Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 9, 2014, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Please read the wiki before posting a question.

2/25/2015 - Single payment limit raised to $2999 when using credit or debit cards. Maximum payments per calendar month per individual biller account raised from 1 to 4.

2/18/2015 - Beginning next week, certain debit cards from smaller banks, as well as prepaid debit cards and gift cards will be subject to a 3 percent Bill Pay Fee on each payment.

Evolve now accepts Discover, Visa and Mastercard credit cards with 3% fee.

Debit Cards Not Charged the 3% Fee:
  • Insert here
  • US Bank (but not prepaid)

Transaction Limits:
http://www.evolvemoney.com/transaction-limits/

Daily dollar limits include:
  • $2,999.00 in payments funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 in payments funded by a cash load pack

Individual bill pay dollar limits include:
  • $2999.00 for a single bill funded by a debit card and/or credit card
  • $999.00 for a single bill funded by a cash load pack

Monthly payment limits include:
  • 4 payments per month using a credit or debit card within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Unlimited number of payments per month using a cash load pack within the dollar limits listed above.
  • Maximum of $10,000 total payments per month for credit, debit, and cash load packs combined.

The limits are based on charge date, not payment date.

There are currently no credit cards that can be paid via Evolve.

Tips for Using Evolve
  • No need to register your debit card
  • If your transaction does not go through, you will have to wait for the authorization to fall off your card
  • Using multiple Evolve accounts paying the same biller may lead to your biller being permanently blocked
  • If using GCs with the new scheduling feature, it is important to schedule in such a way that it says your card will be charged today (not on a future date) to prevent a decline; and if you want to avoid the Express Pay fee this also means typically scheduling a few days out (click each date to find one without the fee but still charges your card today).

Mortgages Section
Let us know if payments auto apply to principal or if you have to call

Bank of America: After making 4 payments over the weekend you MUST call (or use online banking messaging) to allocate funds to the regular payment - by default it goes to principal.

Central Mortgage: Appears to go to additional principal payment. YMMV

Chase: Payments with JPMorgan have to fall within a ~5-day window in order for them to be unallocated, otherwise they go to principal. Your window depends on the billing date (usually the 1st of the month). If so, the window is until the 5th, so using Evolve, you have to allow for the payment to post and have it post between ~the 1st and the 5th. PITA

Citi: Made two payments near the end of the month and these were originally "unapplied" and labeled as "additional funds received". A day or two afterwards they moved to principal payments. A quick call to Citi had the payments moved from principal to make up my monthly mortgage payment.

Nationstar Mortgage: Payment applied as an "Additional principal payment" if you sent before the 1st of the month. If you pay after the first, the payment is held until you submit the full payment amount, and then the whole thing is applied to your monthly payment.

PNC: Partial payments will be held aside until payment in full is made. They will send a letter.

Provident Funding: Does not accept partial payments. After month's mortgage is paid, accepts Evolve a additional principal payments.

US Bank: Made 4 payments in June; after a couple of days, payments moved from principal payment to applying to monthly payment w/o a call

Wells Fargo: Two $500 payments day 1, One $500 payment day 2 going over the actual mortgage payment amount due. The payment automatically combined itself to pay the exact amount due once the Third hit. Any amount that was overpaid subsequently went towards principal. Nice to not have to send in the Exact amount, if you don't mind paying some extra principal.

"If you have any problems with gift cards please send us an email at support [at] evolvemoney.com" [Source: AlexAtEvolveMoney]
Print Wikipost

Evolve Money

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2015, 1:27 pm

Email from Evolve:

To help pay those bills with higher balances, such as mortgages, we've raised the single payment limit to $2,999 when paying with credit or debit cards. In addition, you can now make up to 4 payments by card per month on a single bill. As always, you can make as many payments as you like by cash. Learn more here: http://www.evolvemoney.com/transaction-limits/
Old Feb 25, 2015, 2:09 pm

Originally Posted by michael_v
Email from Evolve:
werent so willing to help us before eh? its a convenient change of heart when profit comes into play.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 2:54 pm

