FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   T-Mobile Visa Prepaid - Bluebird Competitor for MS! (May not load w/CC) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1544106-t-mobile-visa-prepaid-bluebird-competitor-ms-may-not-load-w-cc.html)

ZBigFam Jan 22, 2014 7:54 am

Unless you can buy reloadit packs on credit i don't think there's much value here. In store you can load via visa readylink, which when looking at it requires cash for a load onto your card. see the terms below:

How to reload with Visa ReadyLink

1. Look for the Visa ReadyLink symbol on the door, kiosk, or register at participating stores, or at all U.S. MoneyGram agent locations.

2. Take your card and cash to the register or self-service kiosk. The cashier will swipe your card and accept your cash. At a kiosk, you'll swipe your card and insert the funds.**

At U.S. MoneyGram agent locations, your card will not be swiped. Instead, complete the
Blue Form or proceed to the MoneyGram phone to start your load. Use Receive Code 7034.

3. Get your receipt—and go! You'll have immediate access to your funds upon approval by your card provider.

maksimfa Jan 22, 2014 7:56 am

Will go to tmo store in a bit to test out

JerMah Jan 22, 2014 8:00 am

Originally Posted by maksimfa (Post 22200604)
Will go to tmo store in a bit to test out

Good sport.

If one cannot find ice cream nearby, one can use this to load BB and then billpay out of BB....

Other Load Options: Look for MoneyGramŪ and Visa ReadyLink reload locations.

ZBigFam Jan 22, 2014 8:12 am

will check it out on my way home from work i have a store right by my house.

maksimfa Jan 22, 2014 8:18 am

Originally Posted by busymike (Post 22200510)
if this pans out, there's enough profit in this to either 1) open a cheap line of service with t-mobile and sock-drawer the phone; or 2) actually switch over to them, especially if they're still offering to pay ETFs.

Cheapest line of service is 45 to 50 a month... But add a phone is only $5

cuebert Jan 22, 2014 8:40 am

The cheapest T-Mo service option is buying a 1 year / 1000 minute prepaid SIM card for $100.

maksimfa Jan 22, 2014 8:47 am

http://multimediacapsule.thomsonone....ey-by-t-mobile

Official press release.

So they mention buying cards at Safeway starting in feb. I wonder if reloads or actual cards.

Where are reloadit packs sold now?

MsArbi Jan 22, 2014 8:48 am

Deleted.

pier11 Jan 22, 2014 8:53 am

Cash only was the only option I was offered at store. Nothing even appear on pin pad.

2. This card is variant of PayPower, administered by Blackhawk Network, not T-Mobile.
PayPower card is known to shutdown people - read related thread.

No VR reload.

I'm very hesitant to utilize mine. Especially after such wonderful thread started with MS "experienced" people.

skitch23 Jan 22, 2014 9:01 am

Originally Posted by maksimfa (Post 22200905)
http://multimediacapsule.thomsonone....ey-by-t-mobile

Official press release.

So they mention buying cards at Safeway starting in feb. I wonder if reloads or actual cards.

Where are reloadit packs sold now?

I saw the reloadit packs at Safeway this morning. $20-950 + $3.95 fee. I didn't look that close but I didn't see anything about not being able to use a CC... only mentioned that it would not earn fuel points.

prasha11 Jan 22, 2014 9:14 am

Originally Posted by cuebert (Post 22200849)
The cheapest T-Mo service option is buying a 1 year / 1000 minute prepaid SIM card for $100.

'prepaid SIM' may not be considered a 'registered' T-Mobile wireless customers

f0xx Jan 22, 2014 9:25 am

Originally Posted by prasha11 (Post 22201048)
'prepaid SIM' may not be considered a 'registered' T-Mobile wireless customers

Why not? It's T-Mobile's service. :confused:

JW008 Jan 22, 2014 9:27 am

Anyone else getting this after applying?

Thank you for your interest in T-Mobile. We are not able to process your enrollment. T-Mobile values your business and interest on our product, and we are sorry that we cannot meet your needs at this time. We are continuing to develop new products and services to assist our diverse customer base.

If you have any question please call Customer Service at 1 (888) 306-9636.
The CAPTCHA failed several times before going though, but I doubt that would cause something like this.

pier11 Jan 22, 2014 9:34 am

Originally Posted by JW008 (Post 22201128)
Anyone else getting this after applying?

The CAPTCHA failed several times before going though, but I doubt that would cause something like this.

Previous history with PayPower? Or other Blackhawk Network related issues?

prasha11 Jan 22, 2014 9:54 am

Originally Posted by f0xx (Post 22201115)
Why not? It's T-Mobile's service. :confused:

'People who are not on a qualifying T-Mobile plan will incur additional fees.'

The words like 'Registered' and 'qualifying' are :confused:.