Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

T-Mobile Visa Prepaid - Bluebird Competitor for MS! (May not load w/CC)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 22, 2014, 3:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: XP1
Warning: The T-M website contains an apparent Bill Pay function. Attempting to use it to pay credit card bills, or probably any significant $ amount bills of any sort, will get your account frozen. Ditto large scale ATM or MO withdrawals. The one method of unloading likely to keep you under the radar is small scale WM BP. Also likely to get you shut down, according to consensus reports, is running much more than $5K a month thru your account. You ignore this advice at your own risk.

SUMMARY

1. FAQ's
2. Free to use for TMo customers.
3. Issued by Bancorp
4. Load at T-mobile store (Registers are HARD CODED not to accept anything other than cash.)
5. or Reloadit, (find a grocery store that sold reloadit cards with a cc)

List Stores hard coded for cash or Credit Card accepted
T-Mobile (cash only)
Home Depot (cash only, hard coded)
Harris Teeter - Bought with CC on 2/16/14, hard coded denied CC on 5 APR 2014
Winn-Dixie - Hard coded for cash (debit may work, untested) as of Oct-2015
Meijer (Cash/Debit including VGC)
Giant Eagle/GetGo (Cash, Debit including VGC )
Safeways/Vons/Pavilions in California - most only Cash
Food Lion - Manager override now required. Many stores cash or bank debit only, but registers are not hard coded.
Save-A-Lot: Hard coded cash only
BigY: At least some stores have gone cash only as of 1/8
Acme in PA: Hard-coded cash only (Source)

Note on ReloadIt Cards
These come in two main flavors, up to $500, and up to $950 (there are ones that go up to $50, too). Both are $3.95 load fee. The older grey cards, have CASH ONLY on them. Even if the cash register is coded to accept it, many cashiers will be hesitant to even try, or get shut down by manager.
The maximum value reload will be $2,500.00. There is no maximum number of times you may value reload your Card Account per day; however, the maximum dollar amount of value reloads you may make to your Card Account in one day is $2,500.00. We will accept direct deposits larger than $2,500.00, but any direct deposit value reloaded to your Card Account will count against the $2,500.00 daily limit.
Value Reload Fee: Each time you value reload $300.00 or more to your Card Account in a single transaction, you will receive a credit for any fee you paid. If you are a T-Mobile Wireless Customer and value reload your Card Account at a participating T-Mobile Wireless location, you will receive a refund at the register (and will pay no fee for your value reload). If you value reload your Card Account for $300.00 or more via another method, we will issue a credit to your Card Account in the amount of the fee you paid.

In practice, a ReloadIt >= $300 loaded via the safe will receive credit for the fee. However, the terms formally state "Please note: Value reloads made from Reloadit Packs that have been placed in the Program Manager’s Reloadit `Safe' are not eligible for any fee credit." so this is not guaranteed.

The Limits:
Daily limit: $2500 during a rolling 24 hour period
Monthly limit: ?
Annual Limit: ?
Max Bill Pay (per transaction): = $5000 (tested March 6th, can do 'at least' a second for the same amount to the same payee momment later).
Daily ATM limit: $500 (rolling 24 hr rather than calendar day)

Total monthly bill pay limit: ?
The maximum value of your Card Account is restricted to $10,000.00

T-Mobile Prepaid Customer Service Email: [email protected]

If you need to escalate to the FDIC, Bancorp's registered FDIC# is 35444.
If you want to try to open an FDIC complaint or investigation you can send one in electronically at
http://www2.fdic.gov/IDASP/DIRSInfoRequest.asp

Alternative FDIC link to file complaint
https://www2.fdic.gov/starsmail/index.asp

FAQ
  • My fee did not get refunded. Has there been a policy change? ReloadIt Fees are processed overnight and could take 24 hours after you reload the card. As of 9/2015, ReloadIt cards added to the safe prior to loading on T-Mobile will still get the $3.95 refunded.
  • What is a safe transaction amount? There is no definite safe or unsafe amount. However, starting the last week of Jul 2015, people have been reporting the account frozen after transactions larger than $1K.
  • Can I use the BP Feature? It works well for some people. Many have reported getting shutdown after using it. A few have reported having the payments lost. Like all MS activity, use at your own risk.
  • Should I mix in some regular spending to make it look like this is my primary card? If it makes you feel better, go for it. However people who do this still get shutdown.
  • I can't log in. Did I get shutdown? Possibly. But more likely the website is having technical issues. Call in, o try to make a swipe purchase and test it out.
  • If I pay my taxes with this card, will I get shutdown? Large purchase raise red flags. Taxes are no different and there are reports of people being shut down for doing this.
  • What is a T-Mobile wireless customer? A qualifying T-Mobile wireless customer can be either a postpaid or prepaid customer. Source: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/24790705-post3703.html
Print Wikipost

T-Mobile Visa Prepaid - Bluebird Competitor for MS! (May not load w/CC)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2014, 6:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by zceuxbhjutf
craz, you're on a roll.