Does using Suntrust Skymile debit card in Evolve Money earn Skymiles? I had the impression it does not earn. Can anyone pls confirm? thanks.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 3:10 pm

Citi gave my TYP card unlimited 3x for 6 months after a call to retention dept. TYP are more valuable now that they can be transferred to airlines. I might pay my $2700 mortgage for the next few months. An easy way to buy TYP for 1c each in decent quantities.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by sbbi
Does using ST debit card in Evolve Money earn Skymiles? I had the impression it does not earn. Can anyone pls confirm? thanks.
That is the million dollar question. Out of all of this misery, this would be a positive development. I thought it did earn as I've been using it, but never bothered to make sure...

Others, chime in. This is a big deal. I've been paying my Wells mortgage with Wally World MO; this would be so much easier if it still earns....
Old Feb 25, 2015, 3:56 pm

Programs: Delta Gold. Hilton Diamond. Hyatt Explorist.
Does using Suntrust Skymile debit card in Evolve Money earn Skymiles? I had the impression it does not earn. Can anyone pls confirm? thanks.
Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan
That is the million dollar question. Out of all of this misery, this would be a positive development. I thought it did earn as I've been using it, but never bothered to make sure...

Others, chime in. This is a big deal. I've been paying my Wells mortgage with Wally World MO; this would be so much easier if it still earns....
I'm also curious to see if my UFB Direct card will earn AA miles. It has no fee so I'm going to try it.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by ChrisFlyer66
I'm also curious to see if my UFB Direct card will earn AA miles. It has no fee so I'm going to try it.
I'd even go so far as to say I am a huge fan of the changes if this works out.....
Old Feb 25, 2015, 4:31 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, IC Plat Amb, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Thank you, I have the same question. Please report back
Old Feb 25, 2015, 4:59 pm

Originally Posted by THEsocalledfan
I'd even go so far as to say I am a huge fan of the changes if this works out.....
There was nothing stopping you from doing that before this change, it's just now your only real option, so saying you're a huge fan of all the options that were just taken away is kind of stupid.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 5:35 pm

Programs: UA MM *G, AA EXP, OW Emerald, Hyatt Globalist, Gold everywhere else
Well this...

Originally Posted by raymam1
I was able to pay a bill using a VGC yesterday without the fee, so it must have been a blip
Originally Posted by BigYellowDog
Paid a bill with VGC today with no fee..it was my 3rd payment for the month, so it looks like the 2 payments per month has been eliminated.
...combined with this...

Originally Posted by michael_v
To help pay those bills with higher balances, such as mortgages, we've raised the single payment limit to $2,999 when paying with credit or debit cards. In addition, you can now make up to 4 payments by card per month on a single bill. As always, you can make as many payments as you like by cash. Learn more here: http://www.evolvemoney.com/transaction-limits/
...would actually be an improvement for some people.

I realize a certain loophole was closed. Sadly I wasn't even aware of that one until pretty recently. One last payment scheduled for next week though.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA MM *G, AA EXP, OW Emerald, Hyatt Globalist, Gold everywhere else
FYI, tried adding a US Bank $500 VISA GC as a Debit and it's showing no fee.

All my other cards moved to the Credit Card section and now show the 3% fee.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 6:27 pm

T-mobile prepaid card is charged a fee.
Old Feb 25, 2015, 6:52 pm

If I did the search correctly, the thread about Suntrust Debit Card has conflicting reports that sometimes it earns and sometimes it doesn't earn miles. Can someone experience perform a better search than mine?
Old Feb 25, 2015, 7:41 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Staples Reward (Rebate) card is 3% fee too. Guess it makes sense since it is MetaBank.

Evolve is dead for me until/unless I get the UFB Direct AA debit card and it earns some AA miles.

We need a new Wiki section for confirmed 0% fee debit card options...
Old Feb 26, 2015, 6:46 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM
Both questions have been asked and answered previously:

UFB: YES
ST: NO

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.