Old Jun 15, 2014, 4:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Travelz
What portal is currently offering the highest payout for GCM?
Check cashbackmonitor and cashbackholic for current payouts. Be sure to review the T&C for GCM at each portal as some offer lower payouts for Visa GCs.

As of 8/26, Amex gift cards cannot be used to buy Visa gift cards

VGC issued by metabank. Cards come activated.

-------------------------

Monthly Limit is 15K per GCM account for a revolving 30 days. Once you hit 15K, GCM will display a message on the screen letting you know you hit the limit.

Start out slow 1k and then another 1k - they will call to verify the card, and shipping address. Next order they will not call. Orders under 2k have free shipping.

If you get this error:

This transaction was not completed. The transaction was not submitted correctly, or has been declined by your card issuer. You can try again with a different card or review your payment information for any necessary corrections.

- Your account is blocked for the day, try again the next day. Some ppl report being permanently blocked.

Direct support Numbers is 877.426.2551

Warning: Orders can be lost or stolen.
Print Wikipost

GiftCardMall master thread(2014-2016)

Old Jan 27, 2014, 9:48 pm
Original Poster

GiftCardMall master thread(2014-2016)

Do the following to earn extra cashback on Visa Giftcards at giftcardmall.

1.) Sign up for cashbackhouse. They are currently offering 1% back on all gift cards including Visa GC.

2.) Purchase the e-choice gift card for $250 with your CC. It is basically a gift card for GCM. You will earn 1% on this. These are only in demoniations up to $250.

3.) Go back thru the cashback portal and purchase the $500 visa from GCM. Apply the $250 gift card to the order. (Note: You can only use one egift card per order.) Pay the remainder with you CC. You will earn another 1% on the whole $500 purchase.

1% Cashback on $250 ecard purchase: $2.50
1% Cashback on $500 VGC purchase: $5.00

Total Cashback : $7.50

This will cover almost the entire activation fee and shipping.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by Chris92128

1.) Sign up for cashbackhouse. They are currently offering 1% back on all gift cards including Visa GC.

2.) Purchase the e-choice gift card for $250 with your CC. It is basically a gift card for GCM. You will earn 1% on this. These are only in demoniations up to $250.

3.) Go back thru the cashback portal and purchase the $500 visa from GCM. Apply the $250 gift card to the order. (Note: You can only use one egift card per order.) Pay the remainder with you CC. You will earn another 1% on the whole $500 purchase.

This is slow and tedious.

And how about we don't abuse GCM?
They are the only ones who offer a reasonable purchase of Visa GC online.

Don't S**t where you eat. GCM is a place I would like to eat at for a long time..
1% is more than reasonable. Don't abuse it.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 12:01 am

Programs: Jose Cuervo Gold, Bud Light Platinum, Schwab 401K, VW Bug 2MM
topcashback sucks at acknowledging my clicks. anyone have a more reliable cashback site for GCM?
Old Jan 28, 2014, 12:54 am

Programs: AAdvantage Elite Plat, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold, BA
Originally Posted by xoxx
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris92128

This is slow and tedious.

And how about we don't abuse GCM?
They are the only ones who offer a reasonable purchase of Visa GC online.

Don't S**t where you eat. GCM is a place I would like to eat at for a long time..
1% is more than reasonable. Don't abuse it.
+1

Greed is the silent enemy here!
Old Jan 28, 2014, 1:32 am

cashbackhouse offers 1%. isnt topcashback 0.5%? better to buy AMEX GC at 2% then use them to buy visa at GCM. 3% cash back minus 1.6% in fees.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 5:16 am

Programs: *$ Gold :)
OP gave couple of good ideas to consider. This is always welcome on FT.
Use your own head of course to apply.
Old Jan 28, 2014, 5:33 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by exmike
topcashback sucks at acknowledging my clicks. anyone have a more reliable cashback site for GCM?
Top Cash Back gives .5% back on Visa's so not as great as Cash Back House's 1%. Honestly, for me, I've had better luck with Top Cash Back then Cash Back House. Then again, money is better than no money and wipes some of the fees away, so if you're not receiving money back, the difference of amount is moot.

Originally Posted by leftpinky
cashbackhouse offers 1%. isnt topcashback 0.5%? better to buy AMEX GC at 2% then use them to buy visa at GCM. 3% cash back minus 1.6% in fees.
Yes, this is a great process. Takes about 2 weeks from AMEX order to liquidating, but very doable. Best because there are many ways to liquidate the Visa GC's unlike the AMEX GC's.

Last edited by tcook052; Jan 28, 2014 at 7:29 am
Old Jan 28, 2014, 6:15 am

Great to know! Thanks, OP. ^
Old Jan 28, 2014, 6:36 am

Originally Posted by Deallover
Great to know! Thanks, OP. ^
Interesting. Thanks OP.
Old Feb 14, 2014, 8:07 pm
FTA

Huh? I think OP's math is wrong
Old Feb 15, 2014, 5:40 am

I wouldnt touch Topcashback with a 10' pole.. They owed me $400 for AMEX GC. and closed my account to avoid paying me
Old Feb 15, 2014, 10:53 am

I bought Choice e gift cards so I could get even amount on Visa cards. I am not expecting cash back for the Choice card.

Conditions say the following, but perhaps they were changed since op posted?

Following Gift Cards are Excluded from cash back.

Hess Gasoline
Gulf
Arco
BP
Best Buy
Safeway
Target Physical
Target eGift
Macerich Visa
Choice Card

Edit just checked my Cashback account and it does show the Choice charges I made as pending, so maybe they go through anyway.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 11:08 am

I wanted to ask here, has anyone had problems ordering large amounts of VISA GC from GCM? I had a $3K order which went through fine.

The next day I tried to do two $3K orders and two Choice card orders to cover future shipping/activation fees. I got, then what looks like a SAR report request from GCM. It said something about Know Your Customer, and Patriot Act.

I filled out the info and sent it in. Later that day one of my $3K and one Choice orders went through to shipping.

Two days later neither the next $3K or Choice order have gone through. (Still say unshipped.)

I planned to put a lot of orders through GCM. Is this not possible? If $6K spooks them then it could be difficult to put $10's of K through.

Just checking others experience on if large ordering is OK with GCM? Any idea of the threshold? PM back if you would prefer. Thanks.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 11:50 am

GiftCardMall- Cashback Tip

Are these your first orders with GCM? If so, you can't just go from 0 to 100 and need to season your account.

The online gc retailers are few so treat them gently - to me, are almost as important as the better CC offerors. So take a few months to ramp up - sudden flurry of buying will surely cause risk folks to take a jaundiced view of your custom.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 11:51 am

Is it safe to use Citi AA Executive card for GCM?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.