FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   T-Mobile Visa Prepaid - Bluebird Competitor for MS! (May not load w/CC) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1544106-t-mobile-visa-prepaid-bluebird-competitor-ms-may-not-load-w-cc.html)

cowboyguy Jan 22, 2014 9:55 am

Originally Posted by skitch23 (Post 22200980)
I saw the reloadit packs at Safeway this morning. $20-950 + $3.95 fee. I didn't look that close but I didn't see anything about not being able to use a CC... only mentioned that it would not earn fuel points.

I don't have Safeway here. I see there's a lot of discussion about Safeway on FT. It's just a grocery store right? I mean as far as I'm able to buy prepaid cards and other MS stuff in a local grocery store, there's no need for Safeway, right?

If you're able to get reloadit packs at Safeway and you're able to load this tmobile card with it, this is still a pretty good deal. Even though we would not be able to load VR, VGC and other stuff, but we may have another 10k of grocery store liquidation here.

skitch23 Jan 22, 2014 10:16 am

T-Mobile Visa Prepaid - Bluebird Competitor for MS! $0 fees to reload w/CC!

for those wondering about credit checks, the mobile money app says no credit check is required.

Locke42 Jan 22, 2014 10:38 am

Can you use the T-Mobile prepaid card to reload Bluebird?

The reason I ask is because Vanilla Reloads charge a fee, while T-Mobile prepaid card doesn't charge fees to load in store, and I want to keep the ability to write checks so I can pay my rent.

Also, does anyone know if reloading the T-Mobile card counts as "cellphone service" for the Chase Ink Plus/Bold category bonus? That would be AWESOME.

michael_v Jan 22, 2014 10:42 am

I am a pre-paid T-mobile customer (no contract) and I was able to enroll after I provided my phone number. I am hoping I qualify for the no monthly fee offer.

ericliujian Jan 22, 2014 10:42 am

How about Giant Eagle? I do find the reloadit card sold at my area. But I am not sure whether is cash only.Maybe we can use Old Blue Cash or Blue Cash Prefered if cc is allowed.

michael_v Jan 22, 2014 10:46 am

Value Reload Fee: Each time you value reload $300.00 or more to your Card Account in a single transaction, you will receive a credit for any fee you paid. If you are a T-Mobile Wireless Customer and value reload your Card Account at a participating

T-Mobile Wireless location, you will receive a refund at the register (and will pay no fee for your value reload). If you value reload your Card Account for $300.00 or more via another method, we will issue a credit to your Card Account in the amount of the fee
you paid. Please note: Value reloads made from Reloadit Packs that have been placed in the Program Manager’s Reloadit “Safe” are not eligible for any fee credit.
I wonder what "Program Manager’s Reloadit Safe" is...

Dieuwer Jan 22, 2014 10:48 am

Foreign Transaction Fee: 2.0% of the amount of the Foreign Transaction.

ericliujian Jan 22, 2014 10:51 am

Originally Posted by Locke42 (Post 22201602)
Can you use the T-Mobile prepaid card to reload Bluebird?

The reason I ask is because Vanilla Reloads charge a fee, while T-Mobile prepaid card doesn't charge fees to load in store, and I want to keep the ability to write checks so I can pay my rent.

Also, does anyone know if reloading the T-Mobile card counts as "cellphone service" for the Chase Ink Plus/Bold category bonus? That would be AWESOME.

I think yes since we could set pin for the card.

jjangoo Jan 22, 2014 10:57 am

Originally Posted by ericliujian (Post 22201638)
How about Giant Eagle? I do find the reloadit card sold at my area. But I am not sure whether is cash only.Maybe we can use Old Blue Cash or Blue Cash Prefered if cc is allowed.

The Reloadit Pack FAQ specifically says cash only. If I had to guess the registers would be hardwired to reject cc's.

maksimfa Jan 22, 2014 11:20 am

We are sol. Just went to tmobile store.

Cash only on card and register hard coded to take cash only, even though cashier was OK with plastic.

MaineCoon Jan 22, 2014 11:34 am

Since I am w/T-Mo, I am going to try it. Should be free for me.

flyertalk77 Jan 22, 2014 11:34 am

Originally Posted by cuebert (Post 22200849)
The cheapest T-Mo service option is buying a 1 year / 1000 minute prepaid SIM card for $100.

No need for that unless you're planning to load less than $500/mo.

The monthly is "[w]aived for cardholders who load $500 or more on the Card during the preceding monthly billing cycle."

For more info on their fees, see post #11 of this thread.

If this product doesn't pan out, I will simply close the account within the first month.

maksimfa Jan 22, 2014 11:37 am

Originally Posted by MaineCoon (Post 22201963)
Since I am w/T-Mo, I am going to try it. Should be free for me.

Yes, that was the first question they asked if i was a customer. I am, business and personal.

Cash only on load. Register hard coded.

MaineCoon Jan 22, 2014 11:46 am

Originally Posted by maksimfa (Post 22201979)
Yes, that was the first question they asked if i was a customer. I am, business and personal.

Cash only on load. Register hard coded.

In-store, right?

Maybe we'll find better ways to load it. Otherwise it is quite useless. Oh well, doesn't take too much space in the drawer.

kd1000 Jan 22, 2014 11:48 am

Checked with my contact at T-Mobile .. they say its cash only .