Still don't know <> waste of time guessing a self-imposed limit
MVD and Bancorp are the 2 main companys, they never thought wed be doing what we are. They thought theyd make a bundle off of the folks who need their services since they dont have CCs or bank accts. Therefore they will load low amounts pay tons of fees to laod and unload (low amounts as well). They never saw people buying the VRs to the max of $500 and tons of them at once and unloading them how most people use cash or CCs.

Then bam they see folks are loading $1000s if not 10s of 1000s and immediately unloading it all 1-2-3 at the cheapest ways possible to boot.

I cant imagine they ever thought that would be done, sort of like how Pudding Guy found a way to clean up with the 25 cent puddings instead of the more expensive items.

If they had any brains they would simply make the VRs good $20-100 for the same $3.95, a daily unload max of $500 and monthly of $2500 and bam they would have so many VRs on the shelfs they wont know what to do with them all. It would be too expensive for MSers to continue a few initial bonuses may make sense at best.

I dont know how much CV makes or Bancorp or MVD but unless they have more folks that match their ideal target audience, its not going to look sweet any time soon.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 6:43 pm

Originally Posted by craz
MVD and Bancorp are the 2 main companys, they never thought wed be doing what we are. They thought theyd make a bundle off of the folks who need their services since they dont have CCs or bank accts. Therefore they will load low amounts pay tons of fees to laod and unload (low amounts as well). They never saw people buying the VRs to the max of $500 and tons of them at once and unloading them how most people use cash or CCs.

Then bam they see folks are loading $1000s if not 10s of 1000s and immediately unloading it all 1-2-3 at the cheapest ways possible to boot.

I cant imagine they ever thought that would be done, sort of like how Pudding Guy found a way to clean up with the 25 cent puddings instead of the more expensive items.

If they had any brains they would simply make the VRs good $20-100 for the same $3.95, a daily unload max of $500 and monthly of $2500 and bam they would have so many VRs on the shelfs they wont know what to do with them all. It would be too expensive for MSers to continue a few initial bonuses may make sense at best.

I dont know how much CV makes or Bancorp or MVD but unless they have more folks that match their ideal target audience, its not going to look sweet any time soon.
Well, I don't own any Bancorp or MVD stock and don't really care about their profits etc. Their system works for my benefit right now, that's all I am interested in.

If their intention was to rob the poor and stupid, I am even more happy to cut them off as much as I can. I am rich and (at least I hope ) smart, but have the compassion for the poor and stupid. Besides, without them people like me would have to be poor and stupid
Old Mar 9, 2014, 7:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K; Marriott Plat; Hyatt Diamond; CCarlson Elite
Originally Posted by MaineCoon
Well, I don't own any Bancorp or MVD stock and don't really care about their profits etc. Their system works for my benefit right now, that's all I am interested in.

If their intention was to rob the poor and stupid, I am even more happy to cut them off as much as I can. I am rich and (at least I hope ) smart, but have the compassion for the poor and stupid. Besides, without them people like me would have to be poor and stupid
Their goal is PRECISELY to exploit the poor and stupid, and I agree; it makes a little warm place in my heart every time I know I'm using them to make money as opposed to the other way around.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 9:55 pm
Suspended

I agree with you. I wasnt trying to tell people not to MS,but instead its best to milk it while you are able to, since the way they have it set up which allows us to do what we do doesnt make a whole lot of sense to me (could be if the books were opened I would think otherwise).

sort of like how I cant believe it took DL & UA so darn long to realize they should have their programs based on the revenue a flyer spends rather then on the miles flown.It was NUTS to have kept it as they did for this long especially once all the bloggers were mapping out how to get premium cabins for next to nothing and making $$$$ as they did so by getting everyone to get CCs via their links. Yrs ago no one thought a person would simply fly all over so that they could end up getting their dream trip for alot less $$$ out of pocket.

