Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

T-Mobile Visa Prepaid - Bluebird Competitor for MS! (May not load w/CC)

Old Jan 22, 2014, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: XP1
Warning: The T-M website contains an apparent Bill Pay function. Attempting to use it to pay credit card bills, or probably any significant $ amount bills of any sort, will get your account frozen. Ditto large scale ATM or MO withdrawals. The one method of unloading likely to keep you under the radar is small scale WM BP. Also likely to get you shut down, according to consensus reports, is running much more than $5K a month thru your account. You ignore this advice at your own risk.

SUMMARY

1. FAQ's
2. Free to use for TMo customers.
3. Issued by Bancorp
4. Load at T-mobile store (Registers are HARD CODED not to accept anything other than cash.)
5. or Reloadit, (find a grocery store that sold reloadit cards with a cc)

List Stores hard coded for cash or Credit Card accepted
T-Mobile (cash only)
Home Depot (cash only, hard coded)
Harris Teeter - Bought with CC on 2/16/14, hard coded denied CC on 5 APR 2014
Winn-Dixie - Hard coded for cash (debit may work, untested) as of Oct-2015
Meijer (Cash/Debit including VGC)
Giant Eagle/GetGo (Cash, Debit including VGC )
Safeways/Vons/Pavilions in California - most only Cash
Food Lion - Manager override now required. Many stores cash or bank debit only, but registers are not hard coded.
Save-A-Lot: Hard coded cash only
BigY: At least some stores have gone cash only as of 1/8
Acme in PA: Hard-coded cash only (Source)

Note on ReloadIt Cards
These come in two main flavors, up to $500, and up to $950 (there are ones that go up to $50, too). Both are $3.95 load fee. The older grey cards, have CASH ONLY on them. Even if the cash register is coded to accept it, many cashiers will be hesitant to even try, or get shut down by manager.
The maximum value reload will be $2,500.00. There is no maximum number of times you may value reload your Card Account per day; however, the maximum dollar amount of value reloads you may make to your Card Account in one day is $2,500.00. We will accept direct deposits larger than $2,500.00, but any direct deposit value reloaded to your Card Account will count against the $2,500.00 daily limit.
Value Reload Fee: Each time you value reload $300.00 or more to your Card Account in a single transaction, you will receive a credit for any fee you paid. If you are a T-Mobile Wireless Customer and value reload your Card Account at a participating T-Mobile Wireless location, you will receive a refund at the register (and will pay no fee for your value reload). If you value reload your Card Account for $300.00 or more via another method, we will issue a credit to your Card Account in the amount of the fee you paid.

In practice, a ReloadIt >= $300 loaded via the safe will receive credit for the fee. However, the terms formally state "Please note: Value reloads made from Reloadit Packs that have been placed in the Program Managers Reloadit `Safe' are not eligible for any fee credit." so this is not guaranteed.

The Limits:
Daily limit: $2500 during a rolling 24 hour period
Monthly limit: ?
Annual Limit: ?
Max Bill Pay (per transaction): = $5000 (tested March 6th, can do 'at least' a second for the same amount to the same payee momment later).
Daily ATM limit: $500 (rolling 24 hr rather than calendar day)

Total monthly bill pay limit: ?
The maximum value of your Card Account is restricted to $10,000.00

T-Mobile Prepaid Customer Service Email: [email protected]

If you need to escalate to the FDIC, Bancorp's registered FDIC# is 35444.
If you want to try to open an FDIC complaint or investigation you can send one in electronically at
http://www2.fdic.gov/IDASP/DIRSInfoRequest.asp

Alternative FDIC link to file complaint
https://www2.fdic.gov/starsmail/index.asp

