaldawn
As soon as my refund hit the card they restricted it and basically holding $5000 - do not use - customer service sucks and they do not care and the jackson hewitt office basically says "we did not know these cards would have so many problems, its your card, you deal with it"

No customer service and basically stealing your hard earned money - 17 people at work have the same problem..so beware, then they have their "compliance dept. look at it and they do not work weekends and they conveniently do this BS on a friday

Stay away...period
Hello.

I just came across this post. Did you get your money back? I would like to get this card but I am worried!
Old Jun 9, 2015, 5:46 pm
Suspended

I got one and it is still active. But...how can I load it????

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.