Go tell someone that the rate on a hotel is so cheap it pays to book it check in and go home, since by doing it you will beable to stay at a 6* hotel for next to nothing, result along with a better economy is hotel promos just arent what they used to be, the hotel industry has woken up as the airlines have. Selling $20 bills for $10 just doesnt make any sense

So too with MSing yea someone will always not think everything completely thru and from time to time a new opportunity will rise up, but more and more they are coming to realize that there are a large # of folks that will cruch the #s and if it makes sense do things that so called normal folks wouldnt ever think to do. I just feel that the time spans that they will remain alive will be getting alot shorter. Hope Im proven wrong!

btw I read 1 of the side things coming out of the Safeway/Albertsons deal is Blackhawk is being spun off on its own, could be thats why the "Ca$h Only" has been removed from the new pkging as they want to get their rev #s very inflated so as to get a much higher IPO price
Old Mar 9, 2014, 10:03 pm

Most people who post here are not considered by Bancorp as rich, they are struggling to make their mortgage or trying for a free vacation while bankers buy Yachts with their bonuses. Posters here make all kind of assumptions while bankers have a smirk looking down.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 10:54 pm

I agree with you. I wasnt trying to tell people not to MS,but instead its best to milk it while you are able to, since the way they have it set up which allows us to do what we do doesnt make a whole lot of sense to me (could be if the books were opened I would think otherwise).

sort of like how I cant believe it took DL & UA so darn long to realize they should have their programs based on the revenue a flyer spends rather then on the miles flown.It was NUTS to have kept it as they did for this long especially once all the bloggers were mapping out how to get premium cabins for next to nothing and making $$$$ as they did so by getting everyone to get CCs via their links. Yrs ago no one thought a person would simply fly all over so that they could end up getting their dream trip for alot less $$$ out of pocket.

Go tell someone that the rate on a hotel is so cheap it pays to book it check in and go home, since by doing it you will beable to stay at a 6* hotel for next to nothing, result along with a better economy is hotel promos just arent what they used to be, the hotel industry has woken up as the airlines have. Selling $20 bills for $10 just doesnt make any sense

So too with MSing yea someone will always not think everything completely thru and from time to time a new opportunity will rise up, but more and more they are coming to realize that there are a large # of folks that will cruch the #s and if it makes sense do things that so called normal folks wouldnt ever think to do. I just feel that the time spans that they will remain alive will be getting alot shorter. Hope Im proven wrong!

btw I read 1 of the side things coming out of the Safeway/Albertsons deal is Blackhawk is being spun off on its own, could be thats why the "Ca$h Only" has been removed from the new pkging as they want to get their rev #s very inflated so as to get a much higher IPO price
excellent.
can we spread the news out to those Safeway pppl who insist on cash-only?

they are going to lose, yes?

I highly doubt we will have the game going when Safeway will be acquired by Albertsons.

in other news:

my dear wife went to one of the last remaining friendly stores. the guy at checkout had his doubts so he asked someone and then called someone and had been told it would be fine w/cc.

same city. same chain

but..today is Sunday. maybe the real manager was not in.

make your own conclusion, kamrades.
Old Mar 9, 2014, 11:17 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by prasha11
Most people who post here are not considered by Bancorp as rich, they are struggling to make their mortgage or trying for a free vacation while bankers buy Yachts with their bonuses. Posters here make all kind of assumptions while bankers have a smirk looking down.
never said all or the majority of Fters or those palying the MS game are rich. That said I do assume that most if not every person on FT has a bank acct if not several and CCs and DCs glore. That is not Incomms or Bancorps target group, their target are people who dont have a CC or cant even get 1 or dont have a bank acct. They want to be a bank to those people and kill them in fees, really no different then how the banks kill its non-Elite customers with feess well

eg Besides being with Chase we are with another major bank. My brother who just left to London was going to cash his cash at LHR or at LAX before leaving.

By the time I finished with him we ordered an AU on a CC that didnt charge ForEx all of his did. Although we have a substanial bal with Chase they wanted $5 and 3% for every withdrawl from an ATM, so I gave him a DC from Bank X that doesnt charge a penny fixed or % pt is most banks will take advantage of the unknowing who simply have no idea what their fees would be. My brother is a very successful professional to boot

Ive been to many branches of Chase I highly doubt anyone in any of those dzs and dzs of branches Ive been to own a yacht. Maybe the top fraction of the Exec elite but not most bankers.

their target is more the greyhound riding person then the person flying anywhere on a plane. To then if you can afford a plane tkt then you have a CC and bank acct and dont need them. If starting tomorrow all these DC issuers make it ca$h only how many of them will you continue to keep? Or anyone for that matter, I take it the exact # that I will Zippo. the only time I use my DCs attached to my accts is when Im overseas and need the local currency or using an ATM to make a deposit or transfer funds between my accts. Id think most everyone on FT is in the same boat = we are not their target audience for whom they set up shop
Old Mar 9, 2014, 11:22 pm
Suspended

excellent.
can we spread the news out to those Safeway pppl who insist on cash-only?

they are going to lose, yes?