FAQ
  • My fee did not get refunded. Has there been a policy change? ReloadIt Fees are processed overnight and could take 24 hours after you reload the card. As of 9/2015, ReloadIt cards added to the safe prior to loading on T-Mobile will still get the $3.95 refunded.
  • What is a safe transaction amount? There is no definite safe or unsafe amount. However, starting the last week of Jul 2015, people have been reporting the account frozen after transactions larger than $1K.
  • Can I use the BP Feature? It works well for some people. Many have reported getting shutdown after using it. A few have reported having the payments lost. Like all MS activity, use at your own risk.
  • Should I mix in some regular spending to make it look like this is my primary card? If it makes you feel better, go for it. However people who do this still get shutdown.
  • I can't log in. Did I get shutdown? Possibly. But more likely the website is having technical issues. Call in, o try to make a swipe purchase and test it out.
  • If I pay my taxes with this card, will I get shutdown? Large purchase raise red flags. Taxes are no different and there are reports of people being shut down for doing this.
  • What is a T-Mobile wireless customer? A qualifying T-Mobile wireless customer can be either a postpaid or prepaid customer. Source: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24790705-post3703.html
Print Wikipost

T-Mobile Visa Prepaid - Bluebird Competitor for MS! (May not load w/CC)

Old Jan 22, 2014, 11:11 pm

Programs: *$ Gold :)
Experienced MS-ers know how to keep deals alive for as long as possible.
That's the main motivation to control hype over a deal. Not to keep deals to selves and such pose as greedy.
Also high volumes of some executed in relatively safe manner (calculated risks) are signs of rather experience than greed...
Old Jan 22, 2014, 11:49 pm

Just from my personal perspective I view such things as extreme levels of daily MS exemplifying greed. Does anyone really need to do 10k+ of MS a day? I doubt it. Other behavior like opening BB accounts in family/friends' names (who don't do the MS themselves) goes beyond 'normal' (as viewed from non-MSers) behavior. MS is perfectly legal (I partake in it), just the scale of excess I associate with how I view greed.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 6:27 am

Originally Posted by maksimfa
Dropped of my MC to dump onto BB. Will go to another Stop & ***** to see about Reloadit cards there.
I've hit many here in CT, especially during their fuel promos, but no luck finding one that even carries Reloadits. Let me know if you have any. I've only found a couple stores of any type that even carry them, and they are only the $500 type, not the $950.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 8:45 am

Originally Posted by WhateverDude
I've hit many here in CT, especially during their fuel promos, but no luck finding one that even carries Reloadits. Let me know if you have any. I've only found a couple stores of any type that even carry them, and they are only the $500 type, not the $950.
Search the checkout aisles, not just the "gift card" display rack.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 11:22 am

Programs: SPG Gold
instead of talking about the deal (or lack of one), there are 4 pages of bickering... lets get back on the topic... pls...
Old Jan 23, 2014, 1:16 pm

I went to Giant Eagle where selling reloadit card. Amount from 20-500 not 950,3.95 fee.It is cash or debit card only. Can not use CC.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 1:28 pm

Originally Posted by ericliujian
I went to Giant Eagle where selling reloadit card. Amount from 20-500 not 950,3.95 fee.It is cash or debit card only. Can not use CC.
Same experience at a PathMark in PA yesterday.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 1:30 pm
Moderator: Manufactured Spending

Folks, we have had the debate about how much information is appropriate to share online several times. There is no need to repeat the same debate on this thread. Please reserve this thread for discussion of this deal only. Thank you.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by rogue409
Search the checkout aisles, not just the "gift card" display rack.
Indeed I have, but I will never stop my quest.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 2:10 pm

Programs: CO (RIP), US (RIP), Amtrak. Lots of CC programs.
Customer Service areas are another place to look for the elusive ReloadIts.
Old Jan 23, 2014, 5:48 pm

Programs: Delta P, SPG G, Marriott S, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by cuebert
Customer Service areas are another place to look for the elusive ReloadIts.
Will have to check. Actually looking to see if any Stop & Spend's are on way home. Maybe call them to see if they have reloadits in stock?
Old Jan 24, 2014, 2:06 am

Programs: Delta P, SPG G, Marriott S, Hertz PC
...and the website is down as of 4 am eastern.

https://t-mobilemoneyservices.com
Old Jan 24, 2014, 5:06 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by maksimfa
...and the website is down as of 4 am eastern.

https://t-mobilemoneyservices.com
It's back up. Probably just a quick IT issue!
Old Jan 24, 2014, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by healthnut
It's back up. Probably just a quick IT issue!
down again!
Old Jan 24, 2014, 9:57 am

Anyone try Marsh supermarkets?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.