I highly doubt we will have the game going when Safeway will be acquired by Albertsons.

in other news:

my dear wife went to one of the last remaining friendly stores. the guy at checkout had his doubts so he asked someone and then called someone and had been told it would be fine w/cc.

same city. same chain

but..today is Sunday. maybe the real manager was not in.

make your own conclusion, kamrades.
Its like the CVs where each store does as it sees fit. Till now the RLDIs were suppose to be cash only as per Blackhawk seems some folks were always able to use a CC, but they werent suppose to.

Now BH wanted all its vendors to accept CCs so that the Rev would skyrocket and for a short period since it didnt say cash only it was working, until HQ got wind of what was happening and wanted no part of it even thou BH didnt care any longer. Once the IPO is over wouldnt surprise me if it went back to cash only, after all the $20-950 also was just changed I guess we now know why
Old Mar 9, 2014, 11:28 pm

yeah, life is unfair..

any other news?
Old Mar 10, 2014, 12:05 am

Programs: AA LT Gold 1MM ,Hyatt Explorist,Marriott Platinum,HHonors Diamond
"Invalid information"

Tried to to BP and I get this error "Invalid Information"

T-Mobile customer with 4 lines ....Loaded $2.5K total...$1.5 K on one day and another $1K a week later last month using RL cards ....BP to AMEX twice almost immediately ...I can still login but won't load anymore until I find out what the issue is....other 3 lines are still in business though...$2k load each and BP...will call to find out ...
Old Mar 10, 2014, 1:07 am

Programs: Delta P, SPG G, Marriott S, Hertz PC
You would be well wrong.

But what do I know, I am just an american express bank teller.

The average person on FT, and in particular on the MS section has above average credit, and a lot in assets.

Your average person "struggling to make their mortgage payment or trying to a free vacation" is not going to be able to have a ton of credit avail to do MS.

If they are doing MS, WHILE carrying balances, they are likely paying interest. In which case, they have bigger issues.

If someone is struggling to pay their mortgage, they should look at their financial situation before spending any more time trying to play the MS game.

Now, as far as people on here, 6 out of 10 people I have chatted with and gotten to know, most are actually quite affluent, meaning over 100k a year income, or significant assets.

They are either business owners, or high level white collar jobs. =)

Keep on being oblivious.

Public Service Announcement from your friendly "American Express Teller with Money Laundering Training. "
Old Mar 10, 2014, 1:09 am

yeah, life is unfair..

any other news?
Where is the "Like" button when you need it?

Oh wait... not on this forum. =P
Old Mar 10, 2014, 1:14 am

Originally Posted by maksimfa
Where is the "Like" button when you need it?

Oh wait... not on this forum. =P
lol..thanks..

actually I would like to have not just "like" button, but to be notified when someone responds to my post..is it hard to implement?

Offtop, sorry guys.

Originally Posted by maksimfa
But what do I know, I am just an american express bank teller.

The average person on FT, and in particular on the MS section has above average credit, and a lot in assets.

Your average person "struggling to make their mortgage payment or trying to a free vacation" is not going to be able to have a ton of credit avail to do MS.

If they are doing MS, WHILE carrying balances, they are likely paying interest. In which case, they have bigger issues.

If someone is struggling to pay their mortgage, they should look at their financial situation before spending any more time trying to play the MS game.

Now, as far as people on here, 6 out of 10 people I have chatted with and gotten to know, most are actually quite affluent, meaning over 100k a year income, or significant assets.

They are either business owners, or high level white collar jobs. =)

Keep on being oblivious.

Public Service Announcement from your friendly "American Express Teller with Money Laundering Training. "
rflmao..
Old Mar 10, 2014, 1:20 am

Its like the CVs where each store does as it sees fit. Till now the RLDIs were suppose to be cash only as per Blackhawk seems some folks were always able to use a CC, but they werent suppose to.

Now BH wanted all its vendors to accept CCs so that the Rev would skyrocket and for a short period since it didnt say cash only it was working, until HQ got wind of what was happening and wanted no part of it even thou BH didnt care any longer. Once the IPO is over wouldnt surprise me if it went back to cash only, after all the $20-950 also was just changed I guess we now know why
yet another example, not relevant to the t-mo and rlits:

CVS store where I was told: "cash or debit cards only" for VRs about 4 months ago now gladly accepts my cc payments for VRs..

Go figure.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 1:34 am

lol..thanks..

actually I would like to have not just "like" button, but to be notified when someone responds to my post..is it hard to implement?

Offtop, sorry guys.

rflmao..
Already there. Hit the "follow topic" button before first post on the right side. =)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.